WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
There was a time when the former NFL player, UM national champion and HC at a local powerhouse was supposed to do something on the trail for us. That was until we found out Rumph aint got no patience for the bull**** involved in recruiting.

Hankerson's bonafides are one thing. What he's like as a personality is a whole other thing. Would he rather be spending time teaching guys the route tree or bull****ting with that Ohio State sycophant who runs that elite 7 on 7 program? We need the second personality far more than we need the first.

All valid points, a personality to deal with kids is still a plus at the end of the day. But I think for US, with Mario at the helm, a top 25-30 O and a fun, productive offense for WR’s >>>>> everything else.

Advertisement
Coley would rival Mario for the top recruiter, I would definitely take him even if his coaching isn't top notch. Doesn't matter if you have the best WR coach in the world, if the room is bare. We need an infusion of talent.

Not saying this would be good at all but Reggie Wayne would be interesting since he's probably getting let go by the new Colts staff. He was their WR coach this year.
How many three stars has Brian Hartline put in the league?

NFL experience isn’t going to do anything.

You can either talk in insane game or you can’t. And if you can’t, Hartline is going to destroy you on the trail.

I'm not sure you've met Hartline before. He doesn't talk an insane game. He actually is not great socially... what he does do a great job of is talking about player development and bringing up over and over and over the WRs who have come through OSU and the fact "you'll be the next one" Zack Smith was a better recruiter as far as talking than Hartline

Advertisement
Advertisement
I feel like Hankerson would be an extremely difficult pull. He’d be a tremendous get but I wouldn’t leave SF for any college gig.
I get it’s Miami and it’s his home, but my man would be a complete idiot to leave San Fran and unhitch his wagon to Kyle Shanahan and Deebo. All hank has to do is have a pulse for the next 2-3 years and he probably get a NFL head coaching gig if San Fran keeps winning

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back