Would you bet on the Canes -51.5 vs Bethune Cookman?

Advertisement
The problem with a spread like that is you never know how Richt will manage the offense once he's up by 4 TDs. He could bring in all the 2s and 3s and actively try not to run up the score. Of course, during our championship runs, we would sit our 1s after the first play of the third quarter against Power 5 teams and still end up winning by 50+ points. So who knows. Hard to stop kids from trying to score in football.

Advertisement
I said the same thing last year and didnt bet thinking Richt was a "Southern Gentlemen" when we played FAMU and that guy tried to hang 100 on those guys. Covered by a mile. (70-3)..Bet it.

I would advise against betting that game. In order to beat them by 60 we might have to score while actively trying not to do so. Also, sometimes they shorten these games in the second half or have a running clock. That's not how I want to spend my money even though we easily could cover that number.

I never take Miami to cover huge spreads. They usually call off the dogs when the game starts getting out of hand. Last years' FAMU game was the exception, though.

If Richt was the kind of coach who took liberty in running up the scoreboard, absolutely...but since he's not that kind of coach, I would be hesitant to take that wager.

Advertisement
If Richt was the kind of coach who took liberty in running up the scoreboard, absolutely...but since he's not that kind of coach, I would be hesitant to take that wager.

What do you call what he did last year against FAMU? LOL. Richt will run it up buddy.

Think of it like this ,about how many possessions do you think we will have ? I say at least 12 ,which means we score a TD on just over half of them and you probably cover the spread. Factor in the possibility of our D and special teams scoring.

Small bet to cover.

Advertisement
Stupid bet.

What if we're up 50-0 in the 4th quarter with 3rd stringers, we lose interest, refs go to a running clock, and we do the smart thing: take a knee for a whole quarter basically and just try to get out of there without injuries. We won big enough, no one will complain about a 50 point win. It won't hurt us in anyway. And all you 51.5 suckers will lose money.

It might be smarter to bet on the halftime spread (-26) instead of the full game ....we'll definitely keep the pedal on for the first half we'll definitely be up 4 scores by the half...but like others said it's hard to say how Richt will call the rest of the game

Advertisement
Yes. Richt will keep 1s in a while for chemistry.

And our 2s are too **** good. Lmao at them stopping Shirreffs throwing to J Thomas, Harley, Njoku

Burns may be star of the day.

Yes. Richt will keep 1s in a while for chemistry.

And our 2s are too **** good. Lmao at them stopping Shirreffs throwing to J Thomas, Harley, Njoku

Burns may be star of the day.

This. These guys are "auditioning" to get burn in the FSU game and you dont think guys like Thomas, Langham, Harley, Homer and Mullins are gonna try and show out as much as possible? **** throw TGray in there too. I will remember this thread when the final score is 66-10. I see AGAIN..we beat FAMU 70-3 last year. 70-3! Bethune might be slightly worse then FAMU.

Stupid bet.

What if we're up 50-0 in the 4th quarter with 3rd stringers, we lose interest, refs go to a running clock, and we do the smart thing: take a knee for a whole quarter basically and just try to get out of there without injuries. We won big enough, no one will complain about a 50 point win. It won't hurt us in anyway. And all you 51.5 suckers will lose money.

Al Goldens gone, that mindset is dead here

Stupid bet.

Al Goldens gone, that mindset is dead here

We were up 31-14 on WVU after 3 quarters and we basically ran the entire 4th quarter. Even on 3rd and long .

Advertisement
Back