WR Marquez Ezzard update

View as article
Cager looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. That's who he is until proven otherwise.

Maybe he played like " Jane " early because he was wearing a huge knee brace , and was comin off a major knee injury. An injury that takes two years to get back to your normal self.

Him wearing the brace early tells you he was still thinking about it, and it was mental.

By the end of the year he looked like a completely different guy. He was one of the only wr that even showed up for Wis.

I'm surprised a sunshine pumping a hole like yourself would be crapping on a current player , a player that's just coming back from major injury.

I guess the staff is the only ones you suck off no matter if they're right or wrong.

Very small sample size of him playing well, and it's only like 2 games or so. Like I said, he has been very inconsistent. Until he performs well consistently, he looks like Tazan and plays like Jane.

Advertisement
let me be fair. he worked hard to come on at the end of the year but if he's a top 3 wr on a team, you're not competing for a national title.

He's 6'5 with a lot of talent.... saying you're not competing for a national title if he's top 3 is the dumbest comment posted on this board today.

Thinking that kid is a top 3 wr on this team once you had the incoming fresh is dumb.

Lawrence Cager was an army all American with just as much hype as this group of freshmen coming in. Competition isnt one sided fools the freshmen will have a much harder time competing against an upperclassmen in Cager than Cager having to compete against them.

I.e. Jeff Thomas has more talent than Braxton Berrios but he didnt come close to beating him out. They're freshmen and are elite talents but neither will be in the top 3 this year or next year if Richards decides to stay. You should be happy that we have enough talent to not have to rely on underclassmen

I remember all the crazy stats Jeff was going to put up , and majority of these clowns had bb losing his job to Jt lol

Jeff Thomas was playing in the wrong position half the season. Richt acknowledged that in a few interviews. Jeff's production increased as soon as he went on the outside. Berrios was king of the slot. Jeff is not a slot receiver.

Cager will take Langhams snaps I think but both will struggle to get on field.

You forgot about DEEJAY lol. he might be our most dynamic player.

Cager is top 3 WR on the team with Richards and Thomas.

let me be fair. he worked hard to come on at the end of the year but if he's a top 3 wr on a team, you're not competing for a national title.

We need a big receiver. Cager is going to play.

Hightower said hi

Shiny new toy effect

Cager is top 3 WR on the team with Richards and Thomas.

We need a big receiver. Cager is going to play.

Hightower said hi

Yup. Cager and Langham better be working their butts off. Hightower IMO will compete for that big WR role right away.

Judging by the way Cager came on towards the end of the season, I think he’s in line for a big year.

Advertisement
Cager looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. That's who he is until proven otherwise.

Did you watch the Wisconsin game?

One game? Really? How bout Pitt? How bout FSU? Looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane until he proves otherwise consistently.

The coaches have pulled him from games several times due to lack of focus and effort. He runs the wrong routes, doesn't block, or doesn't even try to block. He's the worse blocking WR we have on the team. Soft.

Last edited:
Checked this thread for an Ezzard update, all I got was a debate on how good Cager is.

\typical CIS thread nowadays.

He's 6'5 with a lot of talent.... saying you're not competing for a national title if he's top 3 is the dumbest comment posted on this board today.

Thinking that kid is a top 3 wr on this team once you had the incoming fresh is dumb.

Lawrence Cager was an army all American with just as much hype as this group of freshmen coming in. Competition isnt one sided fools the freshmen will have a much harder time competing against an upperclassmen in Cager than Cager having to compete against them.

I.e. Jeff Thomas has more talent than Braxton Berrios but he didnt come close to beating him out. They're freshmen and are elite talents but neither will be in the top 3 this year or next year if Richards decides to stay. You should be happy that we have enough talent to not have to rely on underclassmen

I remember all the crazy stats Jeff was going to put up , and majority of these clowns had bb losing his job to Jt lol. I remember Brock being one I argued with about that , so silly.

Thomas would have had huge stats if we had a QB who could actually get him the ball. The kid was wide open throughout the year and Rosier would under throw him. Against Clemson he had his guy beat by at least 5 yards and Rosier threw a duck.

There was guys saying he'd have 1000-1200 yards lol , and beating out Bb. That's insane , especially for a 5'9 wr. It's just cool to crown the incoming guy, that's what fans do. Just like they were burying Braxton last year. The new guy is always more popular than the old guy. Cager is just the next guy to be buried.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I remember all the crazy stats Jeff was going to put up , and majority of these clowns had bb losing his job to Jt lol

Jeff Thomas was playing in the wrong position half the season. Richt acknowledged that in a few interviews. Jeff's production increased as soon as he went on the outside. Berrios was king of the slot. Jeff is not a slot receiver.

Serious question, whats the difference between playing in the slot and on the outside (played no football heart murmur) ?

So who’s gonna be in the slot game 1?

Harley? He looks more like an outside guy so far. Put him on an island out there and use that speed.
Pope? Asking a lot for him to come in and start but JT4 and Harley did it so why can’t he?

Dare I say......... Brevin Jordan. Same situation as Pope but I think he could play that role especially early on till he gets his blocking techniques/scheme down

One game? Really? How bout Pitt? How bout FSU? Looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane until he proves otherwise consistently.

Pitt is a terrible example; Rosier couldn’t hit the side of a barn that game. As far as F$U goes, sure, but that was earlier in the season. I was impressed by his play in the ND and Wisky games.

Pitt is a terrible example; Rosier couldn’t hit the side of a barn that game. As far as F$U goes, sure, but that was earlier in the season. I was impressed by his play in the ND and Wisky games.

Like I also edited, he is a terrible blocking WR as well. Lack or effort and hunger from a big WR. Very soft in the blocking game and gets exposed as Jane over and over.

Cager can be a good WR, but he has to bring it consistently. He has to change his mentality, effort, and hunger.

Advertisement

he made like one catch against ND. he did show up against wisky. def his best game.

So we're crowning the Fr wr before they played a down? Didn't we play this game last year?

Cager will be in the rotation and be one of the top 3-4 guys.

Some are forgetting he was coming off a major knee injury, but he started flashing towards the end of the season.

I'm expecting a good season by LC. Big kids that move like that doesn't grow on trees.

If teams bracket AR, I can't think of one team that has a CB who physically can match up to Cager. I think he has a pretty good year. Coaches like him, as you can tell by how they were targeting him in the last few games.

Not sure about that. All teams have to do is pull the Wisconsin film and employ the wedgie technique. Seems pretty effective.

FSU cb's took his heart so there is at least one team. I dont get the obsession with cager. look at the wr talent we have. some of you guys act like he's calvin johnson
Played much better in the latter half of the season, don’t think he was fully confident in his knee early on

that's fair. i just think the fan base expectations are a little to high for him. I think if AR is healthy and you have JT and Pope. Cager is not top 3. I think Hightower can beat him out of snaps. It's nothing against him. he played very good against wisky, i just think the fanbase expects a little too much from him.

Cough, cough. Was yelling this before he got here. Was repeatedly told stuff about "his build" and all that. He can probably play in the slot just fine, but he's a real threat at flanker, where he can destroy DBs on corner and post routes. You see it in the NFL with guys like Antonio Brown and T. Hill. They offer a lot outside. It's the inverse of when we inappropriately had Berrios playing flanker in 2016.

Advertisement

Cough, cough. Was yelling this before he got here. Was repeatedly told stuff about "his build" and all that. He can probably play in the slot just fine, but he's a real threat at flanker, where he can destroy DBs on corner and post routes. You see it in the NFL with guys like Antonio Brown and T. Hill. They offer a lot outside. It's the inverse of when we inappropriately had Berrios playing flanker in 2016.

Dilly Dilly sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If teams bracket AR, I can't think of one team that has a CB who physically can match up to Cager. I think he has a pretty good year. Coaches like him, as you can tell by how they were targeting him in the last few games.

Not sure about that. All teams have to do is pull the Wisconsin film and employ the wedgie technique. Seems pretty effective.

FSU cb's took his heart so there is at least one team. I dont get the obsession with cager. look at the wr talent we have. some of you guys act like he's calvin johnson
Played much better in the latter half of the season, don’t think he was fully confident in his knee early on

that's fair. i just think the fan base expectations are a little to high for him. I think if AR is healthy and you have JT and Pope. Cager is not top 3. I think Hightower can beat him out of snaps. It's nothing against him. he played very good against wisky, i just think the fanbase expects a little too much from him.

not a knock on Cager at all but he hasn't really shown the consistency to be a go to guy or create the mismatch problems you would like to see with his size. Maybe the injury has had some lingering effects on his confidence, etc. I think he has potential to be a red zone threat, and possession type receiver, but he will lose out if he does not make some significant strides this coming year.

On the outside, it looks like it's AR, JT, MH, and LC.

Who is in the slot? I'm sure there will be some Jordan / Mallory designed mismatches. Deejay seems like a natural fit in this role on top of wildcat and pistol. Where does Pope, Hightower, and Ezzard fit into this equation?

I just got giddy typing all of those names... and I didn't even mention our stable of RBs. If our QB can hit receivers in stride, watch out.

Advertisement
Back