Would you take a loss to FSU

Advertisement
Our young players played hard and are so talented that they were able to outplay some horrendous coaching decisions and lack of preparation against a well coached and disciplined team despite an anemic environment and everyone doubting them.
Imo any smart and good coach with the ability to land a good staff around him would be wanting to come and would be making some phone calls.

Advertisement
In that hypothetical we would be in a win-win situation. No one wants to lose to those ***ers but no one wants to keep those two ***ers either.

I guess personally it would depend how we do in the games leading up to it. If we lose to Pitt and/or GT… I’d lean on the guarantee of getting rid of the two stooges. If we somehow win both (big stretch) then I’d probably prefer beating the dawg **** out of fspoo and hope we still can their candy azzez after we lose our bowl game

Agreed. So you going to watch us play F$U and cheer on the 'Noles?

"Nice run, Travis!" "Did you see Jermaine Johnson destroy Miami's o-line!" "Man...Toafili is tearing us up...love it...Go 'Noles!"

Can't do it...

If Manny is who we (most of us at least) know he is, he will find a way to lose games. I am not going to root against my team and our player. Sorry.

The Admin should do what is right based on the body of work, not one game.
We are saying the same things.

Advertisement
Let’s put it another way…would you be willing to live with the two village idiots for another year in exchange for a guaranteed Semenholes win…

Taking a loss or living with a loss says nothing about rooting for a loss…..and trust me you’re no where near as old school as I am..
You are hypothetically asking if 'Canes fans would be content and satisfied and perhaps even happy at the prospect of losing against FSU if (and that is a might big "if") it meant Manny would absolutely and unequivocally get fired. My answer is flat out "no." That is not something IMHO a 'Canes fan should ever contemplate.

You are hypothetically asking if 'Canes fans would be content and satisfied and perhaps even happy at the prospect of losing against FSU if (and that is a might big "if") it meant Manny would absolutely and unequivocally get fired. My answer is flat out "no." That is not something IMHO a 'Canes fan should ever contemplate.
Never mentioned being happy or even not upset…..so you’re saying you’d be okay with Manny and Blake having another year to destroy the program even more than they have already if a win was guaranteed..

Advertisement
Advertisement
You said "take a loss" not live with a loss. As a 'Cane, you should never be satisfied or content with losing to F$U. Ever.

But, hey maybe I'm old school...

Taking a loss or living with a loss says nothing about rooting for a loss…..and trust me you’re no where near as old school as I am..

Julian Castro 2020 Race GIF by Election 2020

That’s the way I feel…I’ve become so meh when it comes to this team and the only thing that matters is change….I’ve hated FSU longer than most of you are old but if it’s the only way that we get the changes we need I might be able to live with it …..
If you are old enough to to know this rivalry then you will remember when FSU shut out UM in 1996 during the low point of probation,. if you are old enough to remember that game then you can never, ever, not in a million years root for FSU to beat UM.
If you are old enough to remember that game and you still choose to root for FSU then you are not a Miami fan. Enjoy rooting for the Noles because only a Nole fan would ever root for the Noles.

i feel like I am watching Billy Madison and we are all dumber for having read your comment. Sorry if my reply was “un-mod like”

Never mentioned being happy or even not upset…..so you’re saying you’d be okay with Manny and Blake having another year to destroy the program even more than they have already if a win was guaranteed..
No that is not what I am saying at all.

These are not mutually exclusive outcomes. You can and should expect to beat the snot chit out of FSU and that doesn't impact the expectation that Manny and BJ will be fired by the end of the year. As a fan, you should demand both.

A win or loss against FSU should not be dispositive of what will happen to Manny and Blake. They both should lose their jobs based on their performance prior to the FSU game. The body of work speaks for itself.

Advertisement
Back