WR board (2024 portal edition)

Advertisement
Like are we back dooring any players? (Big time pause)

Feel like the ones we do tamper end up not entering the portal.
Mario has gone BIG game hunting for portal WRs (Zay Flowers and Xavier Worthy) in the past and according to posts back then things got very close to coming to fruition. With Ward onboard now, gotta think this is the time Mario gets a whale WR out of the portal

This is y I have a love hate relationship w/ the TP. These coaches act like they give af about these kids (& some sincerely do), but at the end of the day, the great majority of them r self serving & will do things in their best interest. Little keep their word & will move on expeditiously if a better opportunity presents itself; so why shouldn’t student-athletes or their parents who entrust their kids to these guys based upon their word not do the same?

My biggest gripe w/ the portal is the time frame, & being able to bounce all over the place non-stop during the season. Plus, many enter & never come out. It’s an absurd amount of players who get stuck in the portal to never be heard from again. Other than that, I totally get it.

Jedd was a bytch for how he handled it, & my homegirl’s husband is an Arizona Alum from their 99-03 b-ball team, & yes bro walked in announced he was leaving & walked out. No “this was tough” or “I’m so proud of what we’ve accomplished & I’m leaving b/c of a,b,c” etc. Nope, heard bro walked in & said just wanted to let the team know I’m taking the HC vacancy at Washington, and bounced (from what I was told).

Word and he will do the same thing to Washington next year when sun belt Billy gets canned. Washington be careful who u just hired

Advertisement
Advertisement

Oh No Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

Haven’t looked into the new staff yet, but I’m loving the **** everyone is giving Fritz about not being able to recruit 4-5* guys at Tulane. Curious who is heading up the NIL deals.

The Fear the Wave Collective is run by 2 former football players and a former baseball player. The new staff is a cross between Sumrall's staff at Troy (the OC and DC, RB and OL coaches) and a couple leftovers from Fritz' staff.

Advertisement
Jon Sumrall is a beast
My brother in law grew up, lives in and played baseball at Troy and is real connected to the athletic department. Him and his pops were pounding the table for the AD to drop a bag for Sumrall to stay there.

My brother in law grew up, lives in and played baseball at Troy and is real connected to the athletic department. Him and his pops were pounding the table for the AD to drop a bag for Sumrall to stay there.

Unfortunately for Tulane, he'll be in the SEC in 2-3 years, but he's the real deal.

Advertisement
I don’t care what it takes, get McMillan in the portal and spend however much is needed to get him. Ward, McMillan, Jacoby, and X is caveman proof.

I just read Fisch is bringing the entire offensive staff with him?
Arizona does not have a coach or coaching staff. Throw some money at McMillan. Got to get a big receiver that can go up and get it in the end zone.

Last edited:
I just read Fisch is bringing the entire offensive staff with him?

The Zona players still have 20-something more days to decide whether to enter the portal. So if McMillan isn't going to UW, then it still gives an opportunity for Cristobal to make his sales pitch. He flipped a player from the NFL, I think he can flip a player who just lost his HC. Can't say for sure whether McMillan is staying at Zona out of loyalty, or if he is just uninterested in going to UW because Fisch gave all his former players a middle finger as he boarding his Alaska Airlines flight to Seattle.

The Zona players still have 20-something more days to decide whether to enter the portal. So if McMillan isn't going to UW, then it still gives an opportunity for Cristobal to make his sales pitch. He flipped a player from the NFL, I think he can flip a player who just lost his HC. Can't say for sure whether McMillan is staying at Zona out of loyalty, or if he is just uninterested in going to UW because Fisch gave all his former players a middle finger as he boarding his Alaska Airlines flight to Seattle.
Cristobal already had McMillan commited once to Oregon. McMillan bolted to Arizona after Cristobal left for Miami.

Advertisement
Back