2024 WR Jerrae "Tank" Hawkins, IMG (from WV)

Advertisement
Imagine if we took Moore, Thornton over Pope & Ezzard 🤦‍♂️.
Our wide receiver room would have been lethal, but the team still needed a qb without his head in the sand. Maybe an underachiever like Pope would have got his act together with all that talent.

To me, Pope and Hightower were no brainer takes. Depending how much local chatter was to be believed, Wiggins helped secure Pope’s commitment.

A visionary evaluation staff would have prioritized Moore and Thorton over Kevin Austin, Xavier Williams and Ezzard. 20/20 hindsight of course

Advertisement
Our wide receiver room would have been lethal, but the team still needed a qb without his head in the sand. Maybe an underachiever like Pope would have got his act together with all that talent.

To me, Pope and Hightower were no brainer takes. Depending how much local chatter was to be believed, Wiggins helped secure Pope’s commitment.

A visionary evaluation staff would have prioritized Moore and Thorton over Kevin Austin, Xavier Williams and Ezzard. 20/20 hindsight of course
I understand the hindsight. I liked Hightowers upside but I remember plenty of people heeded warnings on Pope, his film showed limited route running and a tendency to get overwhelmed by more physical corners. I think lots of us overlooked that due to his very high 247 ranking.

They want Hawkins but so far we’re more of a threat when it’s an OL. Hawkins is an absolute want for me. We need the speed.
Hey @RVACane
Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

Hit the button bro

I understand the hindsight. I liked Hightowers upside but I remember plenty of people heeded warnings on Pope, his film showed limited route running and a tendency to get overwhelmed by more physical corners. I think lots of us overlooked that due to his very high 247 ranking.
For myself, I saw Pope at Paradise Camp was mesmerized, pause. Camp football has limitations, still, he showed as much ability as Devonta Smith who was a year older.

I do remember his senior stats were disappointing, but his track times made me keep faith.

Advertisement
Advertisement
For myself, I saw Pope at Paradise Camp was mesmerized, pause. Camp football has limitations, still, he showed as much ability as Devonta Smith who was a year older.

I do remember his senior stats were disappointing, but his track times made me keep faith.
For me his speed gave and improvement in the weight room over time gave me the hope he'd prove the doubters wrong, but unfortunately for us the fears were exactly what was speculated. Once I started seeing weekly gas station selfies I knew we messed up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back