WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
So, the new OC brought none of his guys lmao? What are we doing here again Mario lmao. I hope its not SSDD broham. Am i jumping the gun or is OC bring in his own WR coach to assist with this offense?

I out loud ugly laughed at this
1677022449745.gif

Advertisement
Lashlee didn't bring anyone with him besides an analyst or two. From the looks of it, Houston's receivers coach doubles as their TE's coach, so wouldn't have made much sense for him to come with Dawson.

Advertisement
So, the new OC brought none of his guys lmao? What are we doing here again Mario lmao. I hope its not SSDD broham. Am i jumping the gun or is OC bring in his own WR coach to assist with this offense?
That rarely ever happens, idk why some of you guys think it's the norm. Mainly the HC picks the guys and the Coordinators give some input but it's not their call

Advertisement
If you’re running an offense that requires an entire team to teach it, you shouldn’t be the OC.

If Mario is bringing assistant coaches that can’t learn what their unit is suppose to be doing an 8 play offense, we have much bigger problems.

The assistants should be recruiters, not TAs.

Advertisement

Amigo, "his guys" are from his Group of 5 tree. Maybe he is excited to raise the bar on who he can draw to work with him through the power of our P5 brand and Mario and others contacts? It's a bigger and better pool.

Also as I mentioned in another thread yesterday, Harris (RBC) is coming from Malhzan's offense, not exactly the Iowa offense. Fit makes sense.

That rarely ever happens, idk why some of you guys think it's the norm. Mainly the HC picks the guys and the Coordinators give some input but it's not their call
I would not say "rarely" without any proof. I might have some NFL bias going on as well lol, with coaching hiring and turnover. But, it only makes sense for a new OC to bring at least one of his guys on, for continuity of the offensive install. Especially when we are talking about a new passing attack and a wr's coach pos. Lord knows we cannot fail again at wr recruiting and output this year. Last thing we need is Coach Joe Salavea teaching the new wr route tree lmaoooo.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back