Would Kiffin fair better

lane-kiffin.gif

Advertisement
Can't say he wouldn't but refuse to state as indeniable fact that he would either as some are doing. I will say not with the same qb.
Respected.
Can't say he wouldn't but refuse to state as indeniable fact that he would either as some are doing. I will say not with the same qb.
Respected. But I can. Irrefutable fact that Kiffin is a better play caller and more accomplished than Moorhead. The QB that lost last night went into Columbus and won. The Qb that was dominated by a no name defense. Not saying Kiffin makes him the Herbert 2.0 but that offense was not prepared and out coached. Wouldn't happen under Kiffin. Defense might have been horrible but offense would have been ready to play.

I can’t believe Mario still has as many supporters. Oregon getting curb stomped by Utah twice is extremely worrisome. Prepare for Richt results. Especially if Mario isn’t going to upgrade his S&C staff.

Oh, and the players don’t respect Mario and call him a fraud. The defense didn’t even try. Unbelievably huge red flags

Gretchen, stop trying to make "Lane" happen. It's not going to happen.

Advertisement
Haters: "I know Lane would have this team scoring 40+ points a game but it doesn't matter. Let's roll with Mario's offensive philosophy. Besides scoring 40+ points a game doesn't mean anything."

Really enjoy your analyses, but saying Utah in the PAC 12 South is in a way tougher division than Ole' Miss in the SEC West is a bit of a stretch...CU, Arizona are not as good as LSU and Auburn if you are looking at bottom dwellers.
Your sarcasm meter broken?

Advertisement
he wouldnt be able to recruit high level talent and thats how u win big. Thats my opinion and i see that as fact just like i said that would kill Diaz he couldnt recruit. Or coach
I think he'd recruit the offensive side well. Idk about the defense tho. Mario would kill it in recruiting but he needs elite coordinators. If Miami is gonna put the money up I think he would bring in some big names.

I can’t believe Mario still has as many supporters. Oregon getting curb stomped by Utah twice is extremely worrisome. Prepare for Richt results. Especially if Mario isn’t going to upgrade his S&C staff.

Oh, and the players don’t respect Mario and call him a fraud. The defense didn’t even try. Unbelievably huge red flags
You claim the players don't respect Mario and call him a fraud...based on some random person posting thar Thibodeaux said that to Mario in a halftime argument. But if it even really happened, it's because the player was angry that Cristobal is taking the Miami job and leaving them. It's not some general feeling that players have about Cristobal, so stop spinning ridiculously false narratives.

So now you are equating Conference-USA championships to Pac-12 championships...you just lost any credibility...
You need Reading comprehension...he said 0 championships...did Lane not win 2? Yes he did...and Lane was Top of Pac 12 when it was a real strong conference...not the cream puff it is now...even worse than ACC...

Utah with 3 losses destroyed them and Oregon is by far most talented...

And with everything on the line....Mario was in my top 4 but maybe its going lower after being a huge embarrassment.

Advertisement
Killed a kid? I missed that.
D. Money is talking about D. J. Durkin, the former Maryland Coach that had a player die from heatstroke several years ago. Durkin has done some questionable things with his training techniques, employing a "junction boys" approach (see Bear Bryant) and also the old school training approach used by people like Frank Kush at Arizona State. He also paid the attorney for several of his players accused of sexual assault. Did D.J. Durkin kill a kid, No. But his training techniques were harsh and he was certainly negligent in the death of Jordan McNair. As an aside, Saban tried to hire Durkin, but the national uproar was so loud, that even Saban couldn't do it. Lane took a chance on Durkin and it's been successful, as he has learned from the Maryland tragedy. That said, he will never be a HC again and I don't think Durkin would be allowed to be on the staff in Lane ends up at Miami. You can get away with a lot more in Oxford, MS.

You need Reading comprehension...he said 0 championships...did Lane not win 2? Yes he did...and Lane was Top of Pac 12 when it was a real strong conference...not the cream puff it is now...even worse than ACC...

Utah with 3 losses destroyed them and Oregon is by far most talented...

And with everything on the line....Mario was in my top 4 but maybe its going lower after being a huge embarrassment.

Again, while the previous poster may have failed to qualify "championships" with the words "Power Five", you knew what he was talking about, and there was no need to get ****y and tell him he had no credibility. Good lord, what if Lane had 2 Pop Warner championships, should we slam someone for not considering those to be the equivalent of Mario's championships?

Everyone needs to calm down and realize that Lane hasn't been interviewed by anyone, offered by anyone, and he's not going to get the job at Miami.

Advertisement
D. Money is talking about D. J. Durkin, the former Maryland Coach that had a player die from heatstroke several years ago. Durkin has done some questionable things with his training techniques, employing a "junction boys" approach (see Bear Bryant) and also the old school training approach used by people like Frank Kush at Arizona State. He also paid the attorney for several of his players accused of sexual assault. Did D.J. Durkin kill a kid, No. But his training techniques were harsh and he was certainly negligent in the death of Jordan McNair. As an aside, Saban tried to hire Durkin, but the national uproar was so loud, that even Saban couldn't do it. Lane took a chance on Durkin and it's been successful, as he has learned from the Maryland tragedy. That said, he will never be a HC again and I don't think Durkin would be allowed to be on the staff in Lane ends up at Miami. You can get away with a lot more in Oxford, MS.
I will say this that Durkin has a chance (very small chance) to be an HC again (G5). You know who also killed a kid (in fact more responsible than Durkin) Brian Kelly. Seems to me he has "rehabilitated" his reputation or the powers that be just don't care.

Advertisement
Back