WR Coach Candidates

Only miami fans would cry and and make a big deal about a wr coach lmao
Have you ever read other boards? Bama wants every coach fired, including Saban stepping down.

How do you defend this hire? Gattis has supposedly been gone since November. So 100 days Mario has been looking, at we circled back to KB. No slight to him intended.. but this was clearly a miss.

Advertisement
When the most vocal defender of the hire is resorting to a stance of ‘WR coaches don’t really matter’ after we waited four months hoping to land a proven killer on the trail following a recruiting cycle where we failed to land any non-slot WRs AND a portal window where every WR transfer told us to **** off, you know the hire is mid.

I liked KB as a player here and I wish him the best. But we just hired an Al Golden staff retread after a four-month wait when WR talent acquisition has been a code red dumpster fire because the most significant aspect of his resume is that he used to play here. Hope it works out, but…

Last edited:
Another top wr target

"Kevin Beard is the real deal,” Robinson, the No. 6 wide receiver in the country, told InsideTheU on Wednesday morning. “That’s huge and he’s been around [St. Thomas Aquinas] as far as knowing people and have recruited guys from my school. My first time talking to him, it was totally different from any other coach I’ve ever spoke with so that big.”

It shows that you don’t need big name guys at wr coach to be successful. Most people can’t name the wr coaches for some of the top passing attacks in cfb. It’s more so about scheme, play calling, and qb. You have those 3 and your passing attack will flourish
We need as many quality coaches as we can get. Our head coach is not a schematic / X O guy so poo pooing this as “ only a wrc “ is completely missing the point or the importance of every hire. Just because you obviously like the guy.

Advertisement
Was it the wr coach or the qb?
The WR coach (who was also the passing game coordinator and the de facto play caller in high leverage/Red Zone situations) was the biggest hand in arguably the greatest college offense ever seen. Was also a big reason why the Joe Burrow we played the year before (who looked pedestrian even against us) turned into the record setting player he was the following year.

That’s the only reason y’all want him let’s be real. Beard resume is better than hank excluding the nfl
I’m not against hiring beard per se but personally I was intrigued by Hanks reputation as a developer considering how well he’s thought of by other nfl coaches & players. And being a Broward guy who went to STA can’t hurt either.

When the most vocal defender of the hire is resorting to a stance of ‘WR coaches don’t really matter’ after we waited four months hoping to land a proven killer on the trail following a recruiting cycle where we failed to land any non-slot WRs AND a portal window where every WR transfer told us to **** off, you know the hire is mid.

I liked KB as a player here and I wish him the best. But we just hired an Al Golden staff retread after a four-month wait when WR talent acquisition has been a code red dumpster fire because the most significant aspect of his resume is that he used to play here. Hope it works out, but…

Bingo. That’s an awful argument tbh. Find me one coach doing a search or hire and said “ it’s only a wr coach“ ?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
We tried that route with Hankerson and he didn't want the job

Please stop with this stubborn-******* routine, just to try to justify all your other incorrect posts.

He wanted the job. He liked the job he already had too, and was offered more money to stay.

And, NO, not everything is about "matching money". These jobs aren't a mother****ing auction where you just bid $1 more than the other party.

We need as many quality coaches as we can get. Our head coach is not a schematic / X O guy so poo pooing this as “ only a wrc “ is completely missing the point or the importance of every hire. Just because you obviously like the guy.
I’m not necessarily a beard guy but I don’t hate him either. I look at the big picture. He was named a top 5 recruiter in his conference and produced multiple all conference players. Isn’t that the type production we want?

Advertisement
I like the hire. Beard can coach, and we need more people on this staff that can fkn coach. Recruiting is fine, but all that great recruiting got us 5 wins last year. That's why Mario went the get guys in here that can coach route over the names like he did last year. That failed miserably. The OC, his scheme, line and qb determine if the offense is going to be successful.
Beard is a **** good technical wr coach. Let's Go!!!

I’m not against hiring beard per se but personally I was intrigued by Hanks reputation as a developer considering how well he’s thought of by other nfl coaches & players. And being a Broward guy who went to STA can’t hurt either.
Tbh, I was surprised Hank even interviewed aside from just doing a courtesy to his alma mater. Can't imagine it did anything to raise his value in the NFL or even get any addl $ from the Niners.

Advertisement
Back