WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
Bama hired University of Charlottes TE coach to coach their TEs. Maybe shut the **** up or do research before you run the **** massager you call a mouth.

Cbs Reaction GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Not a groupie but do feel he would be an asset for us should he be hired. What happened?
I said earlier in the thread that if I had to pick one for TE coach out of Field and Coley I would take Field 10/10 times. Not that we can’t and shouldn’t upgrade all coach positions if possible. I just don’t personally think Coley is an upgrade over Field.

To your point though I do absolutely think Coley can be an asset. I was just poking fun at the people being overly dramatic about the Field news.

I’m just not sure Coley is interested in being a role player on our staff. We are all kinds blindly following Cribbys crumbs here 😂

Are you suggesting that whatever minimal coaching he got at the Senior Bowl transformed him into a diff player? I don't know how the Senior Bowl works, but I can't imagine whatever coaching was happening there somehow magically unlocked his talent. As another poster stated, it makes more logical sense that the scheme and play calling was hindering him here and once he played in better set-up he was able to show off his talent more.
Our scheme last year favored TEs

Advertisement
Or they can just ban him and make it easy for all of us. Board was a way better place without him cosplaying as a *** dude and now trolling every thread with Mario hot takes. We’ve seen dudes banned for FAR less.

definition:

Internet troll: an instigator who acts as an insufferable jerk online in order to get attention from strangers.

Our scheme last year favored TEs
The advertised scheme, sure.

The actual scheme was one where the OC puts in an injured backup QB in the game on 3rd and long from his own end zone, then proceeded to argue with the guy next to him and send “you up?” texts to recruits’ moms

The James Coley groupies dealt a serious blow today
He got demoted at UGA because he was an awful play caller & then Kirby chose Cortez Hankton over him.
Then he got demoted at TAMU & Jumbo chose Garrick McGee over him.

For the alleged greatest recruiter in South FL history & a supposed TE coaching extraordinaire, his career trajectory has pretty much the been same everywhere he’s been; recruits well, his position group sucks *** & then the HC looks to find someone that can actually do the job to a satisfactory level while moving this guy around because he doesn’t really bring anything to the table except as a salesman.

He’s a glorified Recruiting Director masquerading as a position coach.

Advertisement
I said earlier in the thread that if I had to pick one for TE coach out of Field and Coley I would take Field 10/10 times. Not that we can’t and shouldn’t upgrade all coach positions if possible. I just don’t personally think Coley is an upgrade over Field.

To your point though I do absolutely think Coley can be an asset. I was just poking fun at the people being overly dramatic about the Field news.

I’m just not sure Coley is interested in being a role player on our staff. We are all kinds blindly following Cribbys crumbs here 😂

Gotcha. I wouldn't have been keen seeing Fields being moved off-field or gone altogether either. I'm still holding out hope that Coley could be the new WRC/Asst. something title. At this point in his career, he needs a fresh start if wants to jump start it again. Hanging out w/ Jimbo till the bitter end isn't going to do that for him. He'd also get to see firsthand a different kind of playbook to learn from.

He got demoted at UGA because he was an awful play caller & then Kirby chose Cortez Hankton over him.

For the alleged greatest recruiter in South FL history & a supposed TE coaching extraordinaire, his career trajectory has pretty much the been same everywhere he’s been; recruits well, his position group sucks *** & then the HC looks to find someone that can actually do the job to a satisfactory level while moving this guy around because he doesn’t really bring anything to the table except as a salesman.

He landed Joe Yearby bro

Advertisement
Advertisement

Could you see a place on Cristobals staff for a coach who is a good salesman but has no technical knowledge, and having a GA work with the players for technique or would that be a bad idea? For example, could Coley or Field be a RB coach for recruiting, but then use a GA for teaching RBs the finer points of the job ?

Since Coley has both TE and WR coach experience seems like it would make sense for him to be the TE/inside WR coach and Field could potentially be the RB coach (with the GA for the RB technique part) .

Could you see a place on Cristobals staff for a coach who is a good salesman but has no technical knowledge, and having a GA work with the players for technique or would that be a bad idea? For example, could Coley or Field be a RB coach for recruiting, but then use a GA for teaching RBs the finer points of the job ?

Since Coley has both TE and WR coach experience seems like it would make sense for him to be the TE/inside WR coach and Field could potentially be the RB coach (with the GA for the RB technique part) .
It’s easier to just kill 2 birds with one stone by hiring a Coach who can do both.

There’s no need for the desperation of trying to hire a Coach that doesn’t really bring much more to the table than what we already have, who both isn’t that technically savvy at his position & will be coming into system that he’s never coached before.

I know this is a shock to the board, but there are other coaches who are just as good at recruiting AND can actually coach their position to effectiveness.

I know this is a shock to the board, but there are other coaches who are just as good at recruiting AND can actually coach their position to effectiveness.
I think that’s the part where the divide comes from

If you’ve followed recruiting long enough down in Miami you see names come and go. They get tagged with the moniker of “recruiting ace” but it’s just not like that.

Absolutely there are guys that are better actual recruiters than others but that’s not some skill that is only available to a select few. When Brian Hartline leaves OSU we are gonna have to deal with another Brian Hartline right after him. Before Hartline, Chris Carter was our boogeyman.

Fixing the foundation is what matters and then you just plug and play. I mean should we hire Tim Brewster for TE coach while we are at it?

Last edited:
It’s easier to just kill 2 birds with one stone by hiring a Coach who can do both.

There’s no need for the desperation of trying to hire a Coach that doesn’t really bring much more to the table than what we already have, who both isn’t that technically savvy at his position & will be coming into system that he’s never coached before.

There’s other coaches out there who can recruit not named Coley???

Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

Advertisement
Back