Would Kiffin fair better

I will say this that Durkin has a chance (very small chance) to be an HC again (G5). You know who also killed a kid (in fact more responsible than Durkin) Brian Kelly. Seems to me he has "rehabilitated" his reputation or the powers that be just don't care.
The difference, media relentlessly attacked Durkin and still do every time his name comes up for a job. Whereas, ND used it's position to pressure people to backoff the story and defended Kelly. It was labeled a terrible accident, but the truth is it could have been prevented if someone had respected the weather forecast and put Declan Sullivan's life above practice video.

Advertisement
Nod Yes GIF by Captain Obvious

The difference, media relentlessly attacked Durkin and still do every time his name comes up for a job. Whereas, ND used it's position to pressure people to backoff the story and defended Kelly. It was labeled a terrible accident, but the truth is it could have been prevented if someone had respected the weather forecast and put Declan Sullivan's life above practice video.
Agreed on all accounts

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...an-notre-dame-anniversary-20111027-story.html

If the family had went hard in on getting Kelly to pay for their son's death, something may have happened, but Barry Sullivan was probably wanting to protect his business interests or is just a pvssy...Either way, a ****** father who needs to have a miserable old age.

Advertisement
ND shamed a girl who accused a player of rape into killing herself.

He promoted/allowed a completely toxic culture while he was a HC at MD, fwiw.
I was still at MD when that **** happened. Durkin was briefly reinstated before finally being ****canned. After the practice Durkin attended during that reinstatement, the players loyal to him beat the **** out of the player who spoke to investigators.

D. Money is talking about D. J. Durkin, the former Maryland Coach that had a player die from heatstroke several years ago. Durkin has done some questionable things with his training techniques, employing a "junction boys" approach (see Bear Bryant) and also the old school training approach used by people like Frank Kush at Arizona State. He also paid the attorney for several of his players accused of sexual assault. Did D.J. Durkin kill a kid, No. But his training techniques were harsh and he was certainly negligent in the death of Jordan McNair. As an aside, Saban tried to hire Durkin, but the national uproar was so loud, that even Saban couldn't do it. Lane took a chance on Durkin and it's been successful, as he has learned from the Maryland tragedy. That said, he will never be a HC again and I don't think Durkin would be allowed to be on the staff in Lane ends up at Miami. You can get away with a lot more in Oxford, MS.
Thanks bro. Figured he was talking Durkin but I didn't get the context. Thank you for filling in the blanks.

Advertisement
I don't care what you think of Mario.

Lane is never going to happen at Miami. Nobody else wants him anyhow. That silence you hear is from all the other offers Lane is getting.
He might not. He’s not Cuban, nor is he a “Miami guy”, but to pretend this dude is not an exponentially better coach than Mario? You’re either Cuban or simply don’t fully understand football (or a combination of the two) and probably should stop posting as much? I swear you motherfckers have an agenda and that agenda that does NOT place the university in the BEST position possible. Lane is the BEST available option- both fiscally AND schematically. Mario is purely a “political “ pick. Do what’s best for UM. Lane is best for UM.

Advertisement
Back