WR board

Advertisement
How long until the Jackson State kids hit the portal? Thinking they will be watching nattys be won elsewhere and realize that you’re not getting one at JSU.

It’s infuriating that we continue get humiliated by top level guys. I hope Mario knew about this crap and distanced us from him a while back.
But we got Moss who is higher rated....he even said he knew nothing about us until Mario got here. Relax homie...and that's coming from me, Mr. Negativity.

But we got Moss who is higher rated....he even said he knew nothing about us until Mario got here. Relax homie...and that's coming from me, Mr. Negativity.
I feel like I should I should add references to all my posts. I’ve already addressed this later down the thread and in other threads. Keep reading.

Advertisement
Advertisement
☝️This. Jackson State is the cool thing right now after Hunter. Good for them. Awesome to see HBCUs get some dudes, but I don't think it's going to become a huge trend. They'll cherry pick some dudes but Barstool isn't paying to get 85 studs on each team. And it could dry up once Deion leaves. Too much money, perks, and spotlight at P5s.
It will likely end before that when Deion fvcks around and takes a coveted recruit from Bama

Yal keep saying the JMU kid , do we lead or are we even linked to him ?
There is no reason to think so. The portal has been highly active and all we have done is pull a 6th year role player coming home. Time to name coaches and get to work instead of respecting the feelings of teams still playing games or whatever soft nonsense we are spouting.

Something I haven't thought of - on one hand, you can say good for these kids for "Creating their own legacy" or whatever bull narrative they want to come up with.

On the other, on top of the numerous disadvantages regarding choosing an FCS school over a FBS school...and this is a serious question because I don't know the answer to this: is this viewed by scouts and other respected football executives/coaches as being afraid of competition? These 5 stars should absolutely be dominating FCS-level talent, but there's only so far an HBCU can go in terms of season objectives and postseason appearances. You won't get a chance to compete against the best, on top of the disadvantages that come with player development, strength and nutrition, etc. - does that hurt them at all for going this route?

Advertisement
Something I haven't thought of - on one hand, you can say good for these kids for "Creating their own legacy" or whatever bull narrative they want to come up with.

On the other, on top of the numerous disadvantages regarding choosing an FCS school over a FBS school...and this is a serious question because I don't know the answer to this: is this viewed by scouts and other respected football executives/coaches as being afraid of competition? These 5 stars should absolutely be dominating FCS-level talent, but there's only so far an HBCU can go in terms of season objectives and postseason appearances. You won't get a chance to compete against the best, on top of the disadvantages that come with player development, strength and nutrition, etc. - does that hurt them at all for going this route?
It’s a bit of new territory with the big time guys going there so we’ll have a better idea in 3 years or so (unless they end up transferring to a P5 before then).

There is no reason to think so. The portal has been highly active and all we have done is pull a 6th year role player coming home. Time to name coaches and get to work instead of respecting the feelings of teams still playing games or whatever soft nonsense we are spouting.
Exactly that’s what I’m saying . We just keep throwing these names out there, like just because they’re in the portal and we have a need that means they’re coming here . I haven’t heard one reputable source say we even on the JMU kid and folks are acting like it’s a layup

Once he got lsu offer he wasn’t coming here

Not so sure of that but if you’re ignored when you’ve committed to an OOS school and the home town team comes calling you take the offer but I’m not so sure if he’d of been contacted at all he wouldn’t still be a Cane commit.
Kids gonna end up balling for LSU and we will still be scouring the portal looking for help..

Advertisement
Don’t reach.

Take the JMU kid and continue to push for Mario Williams but don’t reach for a prep kid. We have enough (with the addition of the JMU kid hopefully) for next season. Take 4 in ‘23 and keep this sh*t on a roll.
Perfect post

How long until the Jackson State kids hit the portal? Thinking they will be watching nattys be won elsewhere and realize that you’re not getting one at JSU.
Exactly. When they see the other kids they played with and against getting exposure on national tv, playing in playoff games and major bowl games, being shown on ESPN, etc on highlights of major college games, they will begin to question their decision.

Advertisement
Back