Would Butch come as a DC?

Thank you for making my point *******!

You want a 65 year old coach that could only manage to win 8 games in three straight years at UNC with a totally loaded football team?

Butch has always been the best talent evaluator in the biz....but a below average head football coach.

Nick Saban is 63, Les Miles is 61, Bill Snyder is 75, Spurrier is 70, Tommy Tubberville is 60, Frank Beamer is 68......etc

Compare Oldest College Football Coaches

Lets not act like its totally outta the realm for someone 60+ to coach in modern CFB

Is the name calling really necessary?

Reproted.

Advertisement
Im not loving the 3 spot Tito put up against Ole Miss last year or the whopping 16 points against Temple.

I like the 24 points Chud put up against the Super Bowl Champs (Baltimore) with Brandon Weeden at QB in 2013.

Also like the 31 points he put up against the Vikings on the road with Brian Hoyer in 2013 and C. Ogbonnaya at RB.

He almost beat the Patriots in Gilette with Jason Campbell....lost 26-27.

He was given a piece of **** roster and won 4 games. He would have won 7-8 with Hoyer.

Chud is one of the top 5 offensive football minds on the FaCKING PLANET!

He has not taken another job because he is sitting on a 10.5 million buyout waiting for the Miami job to open up. He will be offered the job and will take it.

There were strong rumors last year that Chud was the guy if Golden was fired.

winning at Ohio State is different than winning at TCU dawg.

Fair point.

But making Memphis a winning program is far harder than making Houston a winning program.

Im not loving the 3 spot Tito put up against Ole Miss last year or the whopping 16 points against Temple.

Judge Fuente by what he does this year ...

Especially against Ole Miss, Temple, and Houston ...

Chise....love you man but are you f**king kidding?

Chud's Resume

1. 3 National Championhsip Ringz (2 as player);

2. Was named OC in 2001 and the Hurricanes won the national championship. A year later, the Canes offense set school records for points, total yards and rushing touchdowns;

3. In 2005, Chudzinski was hired as the tight ends coach of the San Diego Chargers. With the Chargers, he coached All-Pro tight end Antonio Gates. In 2007, Chudzinski was named the offensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns. That year the Cleveland Browns ranked eighth overall on offense, sent 4 offensive players to the Pro Bowl, and finished 2nd in the AFC North with a record of 10-6, their most wins since 1994;

4. In 2011, Chudzinski was named the Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator. He took one of the league's worst offenses in 2010 and transformed it into one of the top 10 offenses in 2011 with rookie quarterback Cam Newton. The Panthers finished seventh overall in the league on offense, fifth in points scored, and set a new franchise record for total yards in a season;

5. Coached under the great Butch Davis and played for Jimmy Johnson;

6. Has rolodex to put together great staff;

7. The Cleveland thing was a joke....was only given one year and his QB went down in game 4. Butch failed in Cleveland. Nick Saban failed in Miami. Means nothing.

Tito Fuente's Resume

Crickets.......

When your first enumerated point to support your choice is that he played on 2 NC teams that tells me how weak the case for Chud is.

Advertisement
Yes.

Thank you for making my point *******!

You want a 65 year old coach that could only manage to win 8 games in three straight years at UNC with a totally loaded football team?

Butch has always been the best talent evaluator in the biz....but a below average head football coach.

Nick Saban is 63, Les Miles is 61, Bill Snyder is 75, Spurrier is 70, Tommy Tubberville is 60, Frank Beamer is 68......etc

Compare Oldest College Football Coaches

Lets not act like its totally outta the realm for someone 60+ to coach in modern CFB

Is the name calling really necessary?

Reproted.

Advertisement
I have no interest in knocking Chud.

He might be the guy. And if he's interested, he definitely deserves consideration.

Jim Mora wasn't all that stellar in the NFL, but seems to be a fit in college ... Even though he had no real prior experience before accepting the UCLA job.

That noted:

1. 3 National Championhsip Ringz (2 as player); And he'll always be a Cane Hall of Famer

2. Was named OC in 2001 and the Hurricanes won the national championship. A year later, the Canes offense set school records for points, total yards and rushing touchdowns; And decided to leave the college game to be the TE coach in Cleveland. Seems like he prefers the pro game.

3. In 2005, Chudzinski was hired as the tight ends coach of the San Diego Chargers. With the Chargers, he coached All-Pro tight end Antonio Gates. In 2007, Chudzinski was named the offensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns. That year the Cleveland Browns ranked eighth overall on offense, sent 4 offensive players to the Pro Bowl, and finished 2nd in the AFC North with a record of 10-6, their most wins since 1994; Nobody doubts his ability as an OC. He's great at being an NFL OC

4. In 2011, Chudzinski was named the Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator. He took one of the league's worst offenses in 2010 and transformed it into one of the top 10 offenses in 2011 with rookie quarterback Cam Newton. The Panthers finished seventh overall in the league on offense, fifth in points scored, and set a new franchise record for total yards in a season; Mike Sherman failed as a college HC at TAMU ... Then Sumlin was hired, from Houston, and immediately won

6. Has rolodex to put together great staff; How do you know this, and how can it be proven?

And most importantly ...

Chud's record as OC was 35-3.

Tom Herman has a national title ring, coached for Urban Meyer, and went 38-3 as an OC.

Justin Fuente coached for Gary Patterson and went 36-3 as an OC.

Both have better records than Chud as an OC. And as coaches, Meyer is better than Butch ... And it could be argued Patterson is, too.

So, if that's really your criteria ... It looks like the "MAC coaches" should be in the running ...

Jim Mora had far more success as a HC in the NFL than Chud. And the 2 guys are polar opposite personalities. Mora is great fit as a college HC. He's energetic, fiery and loves recruiting. He's a natural. Chud is none of that. If fact, his personality is so bad that Cleveland players and support staff were dying to run him off.

Jim Mora is a lot more Pete Carroll than he is Chud. Just because a guy fails as a HC in the NFL doesn't mean that he will do well as a college HC. I don't get that type of rationale.

HE COMIN GUISE

chud-movie-remake-2.jpg

Why is Nick Saban a great recruiter? What about Urban Meyer?

These guys are notorious pricks but kids want to play for them because they are the best coaches in America and will get them ready to play on Sundays and win on Saturdays.

Also, they are only as good as their staff.

Al Golden was a great recruiter until everyone figured out he can't coach. Not a single person in Florida likes Paul Williams but he lands Artie Burns, Tracy Howard, Deon Buch, etc.

Being a great "recruiter" is a farce.

Recruiting is about winning, staff and "other" things (money and hoes).

It's not difficult to recruit at Miami. Even Golden the loser can do it. Do you realize his predecessors, Shannon and Coker might be the most unappealing people on the planet to a HS football player?

Id love to hear some specifics on Chuds recruiting abilities please

Kthanxbye

I like the 24 points Chud put up against the Super Bowl Champs (Baltimore) with Brandon Weeden at QB in 2013.

Also like the 31 points he put up against the Vikings on the road with Brian Hoyer in 2013 and C. Ogbonnaya at RB.

Did you like the 17 yards of total offense Chud put up in his first game as OC with Cleveland?

Advertisement
Why is Nick Saban a great recruiter? What about Urban Meyer?

These guys are notorious pricks but kids want to play for them because they are the best coaches in America and will get them ready to play on Sundays and win on Saturdays.

Also, they are only as good as their staff.

Al Golden was a great recruiter until everyone figured out he can't coach. Not a single person in Florida likes Paul Williams but he lands Artie Burns, Tracy Howard, Deon Buch, etc.

Being a great "recruiter" is a farce.

Recruiting is about winning, staff and "other" things (money and hoes).

It's not difficult to recruit at Miami. Even Golden the loser can do it. Do you realize his predecessors, Shannon and Coker might be the most unappealing people on the planet to a HS football player?

Kthanxbye
lol so nothing then?

Got it.

Advertisement
Complete bull**** chise.

The players in Cleveland loved him.

Chud might have more of a Saban or Meyer personality and that is fine. What about Dantonio or Helfrich.......

Jim Mora is all of a sudden the standard?

You are completely making this up.

I have no interest in knocking Chud.

He might be the guy. And if he's interested, he definitely deserves consideration.

Jim Mora wasn't all that stellar in the NFL, but seems to be a fit in college ... Even though he had no real prior experience before accepting the UCLA job.

That noted:

1. 3 National Championhsip Ringz (2 as player); And he'll always be a Cane Hall of Famer

2. Was named OC in 2001 and the Hurricanes won the national championship. A year later, the Canes offense set school records for points, total yards and rushing touchdowns; And decided to leave the college game to be the TE coach in Cleveland. Seems like he prefers the pro game.

3. In 2005, Chudzinski was hired as the tight ends coach of the San Diego Chargers. With the Chargers, he coached All-Pro tight end Antonio Gates. In 2007, Chudzinski was named the offensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns. That year the Cleveland Browns ranked eighth overall on offense, sent 4 offensive players to the Pro Bowl, and finished 2nd in the AFC North with a record of 10-6, their most wins since 1994; Nobody doubts his ability as an OC. He's great at being an NFL OC

4. In 2011, Chudzinski was named the Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator. He took one of the league's worst offenses in 2010 and transformed it into one of the top 10 offenses in 2011 with rookie quarterback Cam Newton. The Panthers finished seventh overall in the league on offense, fifth in points scored, and set a new franchise record for total yards in a season; Mike Sherman failed as a college HC at TAMU ... Then Sumlin was hired, from Houston, and immediately won

6. Has rolodex to put together great staff; How do you know this, and how can it be proven?

And most importantly ...

Chud's record as OC was 35-3.

Tom Herman has a national title ring, coached for Urban Meyer, and went 38-3 as an OC.

Justin Fuente coached for Gary Patterson and went 36-3 as an OC.

Both have better records than Chud as an OC. And as coaches, Meyer is better than Butch ... And it could be argued Patterson is, too.

So, if that's really your criteria ... It looks like the "MAC coaches" should be in the running ...

Jim Mora had far more success as a HC in the NFL than Chud. And the 2 guys are polar opposite personalities. Mora is great fit as a college HC. He's energetic, fiery and loves recruiting. He's a natural. Chud is none of that. If fact, his personality is so bad that Cleveland players and support staff were dying to run him off.

Jim Mora is a lot more Pete Carroll than he is Chud. Just because a guy fails as a HC in the NFL doesn't mean that he will do well as a college HC. I don't get that type of rationale.

I've got a paragraph in another thread giving Fuente credit for last season. It counts, for me.

But if some want to write it off as a lucky season, then look at this year.

I think Memphis will be even better.

Combining both years should make Fuente a "no brainer", even though folks are trying to downplay the 10-3 2014 season.

Judge Fuente by what he does this year ...

Especially against Ole Miss, Temple, and Houston ...

Why doesn't Fuente get credit for what he did last year?

Chise............

You have gone full tard dude. Fred Davis was the top WR prospect in the country in 2002 and would have been a Cane had Chud not left.

Chud was a great recruiter here despite working for clappy.

Nevertheless, he s optimistic about his future as a Trojan pass-catcher.

“I know my senior year wasn t as good as I wanted it to be, but that kind of stuff happens,” he said. “Now I m on a whole other playing level and I m out to prove they didn t waste their scholarship.”

Through the entire recruiting process Davis never really indicated which school he considered the most. Had Miami s former offensive coordinator, Rob Chudzinski, not joined the Cleveland Browns coaching staff, Davis probably would have been heading south instead of west. Chudzinski, a Toledo St. John s Jesuit graduate, had built a good rapport with Davis.

“That affected me a lot, said Davis, of Chudzinski s departure from Miami. “Miami was going to be No.1 on the list. If Chud still was there I d probably be there today.

And exactly where did Ohio State stack up on Davis final four college options?

Read more at Rogers Davis says USC is his choice - Toledo Blade

Kthanxbye

Here's 2 specifics: He hates it and is very bad at it.

Advertisement
Back