WR Dont'e Thornton (Oregon transfer) is visiting this weekend LOL commits to Vols

Were they wrong on the coaches? No one was complaining about the actual names that got hired out of the non-Oregon pool. I'm not even a Mario guy but when guys like Steele, Gattis, Strong, Addae were hired the board applauded. Even getting "Ponce just as the QB coach" had people feeling all warm in their special place. All that we got money stuff.

The players are a crapshoot. People were upset that that Brown brothers looked like they were going elsewhere. That turned around and then people got upset that FSU didn't just hold that L because they got a UVA transfer. Mario better not let Justin Rogers go someplace else was a thing earlier in the week. Now he's scheduled to visit. They'll get good players. Whether they're good enough to overcome Mario's shortcomings as far as coaching hires is another thing. He'll either change the way he views offense(something his Alabama mentor did) or he'll simply try to recruit so well that talent overtakes scheme. That takes longer and makes it more difficult to recruit the players that would make your talent overwhelming.
If you saw the names that were rumored both coaches and players then you would probably understand more what I meant

At the time I don’t think it was “wrong” though there was a lot of backlash against Gattis yes

I also give Mario a bit of a pass because he got here and had to do a lot in a short time. He pulled a bit of a miracle salvaging our recruiting class and this year he’s had to focus there as well

He’s done some amazing things for sure

I’m patient and willing to see it play out

Advertisement
The way the message board should work is. People present concerns they hope become addressed by the staff. Those concerns are then either shared or debated based off merit. Instead we have a bunch of Mario goonies saying just believe and don't question anything. It's hilarious after what we witnessed in 2022.
**** yes

Also airing a concern and just blindly *****ing about a coach are two different things

Some people here have no concept to nuance

Truth. Trying not to hold the past against Mario but last year at this time we were told all kinds of things about all these coaches interested and we saw how it played out

insiders were telling me about these stud receivers we were gonna get. Won’t name names on the insiders or the players but needless to say none of it happened

I’m seeing the same trend this year and I don’t like it
i dont blame the insiders tbh. they cant make up for a ****** offense

every class is hype. well see how the development goes w these kids.
Well, typically classes rated this high pay out a certain considerable level of dividends but yes, we must develop them and hope catastrophic injuries are avoided so they reach their very high ceilings.

Advertisement
1673058259704.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back