WR Gibson breaks down interest in top contenders Miami and UF

View as article
Advertisement
I said it before, but if it weren’t for his parent’s influence, I doubt UF would be up there with Miami. But he’s told many folks (not the media) he wants that Clemson offer. He’s in our speed camp and I don’t talk to kids about their college decision, but I’ve overheard him with the others. Miami definitely have a chance. UF currently has 3 WRs. Two of which are speed deamons. If Clemson don’t come with an offer… I see him committing to Miami.
Not saying he doesn’t want the Clemson offer but not sure where this started. Because one coach and a player said that. He’s always mentioned Bama, Ohio St and According to some Clemson.

it’s going to be one of the schools in the top 8 no matter who else comes calling, and we have a fighters chance, no decision has been made

Seems like we have to prove it on the field to close out on a lot of the remaining guys we're after.
That's wat I've been saying we gotta finish strong or atleast be in it until the end imo??? It feels like recruits are on a wait and see approach with us.. but not other teams is very suspect.. even after all the great visits.. seems like something is off in a way we should atleast be at 8 committed recruits by now???

yes. waiting for that offer. They have missed on all their top targets so far. LOL Supposedly the kid who just committed to OSU said flat out UGA doesn't develop WR.
Facts, they don’t dont do much well outside sign top classes due to bags

took cager and he ended up being there best wr

Advertisement
We should of been evaluating some other under the radar type receivers??? This situation just reeks of portal receiver options??

I think the WR depth chart is too deep just like our LB depth chart. I dont think the coaches are sweating it, we will have 8-10 WRs coming back, plus i think Curtis will be moved which could mean 9-11 total WRs for 2022. This is without any 2021 commits. The coaches might be fine with just Ibieta and leave a space for a portal WR.

At this point, I’d take a big, project type. We don’t need dudes to step in right away. It might be time to roll the dice on a tall sleeper
It would probably be best to get a dude that can step in right away unless they feel good about Redding, Keyshawn, or the freshmen.

I keep hearing this talk of taking projects and it sounds quite defeatist. Clemson kept reeling in top 50 WRs even though they had multiple great receivers already on their team. They could afford to do that but that's besides the point. Even with such a high number of receivers, why do we have to take a project instead of guy who could get playing time in '22? Please don't say the portal.

It would probably be best to get a dude that can step in right away unless they feel good about Redding, Keyshawn, or the freshmen.

I keep hearing this talk of taking projects and it sounds quite defeatist. Clemson kept reeling in top 50 WRs even though they had multiple great receivers already on their team. They could afford to do that but that's besides the point. Even with such a high number of receivers, why do we have to take a project instead of guy who could get playing time in '22? Please don't say the portal.
I mean between Smith, Redding, Worsham, Restrepo, Payton, Brinson, George, and Brashard Smith, they should have enough numbers to compete for immediate playing time. That’s not including guys like Pope and Wiggins who technically still have a year or eligibility. Most of those guys don’t have a ton of experience but they’ll all be more ready to step in and play than any true freshman recruit.

I mean between Smith, Redding, Worsham, Restrepo, Payton, Brinson, George, and Brashard Smith, they should have enough numbers to compete for immediate playing time. That’s not including guys like Pope and Wiggins who technically still have a year or eligibility. Most of those guys don’t have a ton of experience but they’ll all be more ready to step in and play than any true freshman recruit.

You're obviously not saying this but it sounds like "Ignore the #1 player in the country because he most likely won't be ready to contribute and we already have enough guys" None of the guys you listed, excluding the freshmen who arrived later, were pushing Rambo or Harley for their jobs. I guess I'm looking at it from a talent standpoint while some are thinking about experience and numbers.

Advertisement

there’s a difference between quantity depth and quality depth.

I just don’t understand the fascination with them. His teammate told me he said “they do the best with tall WRs.” SMH. I really hope that wasn’t true.
You're a coach(?) and don't understand the fascination? There isn't another school doing better with tall receivers than Clemson.

You're a coach(?) and don't understand the fascination? There isn't another school doing better with tall receivers than Clemson.
I don’t coach football. Track. Also you all so literally. Dang just relax. Of course I know why a kid would want to go to Bama, Clemson, OU, OSU etc, but still “what’s the fascination” over Miami. Let me put an LOL so you can understand this isn’t for you to get all serious.

there’s a difference between quantity depth and quality depth.
Are you assuming that all the guys I listed are just a bunch of jags despite the fact that most have hardly even played yet? If so, why are you assuming that another kid who hasn’t played a snap yet would automatically be an upgrade? I mean most of the guys I listed were star recruits at one point too.

Advertisement
You're obviously not saying this but it sounds like "Ignore the #1 player in the country because he most likely won't be ready to contribute and we already have enough guys" None of the guys you listed, excluding the freshmen who arrived later, were pushing Rambo or Harley for their jobs. I guess I'm looking at it from a talent standpoint while some are thinking about experience and numbers.
I’m not saying to ignore anyone. Just not to put all our eggs into one basket.

Are you assuming that all the guys I listed are just a bunch of jags despite the fact that most have hardly even played yet? If so, why are you assuming that another kid who hasn’t played a snap yet would automatically be an upgrade? I mean most of the guys I listed were star recruits at one point too.

Making an educated guess based on what I've read and what they've done here. Redding/Payton - 1 can't stay eligible and the other hasn't been able to see the field when he's had ample oppty to do so and the starters have stunk. Xavier is solid. Worsham has a ways to go before he can see the field. I have hopes for the incoming freshmen. As for Gibson - the kid has the potential to be a game changer based on his size and athletic ability.

Making an educated guess based on what I've read and what they've done here. Redding/Payton - 1 can't stay eligible and the other hasn't been able to see the field when he's had ample oppty to do so and the starters have stunk. Xavier is solid. Worsham has a ways to go before he can see the field. I have hopes for the incoming freshmen. As for Gibson - the kid has the potential to be a game changer based on his size and athletic ability.
Who exactly is having issues staying eligible ?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back