WR Coach Kevin Beard

Advertisement
I haven't seen anything this unified in a long time on this site, so that tells me that this is going to work out great for everyone. Dude is gonna land studs and the WRs are gonna ball the **** out.
Excited Lets Go GIF

The good thing for Beard is he's probably going to walk into landing JoJo Trader and can take a swing at Jeremiah Smith. No harm, no foul if you can't pull that off.

Then he can probably pull Chance Robinson and McCoy or something similar. He's gonna pull excellent talent in this first class by default.. if not he totally dropped the ball.

The real test is landing a portal WR that can help us and then getting something out of the group we already have - taking one or more of George, Young Restrepo, and Horton to the next level.
James Madison at STA likely would be in play as well.

Also he will coach Jacolby George from his alma mater of Plantation and maybe able to bring out more because that kid has some untapped talent.

I'll say we need 4 wrs in the class...2 Locals that we can land and an outside of s.fla stud and a portal guy maybe.

Advertisement
Man, the negative reaction is really surprising to me. Beard wasn’t bad at all during his first stint here…in fact, the WR room played very well and most players saw a huge improvement under his watch. And that was when it was his first coaching job. Fast forward 8 years later, safe to say he’s improved even more as a coach. Even former players have said that they still use techniques beard taught them. And we’ve seen the positive reaction from some of the top 2024 WRs on Twitter. Not saying we grabbed the best WR coach in the country, but I see it as a very good hire.

Advertisement
James Madison at STA likely would be in play as well.

Also he will coach Jacolby George from his alma mater of Plantation and maybe able to bring out more because that kid has some untapped talent.

I'll say we need 4 wrs in the class...2 Locals that we can land and an outside of s.fla stud and a portal guy maybe.

definitely have a better offense to sell a prospective WR. That, along with NIL, should start landing us some good ones.

I know he’s a Cane but he was also known as Kevin DisaBeard a lot when he played here. I honestly see this as a trend with Mario which is not like the old school hire a Cane thing. I see this as hire a south Florida local thing for recruiting. And let’s be real, that’s what we really want with our position coaches. Great that they can coach but we want the skill set coaches on the trail locking down local guys.
Yea Mario has to sign off on the recruiting. Every coach that interviews says they will recruit hard but apparently some lied on the last hirings. Mario and DVD doing mad heavy lifting while people sat on their asz. U have to recruit and if kids respect the hire that's usually a good thing. Mario wants guys that recruit and I'm sure he did his best to get that this time. Makes it easier for him to close the deal as well so while he's building a relationship the position coach is as well.

Worst take ever.. "He wasn't that great of a player, So he probably can't coach either". Welcome to CIS.
Agree That is a bad take foreal lol. Like a great player is going to give a kid his DNA and he will somehow be great. With great players who made tons of money comes pride and ego. So telling them to beg and follow 15-18 year olds around to get them to sign is highly unlikely. Kids can respect their game and history but they will probably get the respect my decision tweet on social media.

Yes, he KNEW offenses, as in past tense, he failed to adapt to the changing game and it showed with his O here and him hiring his son, which put plain and simple, was a ******* hack.

We were 10-0 with Malik Rosier at QB. Malik. Rosier.

Richt's problem wasn't offensive acumen, it was nepotism and early-onset Alzheimer's Parkinson's.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wasnt to high on Beard but if the kids like it that's what matters not if I like it. But he can change that if he brings talent. That's all u have to do is bring in the best then it becomes a great hire. I didn't know the recruits would like it so that already caught me off guard. So it seems I may have been way off thinking he can't get the talent. But at the end of the day Mario is the closer but he needs help as well. Smart move it seems like

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back