Would we be better if Jack Allison didn't transfer?

I would have preferred Allison stayed here if only to have another option at QB. In fairness though, I was never very high on him. His high school numbers were very Sitkowski-esque. ~50% passer. Poor TD/int ratio. Big kid, big arm but little accuracy. Maybe Dana will be able to hide his issues in his offense but you can only hide an inaccurate QB for so long. Ask Mark Richt.

He was a 60% passer his Junior year 18-14 TD-INT. Senior year 62% 11-5. I believe he missed some games his senior year. Not amazing but he was much better than Pickowski. He also looked good during the Under Armour practices and during the game. Definitely a kid that needed to be coached up though but our QB coach isn't even qualified for his job.

Advertisement
I like Jack Allison.

I think he'd be very good here.

He just isn't a scheme fit and Richt is weird with what he wants. I don't think Richt even knows what he wants.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The thing that really helps 2016 is the early commitment of QB Jack Allison. QB's usually stick and with him in the bag, the skill guys are gonna wanna play with him. Now if we can get Gibson somehow this year then this class might get decent. Irvin and Johnson I think are coming but ya never know.

Scarlett is coming. If Walton stays in the '16 class then I think we can keep Williams, Cronkite, and Scarlett with Williams being an athlete playing reciever and running back. Cronkite only wants two running backs in this class so it's important that Walton maybe stays in his class. Williams seems to be on board with the athlete role.

Recruiting.. . trending up

The thing that really helps 2016 is the early commitment of QB Jack Allison. QB's usually stick and with him in the bag, the skill guys are gonna wanna play with him. Now if we can get Gibson somehow this year then this class might get decent. Irvin and Johnson I think are coming but ya never know.

Scarlett is coming. If Walton stays in the '16 class then I think we can keep Williams, Cronkite, and Scarlett with Williams being an athlete playing reciever and running back. Cronkite only wants two running backs in this class so it's important that Walton maybe stays in his class. Williams seems to be on board with the athlete role.

Blast from the past

Those 4 rb commits at once was just ridiculous

Just another highly rated high school guy who didn't pan out.

I'm still curious as to what actually went down here.

Advertisement

Now if this MF would just fix the defense..

Image result for oof gif

Advertisement
He wasn't. But he was highly rated by the super scouts at the recruiting sites.

Correct. He was tall, lanky had a good arm, but I think it was all projections to the next level. His high school numbers were not great. I don’t think they were even that good.

And I’m not trying to bash the kid, but to this day I don’t even know if he’s very accurate or how well he can throw from either the pocket or on the run, or how mobile he is, any of the things that you look for in a quarterback.

So the only thing I’m left with is a few clips from some All-Star games, in which he was kind of meh, and his high school numbers which were not good.

I know he's on the bench at WV behind Grier, but that's not taking anything away from him to be behind Grier. He seemed like he had the goods. I thought he was better than anybody we had, your thoughts?
Kendall beat him out at WV so no

Advertisement
Back