Wr Fred Eaford decommit

MIAMI needs some speed at WR, and these recruits has to have size, no more 5'10 160 lb WRs!! We need the 6'0"+ WRs with speed..

Advertisement
Much respect my man.

I knew he wasn't going to stick because for 1) most super early commitments rarely ever stick & we foolishly push kids to commit early when they haven't even made the rounds to take other visits, & 2) if you know the influence that Ge'Mon has on his lil brother it was a guarantee he wasn't gonna stay committed no matter what the reason was.

Ge'Mon hates Miami, no way he would let his lil bro come here.

Why the Miami hate?

Hialeah High School WR Frederick Eaford is a former Hurricane commitment who backed off his pledge Jan. 16.

Now?

He says the Canes are very much in his picture.

“Miami’s in it, I’ve been talking to coach (Manny) Diaz pretty regularly,” Eaford said. ‘He wants me there.”

Eaford says UM, Indiana, Louisville and Georgia Tech are schools high in his picture.

What he wants: A program that passes a lot … and with success.

“The spread offense will help Miami with me,” Eaford said.

He adds that when he first committed to UM it was “because it was home, that’s it.”

So if the Canes have a great passing offense this year?

“That would be big, but they have to show me a lot also,” Eaford said. “Just good quarterback play, and throwing the ball more.”

Eaford says he has no timeline for a decision but that he may make it at an all-star game.

Hialeah High School WR Frederick Eaford is a former Hurricane commitment who backed off his pledge Jan. 16.

Now?

“Miami’s in it, I’ve been talking to coach (Manny) Diaz pretty regularly,” Eaford said. ‘He wants me there.”

Eaford says UM, Indiana, Louisville and Georgia Tech are schools high in his picture.

He adds that when he first committed to UM it was “because it was home, that’s it.”

“That would be big, but they have to show me a lot also,” Eaford said. “Just good quarterback play, and throwing the ball more.”

Eaford says he has no timeline for a decision but that he may make it at an all-star game.

Sounds like he was hoping a Miami commitment would get the SEC schools interested, but they didn’t come. Now, he’s hedging his bets still hoping one of the SEC schools come calling.

if he comes great, but he doesn’t seem sold on Miami regardless of what we do this year.

Advertisement
Don’t undersell how much Stubblefields leaving impacted his recruitment. I like the kids game he made some plays this year vs some of the best in Dade but this WR class is deep.

Now?

I'm already over this kid. Said he committed to honor his father who passed away and then decommitted. Have fun at Indiana or Nebraska because there are better WR prospects available. This kid had his chance and backed off , next!

This whole recruitment is absurd. according to him, he committed to honor his late father, which is an incredibly noble and emotional gesture.

To then walk away from something so purportedly heart felt completely takes away from the emotion connected with the initial gesture.

Advertisement
Kid can play...It's such a deep year for the position, I'm not sure where he's at on the board right now. Like others better, but Eaford is no slouch at all.

Andy Ivans just tweeted that the kid decommitted because he found out that his deceased dad actually wasn't his biological father. Respek his decision, please.

what that got to do with Miami? If he was a true cane that would not have mattered. And if dude raised him as his own even though he wasn't his pops he should be grateful to him and honor him even more smh

what that got to do with Miami? If he was a true cane that would not have mattered. And if dude raised him as his own even though he wasn't his pops he should be grateful to him and honor him even more smh

Exactly. A father simply is not one who gets a woman pregnant.....a father is one who's there to raise a child, biological or not.

Advertisement
Low upside Mike Harley type. Doesn't have the traits or skills to separate against tight man coverage. His highlights show him in uncovered zones or working against off coverage with huge cushions. He has good hands and decent enough speed so he could produce at a lower level spread school. The offer list makes sense.

Low upside Mike Harley type. Doesn't have the traits or skills to separate against tight man coverage. His highlights show him in uncovered zones or working against off coverage with huge cushions. He has good hands and decent enough speed so he could produce at a lower level spread school. The offer list makes sense.

Can make you miss more than Harley, maybe not Harley's top speed though.

Advertisement
Exactly. A father simply is not one who gets a woman pregnant.....a father is one who's there to raise a child, biological or not.

Screenshot_20200217-140727_Gallery.jpg

*that said, I was just joking. Possibly in poor taste but the kid kinda crossed that bridge when decommitting from something he deemed as a tribute to his dad.

Andy Ivans just tweeted that the kid decommitted because he found out that his deceased dad actually wasn't his biological father. Respek his decision, please.
So what. The man who raised him, paid for everything, devoted time to him, loved him, and who he loved in return, wasn’t the one who provided the sperm? Who cares about the sperm relative to what it means to raise a child. And how about the fact that the deceased knew he wasn’t the biological father and still raised the son all the same; love, time, attention and money.

i hate to ask this questions so often when it comes to athletes, but who is advising these kids? Or better question, is any adult advising this young man?
This young man may already be mentally damaged goods and more trouble down the road than he is worth. So sad to write that about someone so young and I sincerely hope I am wrong and he goes on to great things.

Sounds like he was hoping a Miami commitment would get the SEC schools interested, but they didn’t come. Now, he’s hedging his bets still hoping one of the SEC schools come calling.

if he comes great, but he doesn’t seem sold on Miami regardless of what we do this year.

SEC schools don't give a **** whether we offer or not. LOL

Advertisement
Back