WQAM - Richt Interview

He's not hiring an OC. The only situation I could even potentially see him bringing someone in would be Mike Bobo being fired from Colorado State. Even then, he may be an analyst or something similar where he only sits in the booth due to his health issues (which is what Jon Richt does anyway).

On the bright side... there will be no Malik Rosier to turn to next year. It'll be N'kosi or Jarren. Nobody should be complaining of who is at QB regardless of who is in the game.

Side note that is off-topic... I really don't want us to make it to Charlotte. Richt needs a wake up call and taking a step back on the field in results is what he needs to look himself in the mirror. I also don't want another 50 point loss to Clemson.

Advertisement
I’m sure there was an additional statement at least from what i heard today after that saying they have to coach better if all 11 aren’t doing their job.

And he acknowledged they all have to do some soul searching(referring to his coaching staff and players too)

But again imo this goes back to calling uninspiring plays and not using deception in the play calling that will great help with the confusion of the defense if you give them something to think about or an extra key they have to read. His problems wouldn’t be as bad in terms of play calling if he does this simple fix but he is so **** stubborn. Motion in the offense will certainly help fix this bullsh*t

There’s no soul searching to do; our offensive identity is offensive to watch. 5-7 plays that we run, that’s it. It’s pretty predictable. Nothing has changed since his 1st yr, and one can argue that this scheme is becoming more and more predictable in each passing yr. Any team we play that have a pulse on defense is reading us like a book.

To me, the only difference between Richt and Golden is that Richt put up $1m for the IPF. What Golden was on defense w his nepotistic approach is what Richt is on offense. Miami should’ve never allowed him to hire his son as a coach.

Maybe Richt should’ve stayed out of football for 1 yr, so he could observe the direction CFB is going. Even NFL teams are not running this basic crap anymore.

he said missed blocks and moving forward its Donaldson at RG and DJ at RT.

also said we have a few silent commits.

Said that chit last yr. So did Golden. I’m tired of the silent commits line to appease the fan base when things r sour. U know the problem w silent commits? They’re silent, and can’t be verified.

Advertisement
We DON’T have any QBs!!! And guess who’s fault that is? Richt and sons!!! Perry and Malik can’t be trusted to throw the ball 20 yards. This offense is a total cluster fuq

And they had the audacity to say they were comfortable NOT taking a QB in 19. L-O-L

4B087D39-4BC7-476E-9867-725C642760AA.jpeg

Said that chit last yr. So did Golden. I’m tired of the silent commits line to appease the fan base when things r sour. U know the problem w silent commits? They’re silent, and can’t be verified.
dude i never wanted richt. whats the difference between and schiano if you want to keep it real?
Schiano won 9 games a year at rutgers, put a good amount of kids in nfl, and look at them pre and post his tenure.

We are going to have to wait for another year unfortunately. Richt is not giving up play calling. No way! After we lose our mid December Bowl game in 2019( assuming we win 6 games), he will be let go. It sucks because I really wanted him to succeed.
Head coaches and hubris often go hand in hand. I think Richt is going to go on to have his Alamo moment rather than capitulate to reason. The man wanted to retire but Blake sold him on the idea of semi-retirement.

Advertisement
And they had the audacity to say they were comfortable NOT taking a QB in 19. L-O-L

Mind boggling isn't it? I really had high hopes for Richt, but I'm realizing the game has passed him by. He shows no sense of urgency to get this offense going, on the field or off. I believe he is content with the offense performance and will ride it out till retirement.

Coaches interviews are the lamest **** in the world. They never say anything meaningful especially Rick.

And Rose isn’t some sort of broadcast journalist; he’s a big glad-handing dope who lobs softballs and plays the coach talk game. If he makes Rick uncomfortable then Rick will either quit doing interviews with him or UM will contact its radio partner and shut down the tough questions.

UM fans should be past the point of caring what these dopey coaches tell us. We’ve been fed a million pounds of **** for almost 20 years now. THe only thing you guys should pay attention to is what they do.

If Rick continues to feed his ego by insisting on calling plays within his arcane framework instead of doing what’s best for UM, then he’ll be another in the long line of failures here. And he’ll eventually retire a loser.

Advertisement
We are going to have to wait for another year unfortunately. Richt is not giving up play calling. No way! After we lose our mid December Bowl game in 2019( assuming we win 6 games), he will be let go. It sucks because I really wanted him to succeed.
Head coaches and hubris often go hand in hand. I think Richt is going to go on to have his Alamo moment rather than capitulate to reason. The man wanted to retire but Blake sold him on the idea of semi-retirement.

You are delusional if you think these are going to happen.

Groundhog Day at UM. Same **** every year.

Failing HC: Yeah, Joe, I’m an awesome coach. Been doing this for 78 years. Players don’t execute. We’re young though. Oh yeah let me appease the dumb fans who want to hear this and think it matters, it’s my fault and I’ll fix it.

Are you kiddin me Joe?

What a fvckin disaster.

Advertisement
Most of the stuff was coach speak. But when asked about evaluating playcalls, etc... Instead of taking blame on predictable playcalls, Richt goes out and says that if all 11 guys know their assignments and execute it, the play would work. Meaning that it's not the playcalling in his eyes.

Sorry, guys just frustrated. smh

Coach absolutely suffers from a case of STUBBORN ego-itis! Go figure. Man, mighty Boston College's defensive staff are biting on the leash to tear up Richt's bland offensive game plan and all that.

Didn’t he say that cmr doesn’t pass to the middle of the field. How can every dc tv announcer and fan see it but he can’t?

Junior is up in the sky box telling papa the defensive " looks " and what not. Again, I've been saying from day one, that Junior shouldn't be up there and Miami needs an EXPERIENCED assistant up there. Say Brown or Dugans!

Who's still listening to that dribble!! You might as well get your fingers blow and flop your lips around! that would make more sense then the "blank" coming outta his mouth!

Advertisement
Back