Worst Coaching Move of the Golden Era

Cane18

Freshman
Curious to hear opinions

For me it was the lack of any move in the second half of the Notre Dame game. Notre Dame ran on every
play of the second half (have never even seen that in a college game) and Golden made no adjustments,
not a run blitz, not an extra D lineman, not bringing up the safety, nothing. Still cannot believe it to this day,
how he can continue to coach the U and make $3,000,000 a year is mind boggling.

Advertisement
Dude, there's toooo many to count, to choose one. Here's 3 of my favorites. 1. Wussing out in the 2nd half vs. FSU and not staying aggressive with the "O". 2. Playing our LB's 8yds off the ball vs. GTech, regardless of down and distance. 3. Almost any **** game vs. UVA. U pick!

FSU 2nd half and following a close second is last years GT game. FSU proved he was a *****! GT was the most god awful display of coaching I've ever seen.

Advertisement
Yall should have seen how FSU played GT it was almost identical of their LB position as ours, the problem wasnt the LB positioning it was the constant 2 gapping that got us gashed, even FSU had trouble with them

Making **** Logan Thomas a potential Hiesman candidate...Dude was like 34-35 368 4tds throwing hitch routes to the sidelines, Losing to Duke (freakin' Duke), Making Mike London look like Tom Landry, and oh yeah going 6-7 with possibly the most talented roster since 2003.

GT and also the Duke game in Durham where they brought the white kid in at QB to run the ball from inside the 5 and we are in a 4-2 with both LB's standing on the letters in the endzone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Making **** Logan Thomas a potential Hiesman candidate...Dude was like 34-35 368 4tds throwing hitch routes to the sidelines, Losing to Duke (freakin' Duke), Making Mike London look like Tom Landry, and oh yeah going 6-7 with possibly the most talented roster since 2003.

Making Logan Thomas look like a stud was crushing to me.

Advertisement
Maryland 2011 - Couldn't stop the same play all game.
Boston College - 2011
Logan Thomas game
Mike London
Losing to Duke for the first time since the 1970s
Losing to Pitt at home for the first time in over 4 decades (if I remember that stat correctly)
Losing to UL to open the season
Losing to GT 2014
Pussying out in the second half of FSU
Getting blown out by ND
Getting annihilated by KSU

Having to be convinced to offer Denzel Perryman, Not firing Dorito, Paul Williams, our S&C coach, our dline coach, not firing Brennan Carol, hiring James Coley, having such a high attrition rate

Lastly
His incessant use of hashtags, excuse making, Running to PSU for a job, incessant lying, blaming players for failures, not heeding advice from Jimmy Johnson when it was given, abandoning what works (speed) at Miami for a more Big 10 slow, plodding style, ignoring his recruiting base for jersey coal shovelers

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back