2024 WR Jeremiah Smith (Commits to OSU 12/14/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Sure it plays a part but can you argue with a kid choosing a wr factory? I’m hopeful we make the right hire and can change some minds.
Bama wasn't a WR factory until the SFLA guys took the literal bags of cash and OSU wasn't WRU until a few years ago (supplemented by cash).

Now money is no longer a reason with our NIL, and had Richards not been injured, he would have been drafted just as high as the Bama/OSU turncoat pu$$ies.

Unless we make a splash at OC and bring in someone who his WR friendly (which Mario is not never has been) there's zero shot. The nuts will get whoever they want at WR while hartline is there. Already proved it with Innis, we offered A LOT more than they were and he still chose to get devolped up there and I don't blame him

Exactly, we get that Mario is a great OL guy and can land five star OL.

Time for him to start landing 5 Star offensive skill players

This kid can’t leave SoFla. This is what we brought Mario in for
The DBs and the WRs are the ones that have been killing us no doubt

Its January, almost a year before signing day. Yall need to let this one go. Thats why i never had any emotional attachment to Innis. Once u commit somewhere early, seems like an informed decision to me. Unless u are Ray Ray who Manny totally ignored. If he flips, he flips. If not get Jo Jo and Chance. Dont tell me bout we cant be losing So FL WR, its happened alot. We need to show out either way. WRs go to the sure thing. Most front running position on the field.

Advertisement
Its January, almost a year before signing day. Yall need to let this one go. Thats why i never had any emotional attachment to Innis. Once u commit somewhere early, seems like an informed decision to me. Unless u are Ray Ray who Manny totally ignored. If he flips, he flips. If not get Jo Jo and Chance. Dont tell me bout we cant be losing So FL WR, its happened alot. We need to show out either way. WRs go to the sure thing. Most front running position on the field.
Not disagreeing but wym by most front running position? I don’t understand

Not disagreeing but wym by most front running position? I don’t understand
They are gonna where the offense is already lit or they are guaranteed to put up yards. They dont do rebuilds.

Reactions: E1k
They are gonna where the offense is already lit or they are guaranteed to put up yards. They dont do rebuilds.
In our case u right but in my opinion, I don’t really know the situations but i think if we had a productive offseason last year and then this upcoming year and mario/dvd recruiting him for 2 years id think we had a very very good shot to get him. Seems far fetched now but u right its a year before signing day who knows what can happen

Advertisement

Dam woulda been dope to make that happen.. Guessing OC getting HC job and hartline getting promoted messed that up.. Cant wait for guys to find gigs, have to move fast.. fire asap and lock your target in.. I know Mario worries about perception and doing things a certain way but waiting seems to have cost him a few times now

I don’t care about Jeremiah Smith. He snobs the hometown team by committing right out of the gate. Knowing that Mario is shaking things up, he should have waited to see the new offense. He can be a first rounder whether here or there. So why rush? Kick the rocks. Next

I think it woulda been lunacy to hire Hartline as a OC. He could well turn out great but i rather see him call plays before. At this point he is a great recruiter on a team that has a well established reputation. And no its not the same as Dorsey who was in the NFL coaching pro bowl QBs. The QB coach is much more involved in the offensive planning, reading coverages etc. Every OC has to start somewhere so it can work. Just dont think it would be a good idea for us. Also if this is true, put lies to the idea.....as i knew that Cristobal is married to running the option.

Advertisement
If Miami get these hires right and the offense produces, I think he signs with Miami. Smith, Trader, and some random 5 star we don't know about yet. Don't mess this up Mario.

Advertisement
Nah, I'm not. I can think of 5 receivers in the past 10 years I'd take over Innis during their high school careers.
1. A. Cooper (Northwestern)
2. J. Jeudy (Deerfield)
3. C. Ridley (Monarch)
4. D. Philips (Central)
5. S. Ishmael (NMB)

Innis had an amazing high school career and the kid has been producing since he was in the 8th grade but South Florida has produced elite receivers year in and year out. Calling Innis the best receiver of the last 10- 15 years is short sighted and myopic.
I never said that I thought that he was. Some people just never read the full context of posts on here 🤦‍♂️

Nah, I'm not. I can think of 5 receivers in the past 10 years I'd take over Innis during their high school careers.
1. A. Cooper (Northwestern)
2. J. Jeudy (Deerfield)
3. C. Ridley (Monarch)
4. D. Philips (Central)
5. S. Ishmael (NMB)

Innis had an amazing high school career and the kid has been producing since he was in the 8th grade but South Florida has produced elite receivers year in and year out. Calling Innis the best receiver of the last 10- 15 years is short sighted and myopic.
I know that it’s more than ten years but not by much.
But Antonio Brown is a Dade county player who went to central Michigan.
When he was ballin at his peak he was the best WR in the league.
Idk if cooper or Ridley were ever regarded as the best wr in the league.
And the only Florida coach to offer and have him committed was Mario Cristobal.

I know that it’s more than ten years but not by much.
But Antonio Brown is a Dade county player who went to central Michigan.
When he was ballin at his peak he was the best WR in the league.
Idk if cooper or Ridley were ever regarded as the best wr in the league.
And the only Florida coach to offer and have him committed was Mario Cristobal.
His grades were terrible, hence going to Central Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back