WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
I have stricken the 2022 season from my memory but I feel like our STs were pretty good this year. Am I crazy? Return units and coverage units, obviously Hedley was a warlock.

I don’t even know who was coaching them last year

Pretty sure it was Marwan Maalouf in an off field role. We didn't have a designated ST coach last year and we probably won't have one this year either.

No other moves have been made as far as departures are concerned. We're about 10 days away from camp...there's no shot guys leave this late right?

So basically our staff is what it is minus the roles that are still open?

OC / QB - Dawson
OL - Mirabal
TE - Field
RB - Open
WR - Open

DC / S? - Guidry
DL - Salave'a
Edge - Wright
ILB - Nicholson
CB - Addae

Fox Tv GIF by Paradise Hotel

To be on field he have to coach a position. If he’s solely ST coach he would be off field.
Not exactly. The NCAA only restricts the number of coaches that can be on field coaches and recruit off campus. They're not limited to position coaches. Given the restrictions none that I know of dedicate a coach to just special team duties. It's also why most coordinators have position responsibilities.

Advertisement
No other moves have been made as far as departures are concerned. We're about 10 days away from camp...there's no shot guys leave this late right?

OC / QB - Dawson
OL - Mirabal
TE - Field
RB - Open
WR - Open

DC / S? - Guidry
DL - Salave'a
Edge - Wright
ILB - Nicholson
CB - Addae
Yea seems to be everyone locked in now

Advertisement
Not exactly. The NCAA only restricts the number of coaches that can be on field coaches and recruit off campus. They're not limited to position coaches. Given the restrictions none that I know of dedicate a coach to just special team duties. It's also why most coordinators have position responsibilities.
I know wasn’t referring to NCAA rules but more so our situation. If your HC is also OC/QB coach or DC/position coach then you may be able to slip in a coach dedicated solely to ST on field but on field roles are too valuable to have that in our staff makeup.

Advertisement
Really thought Addae and Salave’a were toast. Guess not.
Big Joe is not going anywhere, unless he wants to go. At least in my opinion. He’s one of Mario’s guys. Mario is not gonna ask the man to follow him from Oregon, only to let him go after one year. Now the ones that weren’t at Oregon with him…. it is what it is. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement

OC / QB - Dawson
OL - Mirabal
TE - Field
RB - Open
WR - Open

DC / S? - Guidry
DL - Salave'a
Edge - Wright
ILB - Nicholson
CB - Addae
I suspect there will be another coach leaving.

I know wasn’t referring to NCAA rules but more so our situation. If your HC is also OC/QB coach or DC/position coach then you may be able to slip in a coach dedicated solely to ST on field but on field roles are too valuable to have that in our staff makeup.
We've had that with Lashlee and Nix being OC/QB to save one the coach count. But a dedicated special team's coach would count as 1 of the 10 which is a luxury that most can't afford. Most would rather have an additional position coach.

Advertisement
Back