WR rotation

scrantoncane

Sophomore
It's obvious at this point that Richards and Berrios are 1 and 2. We seem to be rotating a lot of guys after that. Cager seemed to be 3rd, Thomas played a lot early, Harley, Mullins. Langham said after the game that the only 2 snaps he played were the last 2 of the game.

I think it is time to trim the rotation down. Sure, certain packages call for certain receivers, line goal line or bubble screens. But in general, i would like to see someone solidified at the 3rd and 4th WR spot so they can get in a groove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadCane19

Recruit
Harley made and stayed with one hell of a block late in the game for a decent run when we needed it

hughhoney

Joaquin said dominate
Richt was begging for more speed all of last season and now we have Harley and Thomas and I haven't seen one go route to either. FSU can neutralize that speed but we have no one left that can. These guys need to be in the game.

PharmCane305

Freshman
Been pulling for Mullins but after his one chance yesterday it left a bad taste in my mouth. He needed to use his body but got bumped by the DB, quit on the play and wanted a pass interference call. Cmon man

scrantoncane

Sophomore
Harley made and stayed with one hell of a block late in the game for a decent run when we needed it
Based on both practice reports and in-game production, Harley seems to be our 3rd best guy right now.

He blocks downfield so size isn't a huge concern. He has excellent acceleration, maybe elite.

He would be my choice right now.

BeachCanes

Sophomore
Dionte Mullins has not looked like a player yet. He should be getting less snaps.

scrantoncane

Sophomore
Richt was begging for more speed all of last season and now we have Harley and Thomas and I haven't seen one go route to either. FSU can neutralize that speed but we have no one left that can. These guys need to be in the game.
To me, it isn't the lack of go routes. It's the lack of screens (sinorice moss vs FSU comes to mind!). Get these quick, shifty guys the ball and let them make guys miss. Esp with how well our WRs block down field.

This is a conversation for another thread, but I am really not a fan of mark Richt the play caller.

Tony Perps

Senior
We really need Harley to step up. Besides Berrios and Richards none of our WRs can get open.

CaneandAbel

Junior
What happened to Richards late yesterday he wasn't in at all during the last drive. Also On the last drive we ran 4 plays where the receivers on the field were Cager, Harley and Thomas.

Canes82

Freshman
Thomas gets open consistently. The ball just isn’t thrown his way.
He had his man beat real bad two plays before Berrios’ 3rd down catch on the final drive.

It’s only a matter of time before he makes a big play.

fresssh

Junior
Its such a small sample size with Langham, but between Bethune and Fsu, the guy needs to get more chances on the field. He can take Cagers spot until Cager can show hes worthy on game days.

Notsince1985

Staff member
Am I the only one that remembers like 5 vertical routes to Harley in the first two games?

Cribby

All-American
He had his man beat real bad two plays before Berrios’ 3rd down catch on the final drive.

This. He was open the next few after his catch

hughhoney

Joaquin said dominate
To me, it isn't the lack of go routes. It's the lack of screens (sinorice moss vs FSU comes to mind!). Get these quick, shifty guys the ball and let them make guys miss. Esp with how well our WRs block down field.

This is a conversation for another thread, but I am really not a fan of mark Richt the play caller.

Would've been tough to call more screens because most of that pressure they were getting was without blitzing. When they did blitz, Rosier seemed to pick it up very, very well. He tried throwing some short screens yesterday, but he couldn't get the ball over the DL. Richt called a decent game (B grade) yesterday, and that was obvious when the players started executing (lots of poorly thrown or dropped balls early on). That was a tremendous defense we played yesterday. I mean that final play was a back shoulder throw to Langham against McFadden with 6 seconds left, who has the balls to call that?

Colombie

Junior
Its such a small sample size with Langham, but between Bethune and Fsu, the guy needs to get more chances on the field. He can take Cagers spot until Cager can show hes worthy on game days.
And the funniest thing about this is there were actually "fans" in the Bethune game thread who said something like if Langham plays against F$U we lose the game.
Ironically he made the game winning catch.

hughhoney

Joaquin said dominate
Am I the only one that remembers like 5 vertical routes to Harley in the first two games?
Probably. Can't say that I was paying that close of attention during those games. We need to see more of it in games that matter though.

CaneandAbel

Junior

I watched the skycam version of last drive and Thomas did beat his man but he wasn't open the safety was there also it would've been a tight window, risky throw to make.

g8rh8rMD

Junior

I watched the skycam version of last drive and Thomas did beat his man but he wasn't open the safety was there also it would've been a tight window, risky throw to make.
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but where do you get that footage? [MENTION=8636]CaneandAbel[/MENTION]

CaneTime01

Freshman

Where can u watch the skycam view?