WR Coach Candidates

I want to know if he can get our current guys (most of whom were highly rated recruits) to produce in this offense and not drop the **** ball. If he can do that and this offense shows out, recruiting becomes a bit easier, especially with a guy like Mario at the helm.

Advertisement
If you are talking about his last time as a Cane when he and all of Goldens staff got canned that’s short sighted. Especially considering he was the last WR coach with three 600 yard receivers. And we’re not going to ignore the fact he produced the best receiver on one of the best NFL franchises at identifying WRs in Pittsburgh. And also multiple conference all Americans including last year.

Not to mention the recruit reaction is probably the strongest I’ve seen for any hire since Mario got here with the exception of maybe Jadon Taylor.

Just because it’s boring doesn’t mean it’s disappointing. That the mindset that comes from comparison, aka the thief of joy.

If we are looking at this “purely as a hire”, this is a very strong hire my dog, we not gonna front on that.
Recruits reaction means squat!!!!

Kids does this all the time and go elsewhere

So production doesn’t matter any more? It’s strictly about the flashy or popular names?
Biggest recruiter for us when it comes to WRs this year will be on the field. If we struggle to pass the ball again it doesn't matter if we have Julio Jones recruiting WRs they will still struggle. If we want to land the top WRs we need to show they can come here and be productive.

Advertisement
If you are talking about his last time as a Cane when he and all of Goldens staff got canned that’s short sighted. Especially considering he was the last WR coach with three 600 yard receivers. And we’re not going to ignore the fact he produced the best receiver on one of the best NFL franchises at identifying WRs in Pittsburgh. And also multiple conference all Americans including last year.

Not to mention the recruit reaction is probably the strongest I’ve seen for any hire since Mario got here with the exception of maybe Jadon Taylor.

Just because it’s boring doesn’t mean it’s disappointing. That the mindset that comes from comparison, aka the thief of joy.

If we are looking at this “purely as a hire”, this is a very strong hire my dog, we not gonna front on that.

We’re not going to ignore that? Even though it didn’t happen?

Diontae Johnson played at Toledo from 2015-2018. Kevin Beard took over as Toledo’s WR coach in 2019. Johnson put up a stat line of 77 receptions for 1278 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2017 before Beard ever showed up at Toledo as their recruiting coordinator in 2018.

Crediting Beard with the development of a receiver he was never the position coach of. Classic CIS.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Be fascinating to see what the perception of Beard would have been if he had the same exact resume, we just removed the one year he spent at Miami under Golden
In hindsight, Golden probably could have been here a much longer time if he had just been willing to fire No D. I get that you don't want to fire your friend, but your lack of doing so cost you the job...and said friend still got canned.

That's funny, like Guidry and Dawson were at the top of anybody's list. You never even heard of Guidry before, now he's a solid hire, and beard isn't?? Tooooo funny.
This post makes no sense and has nothing to do with my arguments. Spend more time trolling numb nuts rather than trying to have a conversation / debate. I knew exactly who Guidry was. I actually watch more than UM games.

Advertisement
Yes for real. As others have mentioned on this thread, maybe Miami isn't as attractive of a job as some of posters think and Mario had a lot of no thank you from WRC. How far down the list do you think Beard was?? I'm still hoping this is another smoke screen for an out of left field hire. Guess we will see today.
lol we almost stole an NFL Wr coach what are you talking about?

49ers were so shook they had to give him a significant raise and promise to make him a priority in coaching development.

Don’t care about recruiting at a position we’ve struck out on for decades, fine.

But no air raid familiarity or continuity with the OC either?

Besides the fact he was a cane idk how anyone can be that pumped about grabbing a long time stagnant Toledo WR coach.
He was with Candle, whose system is similar to Dawson's scheme (other than the screen game). He'll be fine coaching the system. He's a smart guy. Still a "mid" hire, tho. Wishing for the best.

Advertisement
This post makes no sense and has nothing to do with my arguments. Spend more time trolling numb nuts rather than trying to have a conversation / debate. I knew exactly who Guidry was. I actually watch more than UM games.
Lies! If you're more excited about Guidry coordinating our defense than Beard just coaching wr's then you're the numb nuts (what a corny as name) lol

I'm not thrilled with the hire but you guys are overreacting..yall always want the TROBs, the Seiders, and the big names and none of that has worked here.... its more important to to have an identity as a program, win 10+ games every year and get kids drafted in the 1st 2 rounds that should be the priority....getting a big time name won't mean **** if we dont do these things...yall care more about winning the offseason than what really matters....I'll wait till September till November before I start crying
To be fair before TRob we were told we couldn’t sign any good CBs because of the scheme. He comes in under same scheme and signs the best class we had in years while his HC was getting fired. He may have had much more success under a better scheme and HC

In hindsight, Golden probably could have been here a much longer time if he had just been willing to fire No D. I get that you don't want to fire your friend, but your lack of doing so cost you the job...and said friend still got canned.
That was his defense Denofrio was running , if he fires his butt buddy he admits his way of doing things was wrong. Something the fans and people around this program had been saying his first four years. There’s a reason the bum hasn’t been touched for close to a decade as a HC. He literally just got a coordinator gig for the first time since he left. I’m not sure where this narrative about Golden still being here if he’d fired MD but it’s ludicrous.

Lies! If you're more excited about Guidry coordinating our defense than Beard just coaching wr's then you're the numb nuts (what a corny as name) lol
Once again you’re making no senses and the comparison is idiotic. Run along skippy. Concentrate on trolling versus actual taking ball.

Advertisement
Back