WR Coach Candidates

Explain why you think that? Because I said Hankerson had cold feet about taking the WR job .

Do you even understand what the phrase "cold feet" means?

Read the definition, clown. Hank didn't get "cold feet", he got a strong counteroffer from his current employer.

1677682172159.png

Advertisement
When the most vocal defender of the hire is resorting to a stance of ‘WR coaches don’t really matter’ after we waited four months hoping to land a proven killer on the trail following a recruiting cycle where we failed to land any non-slot WRs AND a portal window where every WR transfer told us to **** off, you know the hire is mid.

I liked KB as a player here and I wish him the best. But we just hired an Al Golden staff retread after a four-month wait when WR talent acquisition has been a code red dumpster fire because the most significant aspect of his resume is that he used to play here. Hope it works out, but…

To be fair people wanted Coley as well who is a Golden retread.

Advertisement
I’m not necessarily a beard guy but I don’t hate him either. I look at the big picture. He was named a top 5 recruiter in his conference and produced multiple all conference players. Isn’t that the type production we want?
You obviously don’t hate him. The last couple weeks it‘s apparent you’re quite fond, which is cool. I love Beard as a player and he’s a former cane but I’m looking at this as purely a hire.

I’ve seen this movie before and I wasn’t a huge fan the last go round. So I’m definitely not this time either. Not an awful hire but far from a great one.

Last edited:
Everyone was excited with the hires last year and it turn out to be dog ****.

Everyone was disappointed with Banda, Likens, etc and they all turned out great.

I'm going to wait and see the results on the field. The bar is on the floor so there WILL be progress.
Maybe losing the offseason will result in winning during the season. 🤷

Advertisement
You obviously don’t hate him. The last couple weeks it‘s apparent you’re quite fond. I love Beard as a player and he’s a former cane but I’m looking at this as purely a hire.

I’ve seen this movie before and I wasn’t a huge fan the last go round. So I’m definitely not this time either. Not an awful hire but far from a great one.
Name a "great" hire Mario has made. **** he wasn't even a great hire.

Everyone was excited with the hires last year and it turn out to be dog ****.

Everyone was disappointed with Banda, Likens, etc and they all turned out great.

I'm going to wait and see the results on the field. The bar is on the floor so there WILL be progress.
You're running a bit fast and loose with the label of "great" there, compadre. 😆

Advertisement
You obviously don’t hate him. The last couple weeks it‘s apparent you’re quite fond. I love Beard as a player and he’s a former cane but I’m looking at this as purely a hire.

If you are talking about his last time as a Cane when he and all of Goldens staff got canned that’s short sighted. Especially considering he was the last WR coach with three 600 yard receivers. And we’re not going to ignore the fact he produced the best receiver on one of the best NFL franchises at identifying WRs in Pittsburgh. And also multiple conference all Americans including last year.

Not to mention the recruit reaction is probably the strongest I’ve seen for any hire since Mario got here with the exception of maybe Jadon Taylor.

Just because it’s boring doesn’t mean it’s disappointing. That the mindset that comes from comparison, aka the thief of joy.

If we are looking at this “purely as a hire”, this is a very strong hire my dog, we not gonna front on that.

I love Guidry and Harris. Dawson is a solid hire. Beard meh, Indifferent.
Both are far from "great". I would call them meh as well, and they are charged with coordinating. I have much more trust in Beard coaching up wr's than those guys coordinating in the ACC, but I think they will do just fine, as will Beard who has proven he can coach up wr's on this level.

You obviously don’t hate him. The last couple weeks it‘s apparent you’re quite fond, which is cool. I love Beard as a player and he’s a former cane but I’m looking at this as purely a hire.

Like I said I’m not fond or I’m not jumping for joy about the hire. But I’m not going to be sad and complain about it either. He seems to be a solid coach and the recruits like him which is what matters most. If the wrs produce and he lands some of these kids I don’t see the problem

Advertisement
If you are talking about his last time as a Cane when he and all of Goldens staff got canned that’s short sighted. Especially considering he was the last WR coach with three 600 yard receivers. And we’re not going to ignore the fact he produced the best receiver on one of the best NFL franchises at identifying WRs in Pittsburgh. And also multiple conference all Americans including last year.

Not to mention the recruit reaction is probably the strongest I’ve seen for any hire since Mario got here with the exception of maybe Jadon Taylor.

Just because it’s boring doesn’t mean it’s disappointing. That the mindset that comes from comparison, aka the thief of joy.

If we are looking at this “purely as a hire”, this is a very strong hire my dog, we not gonna front on that.
I’m basing this off Miami and his other stops. If he wasn’t a former Cane you and others would suddenly have altering opinions. That‘s just facts. Period.

It would be fine without the Big Move part. That's disingenuous. Instead, Maybe a "Boy Howdy" or "How about Dat".. etc
Here. No shade. No lies. Same message.
C42611E5-AA21-4825-A640-B9CADB648B65.jpeg

D$ I’ll run your twitter account for free if you can get these videos of you to stop spamming me.

I’m basing this off Miami and his other stops. If he wasn’t a former Cane you and others would suddenly have altering opinions. That‘s just facts. Period.
So production doesn’t matter any more? It’s strictly about the flashy or popular names?

But that's just it. They probably wouldn't have. That's probably why they got the jobs that they had previously, and probably why they will get their next jobs, as well.... because other schools are trying to get deeper into So. Fla.... even though UCF is basically next door :ROFLMAO:. We almost HAVE TO HAVE people on staff with local connections, because we're not looked at like the other schools, when it comes to recruiting So. Fla. We got some high school coaches down here, **** near force feeding kids to other schools, if they feel slighted by UM in any way. Local connections, NIL, and trying to be the class to turn things around is all we have to sell right now. Ween won **** since the early 2000s and we coming off probably one of the most dysfunctional season in UM history.
Agreed, without question Every school in the country is trying to get deeper into South Florida. Now ponder this…the guy with all of these allege ties to South Florida, that kids love, with the prestigious accolade of being top 5 recruiter in his conference who already had P5 experience was about to go into his 6th year at Toledo making less than 6 figures before we hired him at the last minute.

I’m happy for him. He’s going to drastically improve his family’s life and he’s a Cane so I will always root for him but this was a meh hire.

Advertisement
Back