WR Rayshawn Jenkins commits to UM

Advertisement
Went ahead and let our friends on the USF board know of the latest developments. Its a shame they don't have any fans to respond lol.

Advertisement
48-72 passing, 824 yards
10 touchdowns
1 interception
83 rushes
647 yards
7 TDs
zero fumbles
1 catch for a 23 yard touchdown.

3 interceptions
15 tackles

1 TFL
8 passes defended.
4 sacks
1 forced fumble
State title in the 110 hurdles and finished second in the 300 hurdles.

Class A competition but you have to like the athletic makeup for a free safety. That spot is as thin as corner.

Advertisement
lol at big al. he ran a 14.9 which is pathetic. Lesson here don't look at the words "state champ" and assume the dude is fast when dealing with track.

money...he didn't run the 300h at the state championships

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who gives a **** about his times? He looks fast as **** on a football field which is what matters to me.

Nights gon' nights...

lol at big al. he ran a 14.9 which is pathetic. Lesson here don't look at the words "state champ" and assume the dude is fast when dealing with track.

money...he didn't run the 300h at the state championships

Wow, you are douchey. How about you don't assume state was his best time...quick google search shows a PR of 14.2.... So yeah, state was slow but who knows the conditions either way kids coordinated and STILL faster than VT and Ray Ray.

Advertisement
St. Petersburg (FL) Admiral Farragut Academy WR Rayshawn Jenkins told CaneSport last week that he would make a final college decision in December but that the Canes were leading.

My, how quickly things change.

He is now a Cane commitment. He called coaches at 3 p.m. today and gave his pledge.

"I just wanted to get it out of the way and focus on school," Jenkins said. "I just committed. I called the coaches, just told them that I wanted to be a Cane. I talked to all the coaches - I committed to coach Al (Golden), though. I called, said `Sir, I think my mind is pretty made up and I want to be a Cane. I'm verbally committing.' He said he's excited and things like that."

Jenkins adds that "I'm real happy. Now I can focus on school."

He will arrive in the fall and his senior season isn't over yet - his playoffs begin on Friday. So far he has seven touchdowns in five games (he missed the rest with a broken rib).

His goals at UM?

"To just come in and do what I need to do to help the team win, see where it goes from there," he said.

He'll take his official visit to Miami in mid-December. Jenkins says he will go ahead with visits to Wake Forest and Cincinnati, but they aren't set up yet.

He says this is a solid commitment regardless of where he visits.

"Miami, it's a private school with a great education, and that's something else that I really care about besides football," he said.

Jenkins visited UM and saw the campus at one of the summer camp sessions.

"It was beautiful there," he said. "I'm so excited."

St. Petersburg (FL) Admiral Farragut Academy WR Rayshawn Jenkins told CaneSport last week that he would make a final college decision in December but that the Canes were leading.

My, how quickly things change.

He is now a Cane commitment. He called coaches at 3 p.m. today and gave his pledge.

"I just wanted to get it out of the way and focus on school," Jenkins said. "I just committed. I called the coaches, just told them that I wanted to be a Cane. I talked to all the coaches - I committed to coach Al (Golden), though. I called, said `Sir, I think my mind is pretty made up and I want to be a Cane. I'm verbally committing.' He said he's excited and things like that."

Jenkins adds that "I'm real happy. Now I can focus on school."

He will arrive in the fall and his senior season isn't over yet - his playoffs begin on Friday. So far he has seven touchdowns in five games (he missed the rest with a broken rib).

His goals at UM?

"To just come in and do what I need to do to help the team win, see where it goes from there," he said.

He'll take his official visit to Miami in mid-December. Jenkins says he will go ahead with visits to Wake Forest and Cincinnati, but they aren't set up yet.

He says this is a solid commitment regardless of where he visits.

"Miami, it's a private school with a great education, and that's something else that I really care about besides football," he said.

Jenkins visited UM and saw the campus at one of the summer camp sessions.

"It was beautiful there," he said. "I'm so excited."

Advertisement
Back