WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
Because he was fired without cause before Dec. 31, 2024, Karl Dorrell is owed a buyout.

Per his contract, if fired on or before Dec. 31, 2022, he’s owed $11.4 million minus compensation “earned in base salary, supplemental salary, and incentive salary prior to the effective date of termination.”

• Dec. 31, 2022: $11.4 million
  • Dec. 31, 2023: $7.8 million
  • Dec. 31, 2024: $4 million
If Dorrell obtains similar employment elsewhere – e.g., assistant coach, head coach, TV analyst – after he’s fired, but before Dec. 31, 2024, his buyout amount can be reduced based on his new income

I don’t see Dorrell working in football until that buyout money is paid out.
analyst.

Advertisement

read the bold section at the end. ”Similar Employment“ more than likely includes Analyst position.

Schools have started including coaching analysts positions in offset buyout terms. They don’t want to subsidize Alabama or Georgia’s coaching staffs anymore.

No other moves have been made as far as departures are concerned. We're about 10 days away from camp...there's no shot guys leave this late right?

So basically our staff is what it is minus the roles that are still open?

OC / QB - Dawson
OL - Mirabal
TE - Field
RB - Open
WR - Open

DC / S? - Guidry
DL - Salave'a
Edge - Wright
ILB - Nicholson
CB - Addae

What happens if we have an OLB? Does he just have to guess what he's supposed to do?

Advertisement
I out loud ugly laughed at this
A live look in on the 1st Miami LB meeting…
1677002196438.gif

Got to imagine the RB coach and WR coach will both be hired this week, spring starts next week so we need to give the new coach at least a week to get adjusted.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe it's announced then but I would imagine Mario will want to get this done this week so he and his staff can focus on spring football next week instead of doing interviews.
Yeah ... but that makes sense and I'm not sure that fits with Mario's timeline on hires. You would think that RB selection is made since Lockette wasn't offered the job, told they were going in another direction. WR is still a total mystery.

Advertisement
Back