Would Butch come as a DC?

Buccaneers tight end Kellen Winslow isn’t necessarily complaining about the team’s decision to hire former Rutgers coach Greg Schiano. After all, Schiano spent a couple of years as the defensive coordinator at the place where Winslow was once a f–king soldier.

But Winslow would have preferred another coach with connections to the “U” — Panthers offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski.

In a Thursday interview with Adam Schein and Rich Gannon of Sirius NFL Radio, Winslow mentioned at least three times that he wanted Chudzinski. “I was really hoping for Coach Chudzinski who I was with at Miami and Cleveland,” Winslow said. “But, you know, we got another guy in Greg Schiano who I know and heard he’s one of the best coaches people have been around. And he’s got a lot of enthusiasm and [is] real energetic so I’m excited, man.”

Advertisement

Vernon Davis Profile

Breaking Fantasy News

We're a little more than a month past Christmas, but 49ers tight end Vernon Davis is still wishing for presents. "All I want for Christmas... is to meet #robchudzinski #OC," Davis wrote Monday via Instagram. Chudzinski spent this season as an assistant coach for the Colts, but his contract expired today, and he can begin talking to possible employers Tuesday. The 49ers are reportedly interested in him for their vacancy at offensive coordinator.

Fantasy Analysis

This doesn't take a genius to figure out. Davis sees his disastrous 2014 stat line (26-245-2) and then sees an offensive-minded coach who's available and has had a ton of success with tight ends. Chud's star pupils include Antonio Gates, Kellen Winslow Jr., Greg Olsen and Jordan Cameron. But will Davis be on the Niners' roster come next season? He's owned more than $4 million in salary for 2015, and he certainly didn't earn it with his most recent performances. Davis, who turns 31 years old this Saturday, could very well be in the midst of a career decline. Perhaps even Chud won't be able to save him.

Im killing you Chise...I understand if you want to admit I'm right.

I will accept your apology.

Chise............

You have gone full tard dude. Fred Davis was the top WR prospect in the country in 2002 and would have been a Cane had Chud not left.

Chud was a great recruiter here despite working for clappy.

Nevertheless, he s optimistic about his future as a Trojan pass-catcher.

“I know my senior year wasn t as good as I wanted it to be, but that kind of stuff happens,” he said. “Now I m on a whole other playing level and I m out to prove they didn t waste their scholarship.”

Through the entire recruiting process Davis never really indicated which school he considered the most. Had Miami s former offensive coordinator, Rob Chudzinski, not joined the Cleveland Browns coaching staff, Davis probably would have been heading south instead of west. Chudzinski, a Toledo St. John s Jesuit graduate, had built a good rapport with Davis.

“That affected me a lot, said Davis, of Chudzinski s departure from Miami. “Miami was going to be No.1 on the list. If Chud still was there I d probably be there today.

And exactly where did Ohio State stack up on Davis final four college options?

Read more at Rogers Davis says USC is his choice - Toledo Blade

Id love to hear some specifics on Chuds recruiting abilities please

Kthanxbye

Here's 2 specifics: He hates it and is very bad at it.

No need for name calling, kuntface. You point out one kid from Toledo, which was Chud's hometown, and that proves he was a "great" recruiter in your sick distorted Chud-filled world? You're gone with the wind, honey.

Chud formed a bond with Davis because they were from the same neighborhood. Period. He was a lazy and abysmal recruiter, who hated that part of the job.

Please show me one piece of evidence or just make something up fackstick....

Chise............

You have gone full tard dude. Fred Davis was the top WR prospect in the country in 2002 and would have been a Cane had Chud not left.

Chud was a great recruiter here despite working for clappy.

Nevertheless, he s optimistic about his future as a Trojan pass-catcher.

“I know my senior year wasn t as good as I wanted it to be, but that kind of stuff happens,” he said. “Now I m on a whole other playing level and I m out to prove they didn t waste their scholarship.”

Through the entire recruiting process Davis never really indicated which school he considered the most. Had Miami s former offensive coordinator, Rob Chudzinski, not joined the Cleveland Browns coaching staff, Davis probably would have been heading south instead of west. Chudzinski, a Toledo St. John s Jesuit graduate, had built a good rapport with Davis.

“That affected me a lot, said Davis, of Chudzinski s departure from Miami. “Miami was going to be No.1 on the list. If Chud still was there I d probably be there today.

And exactly where did Ohio State stack up on Davis final four college options?

Read more at Rogers Davis says USC is his choice - Toledo Blade

Kthanxbye

Here's 2 specifics: He hates it and is very bad at it.

No need for name calling, kuntface. You point out one kid from Toledo, which was Chud's hometown, and that proves he was a "great" recruiter in your sick distorted Chud-filled world? You're gone with the wind, honey.

Chud formed a bond with Davis because they were from the same neighborhood. Period. He was a lazy and abysmal recruiter, who hated that part of the job.

Advertisement
So you are saying he would have been too lazy to drive to Dalvin Cook's house and show him his 3 championship rings and NFL resume?

Are you saying he would be too lazy to hire a superior staff which includes actual football coaches?

So Justin Fuente is not lazy and is a great recruiter?

When Chud is hired and brings Cristobal down to serve as Asst HC will you be happy?

I love it Chise....Chud is lazy....

Chudzinski was Miami's first NCAA Post-Graduate Scholarship recipient. He was an honorable mention All-American as a sophomore in 1988, maintained a 4.0 grade-point average the following season, and was inducted into the Iron Arrow Society for his outstanding leadership, character and service at Miami.

Chudzinski directs Miami machine
BY DAVE WOOLFORD
BLADE SPORTS WRITER

TEMPE, Ariz. - Miami's inspiring offense, the one that could leave Ohio State's defense perspiring profusely, is the product of excellent players and coaches, such as Toledoan Rob Chudzinski.

The Hurricanes' young offensive coordinator, who played high school football at St. John's Jesuit, is in charge of one of the most expeditious offenses in the country.

Miami takes an offense into tomorrow's Fiesta Bowl national championship game that compiled 503 points in 12 regular-season games, the most in a regular season by any Hurricanes team. Ohio State has to face the Hurricanes, whose 41.9-points per game average this season ranks third in school history, behind last year's school record of 42.7 points.

The average drive time for Miami's 67 offensive touchdowns this season is 1:58. This express-lane-only offense has accounted for 18 TDs in under a minute. The 'Canes have recorded 187 plays of 10 or more yards, which consists of 25.2 percent of their total offensive plays this season.

What can possibly flag down this non-stop attack that has produced 34 consecutive triumphs, or at least make it abide by the speed limit?

Chudzinski, 34, has a very rapid, three-word answer: “Ohio State's defense.

“It's the best defense I've seen on television or on film this season, and it's the best defense I've seen since I've been the offensive coordinator,” said Chudzinski, in his second year in that post.

“It's a huge challenge for us. We're going against the best defense in the country. We'll have to play extraordinary against this group to be successful. You look at them across the board and you just don't see any chinks in their armor. They give great effort, they have great technique, they don't stay blocked very long and they're great tacklers.”

Chudzinski isn't blowing smoke. If you think speed heavily favors the Hurricanes, he'll probably ask you what you're smoking.

“That's just a perception and I don't know if that's really the case,” he explained. “I look at the guys on their team [10 from Florida]. I know some of their guys and I remember seeing them in high school and how fast they were and how well they could run.

“Their defensive front runs as well as any defensive front you'll see. Their linebackers run as well as any linebackers and their secondary runs as well as any secondary. There's this perception that Miami is fast, and we are, but I don't think Ohio State is any less fast than we are. Look at position by position and I think they run as well as anyone in the country, including us.”

What's amazing about Miami's offense is that there are only four returning starters from last season. Eleven Miami players were taken in the last NFL draft, including seven from the offensive side. That would normally devastate most teams, but not the 'Canes.

Chudzinski is used to Miami's continual reloading (not rebuilding) process that keeps the chambers full. The former tight end, who starred on Miami's 1989 National Championship team, also played on the 1987 national-title team and was the offensive coordinator of the 'Canes' national-championship team last year.

It's ironic that a former Buckeye fan who grew up in Toledo would be coaching against the team he rooted for when he was in high school - with a national championship at stake.

“Growing up I thought I would end up, for sure, at a place like Notre Dame, Ohio State or Michigan, just growing up in that Big Ten area,” Chudzinski said.

But he was a somewhat small tight end when he was recruited out of St. John's. The Big Ten, at the time, was all about using its tight ends primarily as blockers rather than pass-catchers.

Chudzinski said Big Ten teams, including OSU, recruited him, but not particularly hard. He got a chance to visit Miami when he was recruited by Miami's current assistant head coach, Art Kehoe, and it was love at first sight.

“I really loved what I saw, just the people I was around, the atmosphere, the school itself, being a private school, and it just hit me and I knew this was the place I needed to go,” Chudzinski explained. “I liked their style of offense; Miami was an emerging program at the time and I wanted to go to someplace different.”

But there was one slight problem.

“Miami Vice was the big TV series at the time and my folks didn't have a chance to go down there with me on my recruiting visit,” Chudzinski stated. “So, when I came back I had to relay to them, and try to convince my mom that it really wasn't like Miami Vice.

“A lot of people didn't think I'd make it down there or that I'd never play down there. I just went in with the mindset that I wanted to go down there and see what I've got and see what happens. Fortunately, things worked out well for me and it's been a great experience.”

Chudzinski was Miami's first NCAA Post-Graduate Scholarship recipient. He was an honorable mention All-American as a sophomore in 1988, maintained a 4.0 grade-point average the following season, and was inducted into the Iron Arrow Society for his outstanding leadership, character and service at Miami.

Upon graduation, Chudzinski worked for a business consulting firm in Miami for three years before returning to the university to get a specialization for his master's degree in Business Administration in 1994. He became a football graduate assistant at the same time.

Former Miami head coach Butch Davis, now coach of the Cleveland Browns, gave Chudzinski a full-time position coaching the tight ends in 1996. Current coach Larry Coker made Chudzinski his offensive coordinator at the beginning of last season.

Chudzinski gets back to the Toledo area in the spring and summer to visit his parents and numerous family members who live in Fremont.

“I went to a Mud Hens game last summer; their new stadium is great and it's just a great place to watch a game,” he said. “I'm a big Triple-A baseball fan now after going to that game. It's a small atmosphere and it's just a really neat experience.”

Not so neat, however, is trying to get his family tickets for tomorrow's game, especially with everyone fumbling with their loyalties.

“My immediate family and relatives are all Ohio State fans in a big way,” Chudzinski explained. “I've got a lot of ticket requests for the game and I wasn't always sure what they were going to be dressing in if they did come to the game.

“Other than my immediate family, I think a lot of them will be wearing their Miami stuff, but wearing Ohio State underwear underneath.”

Why is Nick Saban a great recruiter? What about Urban Meyer?

These guys are notorious pricks but kids want to play for them because they are the best coaches in America and will get them ready to play on Sundays and win on Saturdays.

Also, they are only as good as their staff.

Al Golden was a great recruiter until everyone figured out he can't coach. Not a single person in Florida likes Paul Williams but he lands Artie Burns, Tracy Howard, Deon Buch, etc.

Being a great "recruiter" is a farce.

Recruiting is about winning, staff and "other" things (money and hoes).

It's not difficult to recruit at Miami. Even Golden the loser can do it. Do you realize his predecessors, Shannon and Coker might be the most unappealing people on the planet to a HS football player?

Kthanxbye

You didn't answer the question. Specifics.

And Chud doesn't have any.

Butch Davis has tons of successes. Even more than Saban.

Advertisement
Im killing you Chise...I understand if you want to admit I'm right.

I will accept your apology.

Yes you did lil' fella. Raise your trophy proudly.

2624954118.jpg

So you are saying he would have been too lazy to drive to Dalvin Cook's house and show him his 3 championship rings and NFL resume?

Are you saying he would be too lazy to hire a superior staff which includes actual football coaches?

So Justin Fuente is not lazy and is a great recruiter?

When Chud is hired and brings Cristobal down to serve as Asst HC will you be happy?

chud cant croot,like butch, its yet to be proven. my thing is y take da risk when da sith is available? y take da padawon learner

Advertisement
Back to the original point of the thread...Butch is toxic because of the UNC scandal. That is why he hasnt even been offered a job since 2010. He will never be offered another job until the NCAA hands out the UNC penalties, which are expected to be quite severe, and may possibly to probably include him.

Advertisement
Back to the original point of the thread...Butch is toxic because of the UNC scandal. That is why he hasnt even been offered a job since 2010. He will never be offered another job until the NCAA hands out the UNC penalties, which are expected to be quite severe, and may possibly to probably include him.

The NCAA, and the North Carolina Attorney General did in depth investigations, as did UNC, and it was unanimous.

Butch was clean.

The UNC Administration was dirty. Ten years before Butch got there.

These guys are notorious pricks but kids want to play for them because they are the best coaches in America and will get them ready to play on Sundays and win on Saturdays.

Al Golden was a great recruiter until everyone figured out he can't coach. Not a single person in Florida likes Paul Williams but he lands Artie Burns, Tracy Howard, Deon Buch, etc.

It's not difficult to recruit at Miami. Even Golden the loser can do it. Do you realize his predecessors, Shannon and Coker might be the most unappealing people on the planet to a HS football player?

Kthanxbye

Butch Davis has more successes then Saban? Dude, come on. Saban has multiple championships with more than one team.

Kthanxbye

Butch Davis has more successes then Saban? Dude, come on. Saban has multiple championships with more than one team.

You're not paying attention.

The subject matter was recruiting. Butch has had more top NFL players.

Advertisement
Back