WQAM - Richt Interview

I don’t disagree w you. But acknowledging that the coaches didn’t prepare the players is not like what Golden used to say.

It’s at least a step removed. Maybe I’m hopeful he at least understands it’s the coaching and that he will fix it starting w demotions to analyst and hiring an OC-QB coach

I lay EVEN MONEY your boy Richt WON'T hire an offensive coordinator! Again, just PERUSE last year's Pittsburgh SHOCKER! Pittsburgh eventually put EIGHT IN THE BOX- and I'm not yapping donuts- and wanted #12 to pass Miami to victory. dUh.

Advertisement
Most of the stuff was coach speak. But when asked about evaluating playcalls, etc... Instead of taking blame on predictable playcalls, Richt goes out and says that if all 11 guys know their assignments and execute it, the play would work. Meaning that it's not the playcalling in his eyes.

Sorry, guys just frustrated. smh

The old if all 11 run these 30 year old plays then it will work.

Sorry Richt but if all 11 need to win their job for the play to work...explains why we are trash on offense.

We are going to have to wait for another year unfortunately. Richt is not giving up play calling. No way! After we lose our mid December Bowl game in 2019( assuming we win 6 games), he will be let go. It sucks because I really wanted him to succeed.
Head coaches and hubris often go hand in hand. I think Richt is going to go on to have his Alamo moment rather than capitulate to reason. The man wanted to retire but Blake sold him on the idea of semi-retirement.

Miami still has it in them, regardless of Richt and Junior, to possibly win NINE regular season games. Manny's defense will see to that! Heck, with two weeks to prepare Miami should defeat tough-minded Boston College. And if Miami doesn't, then Cane fandom can go Medieval on CMR.

Give up on Richt hiring an OC. He's going to go back and look at the film. They're going to see a key missed assginment here or there and say "see, if only this player had gotten his block well, it would have been a good play." His ego won't force him to ask himself "was that even the right playcall?"

Give up on Richt hiring an OC. He's going to go back and look at the film. They're going to see a key missed assginment here or there and say "see, if only this player had gotten his block well, it would have been a good play." His ego won't force him to ask himself "was that even the right playcall?"

This is exactly what will happen. It is obvious Richt can’t or won’t adjust. I’m also willing to bet, there will be no OC hire or new QB coach in the offseason. There will be no change in the offenseive philosophy either. We’re fuqed..

Advertisement
Who's still listening to that dribble!! You might as well get your fingers blow and flop your lips around! that would make more sense then the "blank" coming outta his mouth!

Sounds kinky but I'm having a hard time visualizing this act.

Any pics for reference?

Richt sounded confused, disorganized, and unable to complete a sentence with clarity. The is guy 100% RESPONSIBLE for the program for hiring, recruiting , coaching, etc. if the players are not executing its his fault. If we don’t have the right QB it’s his fault. His answer why he went for the offside was BRAINLESS. Time to immediately give Williams a shot! I disagree with the Big O, the man has forgot how to coach because his day game decisions are simply HORIFFIC! He Al Golden number 2.

We heard this nonsense for years under Golden and Ohnofrio. Blaming our D getting gashed in the run game because our d-line couldn't hold their blocks, or getting picked apart through the air because a corner couldn't make a play on the ball. Their failure was being oblivious to the fact that asking our Dline to do things they weren't good at, and telling DB's to allow receivers 30 yards of cushion were not conducive to success.

Advertisement
We heard this nonsense for years under Golden and Ohnofrio. Blaming our D getting gashed in the run game because our d-line couldn't hold their blocks, or getting picked apart through the air because a corner couldn't make a play on the ball. Their failure was being oblivious to the fact that asking our Dline to do things they weren't good at, and telling DB's to allow receivers 30 yards of cushion were not conducive to success.

Tell the truth. Your hiatus had more to do with you knowing exactly what we were in for with Rick than anything else?

lol another game where the HC admits the staff didn't have the players ready. Same exact thing that was said after the LSU game. Absolutely embarrassing. If you can't get your team prepared for an average Virginia team, get the f-uck out of Coral Gables please and take your useless son with you.

Someone should of asked him why the defense looked prepared but the offense looked like complete s-hit. I wonder who he throws under the bus then.

That would’ve been a perfect question

Advertisement
Until the media grows some balls and calls him out directly on his BS then all we will get is corny answers like this from Richt... he truly thinks he knows what he is doing, that's what is truly sad.

saying to fire jon based on what? Jon fought him about pulling perry. saying to fire him is like saying to fire coach d for running golden's defense.

WE don't want him fired for pulling Perry it is because he has not developed any of our QBs. If any other team trotted out Malik in their 3rd year as their best option they would be fired immediately.

Advertisement
Whose job is it to teach all 11 guys their assignments?

If they're struggling with their assignments what's happening from the film room, to the practice field, to the actual game where they seem to forget what they were taught?

If the players would just run the plays exactly like it's taught & it would all work, how come they struggle so much at doing that?

If it really all comes down to just execution, then what's that say about the Coach who calls all these perfect plays that are hardly ever executed properly?

At some point, the excuses are nothing more than raw meat for Cult worshippers. Eventually, the,"It's not my brilliant Offense, its the players who can't run it" line gets old & worn out.

Missed assignments.

I can buy this explanation if there were a handful of plays where you can see one or two players miss a block, or a receiver run a bad route, or drop the ball, or a QB made a bad read or poor throw.

When I see play after play failing my reasoning is either a roster lacking talent or the coaches failing to prepare and gameplan properly. There are limitations on the OL and at QB, but I’m going with option 2.

What did I win Mark?

When I see play after play failing my reasoning is either a roster lacking talent or the coaches failing to prepare and gameplan properly. There are limitations on the OL and at QB, but I’m going with option 2.
aw cmon, you didn't list "some of both" as an option in the contest?

Golden was a lot smoother of a talker. Golden was the GOAT at BSing in interviews. If we could smell out Goldens BS Richt has no shot.
MG.jpg

Advertisement
Back