WR Gibson breaks down interest in top contenders Miami and UF

From UF board on Gibson's visit there today:

"It was good," Gibson told Swamp247. "It was just like a little quick visit just for me. It was really just a long sit down with Coach Billy [Gonzales] and another sit down with Coach [Dan] Mullen. I took some pictures too after the visit with them, because why not. I had some questions I wanted to have answered now that I have taken some other visits. I have learned by taking them how to ask certain things to coaches that are important to me, so I wanted to ask them some things about Florida. It was defiantly positive and I liked the visit and haven't even taken my official there. They are still looking good for that."

His June 1 visit, the Gators had countless visitors in Gainesville, so it was a plus on his second time around getting more quality time with the staff and wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales.

"That was one of the main reasons I went back was because the last visit was such a big thing. They had a lot of people there, so you know it's tougher to get the time around coaches like you would want, which I get because they had so many guys there. I definitely wanted to come back and spend time with them and get the feel on where I am with them and if I am a priority. Definitely glad I went and got those questions answered by them."

Those questions the 6-foot-4, 185-pounder had for the coaching staff were geared more towards the ways coach Gonzales sharpens his position room during their day to day grind. Coach Gonzales gave Gibson and his family a very detailed look into the method of his preparation.

"I just wanted to know more about how Coach Gonzales develops guys, because I know he does, but I want to see his method of what he does with guys to get them better. He showed me a lot more things about what he does behind the scenes on offense and how they would want to use me. He broke down film of his drills in practice all the way to game film. I got to see everything and it was really detailed. He taught me some things I didn't even know before today because he showed how the drills he uses in practice translate to the game. It's crazy because I learned from him and I'm not even really a player there. It was great to come back and do that for sure."

Coach Gonzales has been one of his main contacts in Gainesville along with assistant director of player personnel Keiwan Ratliff.

"He is just a really cool dude man," he said of Gonzales. "I just really like the connection I have with him and I feel like I can talk to him and we always have a good time when we talk around each other. I really like the success he's had with guys at the college level."

Following his time at UF on Friday, Gibson will cap off his June visit late with an unofficial visit to Auburn on Sunday. He also is planning a return to Gainesville in July when the summer 'Dead Period' concludes.

"I should be back at Friday Night Lights in July when they have that. I don't know any other visits for July yet because I didn't know that the whole month of July wasn't a dead period before today."

Gibson has used official visits to Miami and Baylor thus far, and is looking ahead at how his will navigate his remaining trips going forward. Of his three remaining visits, Gibson knows the Gators will get one.

"I already know Florida is going to get one," he said. "I may do it for the Bama game or I may do it the first week of December after the season. That first weekend after the season is over Florida said they are having a big visit weekend. Either way I am going to be at the Bama game, but I don't know if it will be an official or an unofficial visit, but either way I will be there. That big visit weekend in December sounds like a really good weekend and they said it would be really fun."

Gibson has bounced around different timelines of when he could make his decision. At one point he wanted to be done before the start of the season, but could take things deeper into the fall months if he needs to.

"I am not really sure yet. I just have so much information being throw at me, so it makes it harder. I am the type who could even silent commit somewhere earlier. I do want to take these OV's though, but it's a lot to think about. I know Florida will be an OV I take, I want to take one to South Carolina, I want to take one to Florida State, and I also want to take one to Tennessee, and then I have another school saying they are going to offer me that could be in the mix as well. So I have a lot of schools I want to take a visit to, but only have three OV's I can use."

Advertisement
Just to have options all WR’s had bigger WR around them also
I mean I get wanting options but we’ve had 6’4” receivers that were total stiffs.

Name the jumbo receivers at Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, etc the last 5 years that actually made an impact. It’s a small list.

The school that’s had the best set of big receivers is probably UF with Pitts, the transfer from Ohio State, etc…and their best true receiver was Toney, who isn’t that big.

Gibson seems like a great take but it isn’t just because we need tall dudes, it’s because he looks like a legit stud.

From UF board on Gibson's visit there today:

"It was good," Gibson told Swamp247. "It was just like a little quick visit just for me. It was really just a long sit down with Coach Billy [Gonzales] and another sit down with Coach [Dan] Mullen. I took some pictures too after the visit with them, because why not. I had some questions I wanted to have answered now that I have taken some other visits. I have learned by taking them how to ask certain things to coaches that are important to me, so I wanted to ask them some things about Florida. It was defiantly positive and I liked the visit and haven't even taken my official there. They are still looking good for that."

His June 1 visit, the Gators had countless visitors in Gainesville, so it was a plus on his second time around getting more quality time with the staff and wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales.

"That was one of the main reasons I went back was because the last visit was such a big thing. They had a lot of people there, so you know it's tougher to get the time around coaches like you would want, which I get because they had so many guys there. I definitely wanted to come back and spend time with them and get the feel on where I am with them and if I am a priority. Definitely glad I went and got those questions answered by them."

Those questions the 6-foot-4, 185-pounder had for the coaching staff were geared more towards the ways coach Gonzales sharpens his position room during their day to day grind. Coach Gonzales gave Gibson and his family a very detailed look into the method of his preparation.

"I just wanted to know more about how Coach Gonzales develops guys, because I know he does, but I want to see his method of what he does with guys to get them better. He showed me a lot more things about what he does behind the scenes on offense and how they would want to use me. He broke down film of his drills in practice all the way to game film. I got to see everything and it was really detailed. He taught me some things I didn't even know before today because he showed how the drills he uses in practice translate to the game. It's crazy because I learned from him and I'm not even really a player there. It was great to come back and do that for sure."

Coach Gonzales has been one of his main contacts in Gainesville along with assistant director of player personnel Keiwan Ratliff.

"He is just a really cool dude man," he said of Gonzales. "I just really like the connection I have with him and I feel like I can talk to him and we always have a good time when we talk around each other. I really like the success he's had with guys at the college level."

Following his time at UF on Friday, Gibson will cap off his June visit late with an unofficial visit to Auburn on Sunday. He also is planning a return to Gainesville in July when the summer 'Dead Period' concludes.

"I should be back at Friday Night Lights in July when they have that. I don't know any other visits for July yet because I didn't know that the whole month of July wasn't a dead period before today."

Gibson has used official visits to Miami and Baylor thus far, and is looking ahead at how his will navigate his remaining trips going forward. Of his three remaining visits, Gibson knows the Gators will get one.

"I already know Florida is going to get one," he said. "I may do it for the Bama game or I may do it the first week of December after the season. That first weekend after the season is over Florida said they are having a big visit weekend. Either way I am going to be at the Bama game, but I don't know if it will be an official or an unofficial visit, but either way I will be there. That big visit weekend in December sounds like a really good weekend and they said it would be really fun."

Gibson has bounced around different timelines of when he could make his decision. At one point he wanted to be done before the start of the season, but could take things deeper into the fall months if he needs to.

"I am not really sure yet. I just have so much information being throw at me, so it makes it harder. I am the type who could even silent commit somewhere earlier. I do want to take these OV's though, but it's a lot to think about. I know Florida will be an OV I take, I want to take one to South Carolina, I want to take one to Florida State, and I also want to take one to Tennessee, and then I have another school saying they are going to offer me that could be in the mix as well. So I have a lot of schools I want to take a visit to, but only have three OV's I can use."

............................ Horton Wears a U?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
yes. waiting for that offer. They have missed on all their top targets so far. LOL Supposedly the kid who just committed to OSU said flat out UGA doesn't develop WR.
If that’s a big time offer to him then he’s only chasing a bag… like that kid who went to OSU said they don’t develop WRs or **** anyone really

This past NFL draft Jawja had quite a few drafted players… each recap consisted of “still raw needs more coaching” pathetic

Advertisement
Back