WR Marquez Ezzard update

View as article
Cager looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. That's who he is until proven otherwise.

Did you watch the Wisconsin game?

One game? Really? How bout Pitt? How bout FSU? Looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane until he proves otherwise consistently.

The coaches have pulled him from games several times due to lack of focus and effort. He runs the wrong routes, doesn't block, or doesn't even try to block. He's the worse blocking WR we have on the team. Soft.

to be fair, it wouldnt matter if he showed up against pitt considering his qb

Advertisement
Cager looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. That's who he is until proven otherwise.

Did you watch the Wisconsin game?

I was there and was surprised when Cager kept coming up with big catches. Not that I didn't like the kid, it's just that theretofore he was more potential than production.

His production has been effect by injury but he's played big all season just Malik was inaccurate as **** many times

Can we all agree that Cager has been disappointing to this point? I hope he comes out and kills it next year, but so far he has not been the star we thought we were signing on national signing day.

Mods, please ban the next poster that mentions anything other than Ezzard in this thread

Or else

Whether it was Allen Hurns, Rashawn Scott, Hankerson, Streeter, etc., some of our best receivers came on as upperclassman. Let's hope Cager follows this route. I love Stacy Coley but the guy was never the same after his freshman year.

Advertisement
Can we all agree that Cager has been disappointing to this point? I hope he comes out and kills it next year, but so far he has not been the star we thought we were signing on national signing day.

You are correct but I can see Cager putting it together the next 2 years. He has no choice as the competition will become increasingly difficult moving forward.

No, we can’t agree cager has been disappointing to this point. That’s the wrong word. He played well early, got injured, had a bad game against FSU and came on the end of last year. Disappointment? Nope.

Mods, please ban the next poster that mentions anything other than Ezzard in this thread

Or else

What update are you expecting ? He's all cane and supposedly committed to the staff ( a silent ). So what else are you expecting ? Nsd is less than a week away. So rather than crying about the clutter and wanting bans laid down, toughen up and wait for the update . Even though it's probably not coming, we know all we'll know until he signs the loi.

I'm amazed at what people gripe about here.

Last edited:
Advertisement

No we can't agree. Not sure what you was expecting from a dude coming off a major injury. I was actually impressed he played as well as he did towards the end of the year.

No we can't agree. Not sure what you was expecting from a dude coming off a major injury. I was actually impressed he played as well as he did towards the end of the year.

This.

This.

Exactly... Cager made huge catches for us including a TD against Wisconsin. Very confident and fiery player on the field... a freshman isn't going to get close to taking his spot.

Another year removed from that knee surgery, another year developing and i expect him to be one of several primary weapons for our offense

I'm a bit concerned we didn't get a commitment from Ezzard. We continue to hear that Ole Miss is a legit threat. He would have a lot less competition for playing time there.

Would really like this cat to round out the class. Exciting how unique each freshman receiver is. This guy is going to be a yac machine.

Advertisement
I'm a bit concerned we didn't get a commitment from Ezzard. We continue to hear that Ole Miss is a legit threat. He would have a lot less competition for playing time there.

Would really like this cat to round out the class. Exciting how unique each freshman receiver is. This guy is going to be a yac machine.

Ezzard was never going to publicly commit before signing day. He has told reporters he would do it on signing day.

Ezzard was never going to publicly commit before signing day. He has told reporters he would do it on signing day.

I know, you're right. We have no Pete anymore for the inside scoop, just hoping he gave them a silent on the visit and we would have caught wind of it.

Hoping we survive the weekend without Georgia inviting him down for a visit.

He turned corner late season. Was very good in Orange Bowl.

Advertisement

Agree.

Nothing in the QP is inaccurate.

No, we can’t agree cager has been disappointing to this point. That’s the wrong word. He played well early, got injured, had a bad game against FSU and came on the end of last year. Disappointment? Nope.

He is a disappointment based on how this board built him up. I saw a tall injury prone wr with ok speed in his high school tape. He has 16 catches all year (3 against Bethune) and 7 games where he didnt record a catch. I never viewed him as a potentional stud so i cant say he is a disappointment but this board built him up like they did trayone gray. i just dont see how you look at ar, pope, jt, and hightower and say hes in that league.

Exactly and with a ****y QB at that

Advertisement
Back