WR Coach Candidates

That’s such a silly thing to say since they have TRob and Steele.

T-Rob is an excellent coach.

I admittedly don’t love Steele, but it appears he’s basically a placeholder there until the smoke settles from the Jeremy Pruitt/NCAA debacle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Imagine complaining about Field today. Literally the least of my worries on the staff. Guys an elite recruiter, TEs have been pretty good on the field given the offenses, and kids seem to like him. Complain about something else today.
I was legit thinking the same exact thing. Every year Field names gets brought up to be replaced and it doesn’t make any sense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great recruiter but man our TEs never seem to get better under him, Will Mallory looked like a completely different player at the senior bowl
Are you suggesting that whatever minimal coaching he got at the Senior Bowl transformed him into a diff player? I don't know how the Senior Bowl works, but I can't imagine whatever coaching was happening there somehow magically unlocked his talent. As another poster stated, it makes more logical sense that the scheme and play calling was hindering him here and once he played in better set-up he was able to show off his talent more.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Love me some Cooter

8F8FDD77-D0F2-494F-929F-C8A6AA0622AC.gif

Are you suggesting that whatever minimal coaching he got at the Senior Bowl transformed him into a diff player? I don't know how the Senior Bowl works, but I can't imagine whatever coaching was happening there somehow magically unlocked his talent. As another poste stated, it makes more logical sense that the scheme and play calling was hindering him here and once he played in better set-up he was able to show off his talent more.
This senior bowl stuff people are bringing up is hilarious.

I don’t even know why I’m bothering getting into a discussion with someone that said Mallory hasn’t improved since he’s been here, but the kid couldn’t catch when he got here. Like at all. Last year he had a few drops here and there but he became our most dependable target by a mile.

But people have this narrative about Mallory built up in their minds and you can’t knock them off of it so whatever

Advertisement
Back