WR Drops - who is to blame?

Advertisement
this. When poor play on the field and lackadasidal approach off the field in the film room and in practice doesn’t get you benched...
It ticks me off more than you’ll ever know. The fact that a D1 power 5 school staff shows no accountability is absolutely embarrassing.

Advertisement
So hard to improve your hand eye coordination at that age. You can make some progress but you mostly either have it or not by then. WR coaches don’t get enough time with receivers in college to really work on hands, that has to be mostly in the players’ free time. At a certain point you have to blame the coaches for continuing to put them out there though, no one on this board can convince me that Pope or Wiggins are better than what Few could do if he got equal reps all season

This. All of this. Everyone is calling for more Smith, redding, and payton, but i also agree that few would have performed better than these two jokers. Basically any of our other wrs would be better.

So hard to improve your hand eye coordination at that age. You can make some progress but you mostly either have it or not by then. WR coaches don’t get enough time with receivers in college to really work on hands, that has to be mostly in the players’ free time. At a certain point you have to blame the coaches for continuing to put them out there though, no one on this board can convince me that Pope or Wiggins are better than what Few could do if he got equal reps all season
I’m fairly confident Miami wins the game if Few got Pope’s snaps tonight. Or if Miami started the three freshman.

It Blows my mind that this is the best Miami can roll out there at the wide receiver position.

Honest question: Can Few get separation?

(Or are you sticking up for a fellow walkon?)

Advertisement
Wiggins and Pope should have been benched after their first drop.

Bomb to wiggins- 40 plus yard pass drop
screen to wiggins easy TD- drop
Bomb to Pope- drop

add in the post to Harley that he dropped...

Kosi did his part. WR play was East Tennessee State Community College level

No accountability breeds bad habits and a lack of dedication and work ethic.

Receivers need to be alphas and want to catch every ball, and fight for them in that regard.

Neither Pope nor Wiggins have that in them, and they have no reason to improve because they just keep getting more chances.

Advertisement
Again..a WR coach can not help you catch a football...these boys might need to see a eye Doctor frfr and get contacts or goggles. These are late hands on these balls for pope and Wiggins.

It’s on the receivers. 3 figured it out and improved by midseason. The solution was more work. 6 and 8 didn’t get it.

You are kidding me right? Of course you can improve your hand eye coordination at any age. Old bald surgeons use video gaming to improve in their 60s.
Next to speed it’s the hardest thing to improve at that age. Didn’t say you can’t get better at it but the majority of that development is in childhood

Advertisement
Seen more than enough Wiggins for my liking. Hit the bricks! He's completely domed out there. Pope at least still makes the occasional big play. Wiggins is useless

Honest question: Can Few get separation?

(Or are you sticking up for a fellow walkon?)
I’ve yet to see him mess up on a rep he’s gotten. He’s quick, dominated top competition in HS and from what I’ve heard has consistently torn up the first team D in practice since he’s been here. In college 1 yard is considered wide open, he’s quick and can catch, 4.3 speed is irrelevant if you can’t catch a pass

Pope and Wiggins suck, thank god Harley stepped up this year. We could've, should've won this game. Our receivers killed us and a couple of horrible calls from the refs. That interception that was overturned because of pass interference on Couch was a horrible call.

Advertisement
Back