Would you bet on the Canes -51.5 vs Bethune Cookman?

Stupid bet.

What if we're up 50-0 in the 4th quarter with 3rd stringers, we lose interest, refs go to a running clock, and we do the smart thing: take a knee for a whole quarter basically and just try to get out of there without injuries. We won big enough, no one will complain about a 50 point win. It won't hurt us in anyway. And all you 51.5 suckers will lose money.

Al Goldens gone, that mindset is dead here

We were up 31-14 on WVU after 3 quarters and we basically ran the entire 4th quarter. Even on 3rd and long .

Advertisement
It might be smarter to bet on the halftime spread (-26) instead of the full game ....we'll definitely keep the pedal on for the first half we'll definitely be up 4 scores by the half...but like others said it's hard to say how Richt will call the rest of the game

Great point.

Stupid bet.

What if we're up 50-0 in the 4th quarter with 3rd stringers, we lose interest, refs go to a running clock, and we do the smart thing: take a knee for a whole quarter basically and just try to get out of there without injuries. We won big enough, no one will complain about a 50 point win. It won't hurt us in anyway. And all you 51.5 suckers will lose money.

We were up 31-14 on WVU after 3 quarters and we basically ran the entire 4th quarter. Even on 3rd and long .

thats different, thats a game where you're doing that to kill clock and win the game, here it will be over quick, its about the reserves having the pride to execute, and still fight for a job

Stupid bet.

What mindset is that?

Rick gives zero fūcks about the point spread, and a 50 point win is still a beatdown.

Stupid bet.

What mindset is that?

Rick gives zero fūcks about the point spread, and a 50 point win is still a beatdown.

3rd stringers,losing interest, thats why under Grohlden we would only score hi 40 low 50 against trash piles, and it was ugly, whatever string we have in against BCC should score on every drive, even if we're running dives

Advertisement
I said the same thing last year and didnt bet thinking Richt was a "Southern Gentlemen" when we played FAMU and that guy tried to hang 100 on those guys. Covered by a mile. (70-3)..Bet it.

think a lot of that also had to do with that cheap shot on berrios

Stupid bet.

What mindset is that?

3rd stringers,losing interest, thats why under Grohlden we would only score hi 40 low 50 against trash piles, and it was ugly, whatever string we have in against BCC should score on every drive, even if we're running dives

It's totally irrelevant and unimportant whether we score 45, 50, 60, or 100 vs BC. Trust me, the coaches don't give a shīt and neither do the players. What they want to do is run their offense and defense, work out the kinks, win big of course which they will do, and get out of there with no injuries.

There are no style points given vs a shītty team like Bethune. It's just another scrimmage. You don't seem to get that.

We have an interesting road game next at ASU then FSU, I expect the 1’s to get more time than usual for rhythm and continuity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
It might be smarter to bet on the halftime spread (-26) instead of the full game ....we'll definitely keep the pedal on for the first half we'll definitely be up 4 scores by the half...but like others said it's hard to say how Richt will call the rest of the game

Agreed. Figure it will be 7-0 Miami after first quarter as we try to get down timing, then Miami scores at least 3 TDs in 2nd quarter to make it 28-0 by half. After that it is going to to depend on 3rd and 4th stringers to score another 4 TDs. Seems too risky to me.

Stupid bet.

What mindset is that?

It's totally irrelevant and unimportant whether we score 45, 50, 60, or 100 vs BC. Trust me, the coaches don't give a shīt and neither do the players. What they want to do is run their offense and defense, work out the kinks, win big of course which they will do, and get out of there with no injuries.

There are no style points given vs a shītty team like Bethune. It's just another scrimmage. You don't seem to get that.

if our 3rd team is going 3 and out against BCC, then those guys will never play, and on this team thats all young guys out to prove themselves not upperclassmen cemented on the 3rd team...thats what richt is concerned about that no matter who's out there, what the score is, or who the opponent is we execute, its called culture

Last edited:
Advertisement
Super easy money. Our D and special teams will set up really short fields for our O.

Stupid bet.

If we are up by 50 early or even midway through the 4th there is a very good chance we cover. Not my opinion, this is just a betting fact that most favorites cover late in the game.

Stupid bet.

If we are up by 50 early or even midway through the 4th there is a very good chance we cover. Not my opinion, this is just a betting fact that most favorites cover late in the game.

Or we don't.

Your money, bet away. If you enjoy it, then I'm not one to judge.

Me, I bet on the stock market and have never lost. It's legalized gambling where you always have something at the end. That's where I get my juice, so I've never quite understood betting on games, where you can lose the entire wad. But to each his own.

Advertisement
Stupid bet.

Or we don't.

Your money, bet away. If you enjoy it, then I'm not one to judge.

Me, I bet on the stock market and have never lost. It's legalized gambling where you always have something at the end. That's where I get my juice, so I've never quite understood betting on games, where you can lose the entire wad. But to each his own.

The market has been going up since 2009 so many have never experienced a significant drawdown on their acct. Tread carefully, we are way overdue for a correction. Back to Bethune--I've yet to do my due diligence on this game but it would be wise to keep bets small on this one.

Advertisement
Back