2024 WR Jerrae "Tank" Hawkins, IMG (from WV)

I understand the hindsight. I liked Hightowers upside but I remember plenty of people heeded warnings on Pope, his film showed limited route running and a tendency to get overwhelmed by more physical corners. I think lots of us overlooked that due to his very high 247 ranking.
Great 7v7 kid. Didn't translate unfortunately

Advertisement
Gervonta Davis Knockout GIF by SHOWTIME Sports
Lawwwwwwwwd

told InsideTheU he'll be scheduling his Miami OV this weekend.
Given the OV, I've moved him to the priority WR recruit list on our WR board

Advertisement
Advertisement
The only knock on this kid is lack of height. He's got elite speed for a HS junior (running in the 4.4s in the 40, 6.69 in the 60m, and 10.3-10.40 range in the 100m this Spring). He's got very reliable hands. He tracks the deep ball very well. He changes directions like a RB with the ball in his hands. He is a tough football player and not just a "track guy" burner (played CB, too).

Looking forward to see how he performs at IMG, but I really like this kid as our smaller/quicker/speedster type WR for this class and would put him high on the target list of WRs. Add him to Chance and then swing for the fences with Wingo, Smith, JoJo, Miller, Graham, and McCoy.

Advertisement
He's just saying he's going to be announcing a commitment date soon. The actual commitment could still be months away.

Advertisement
He's just saying he's going to be announcing a commitment date soon. The actual commitment could still be months away.
Yeah probably a July announcement date: “After the officials I will start to separate those schools out and at the end of July I will probably make a decision”

Scheduled OVs and top 3 of:
Miami (June 3)
Florida (June 9)
Penn State (June 25)

Seems like it’s between us and Florida. I think June 9th is our big OV weekend right? Would have loved to see him come that weekend.

Advertisement
Back