Worried about SEC blocking future portal usage

The portal is basically going to be the transfer version of the Fantasy Football waiver wire when it's all said and done

Advertisement
We don't care about the SEC you know why
IncomparableDishonestBluejay-size_restricted.gif

It will probably notbe many. Most schools will try to build from scratch, meaning bringing in and developing freshmen.

Just pointing out the direction all this could go. The truth is, nobody knows how this will all even out...that's why businesses hate change. You just don't know what a new rule will mean in the end.

Thanks for responding

After further research it seems the major change is that it opens up more opportunities for players seeking to transfer instead of them having to select their transfer school on their own. i.e. I'm available who wants me?

As per ESPN:

As of Oct. 15, 2018, a change in the NCAA transfer rules allows student-athletes to enter their name into a "transfer portal," allowing other schools to initiate contact.

This allows players to publicly seek a new school without being blocked by their coaches or administrators. However, such a move doesn't come without risks. Players who have not graduated still have to sit out a year to become eligible after transferring, unless they are approved for a hardship waiver.

And schools are now allowed to cancel or reduce financial aid at the end of the semester once the notification of transfer is signed, and they are under no obligation to keep the player on the roster. They can effectively revoke the player's scholarship for officially shopping around.
So, at the of fall semester, player wants to test the waters and enter the portal. His school can drop him from scholarship for rest of school year? He gets no offer and wants to stay at same school. He can't because he has lost the scholarship?

Advertisement
So, at the of fall semester, player wants to test the waters and enter the portal. His school can drop him from scholarship for rest of school year? He gets no offer and wants to stay at same school. He can't because he has lost the scholarship?

From what I know, if the school he is transferring from WANTS TO drop or take his scholarship after he enters the portal....They can

Bags are NOT just delivered only once when a recruit signs...remember Reggie Bush USC

Bags are given periodically throughout the player's attendance.

You really think a crook recruit at a crooked school only wants one dip? He also wants to be maintained. The size and frequency depends on how much they want that bought player to stay.

That is how Bagology is practiced at the highest (SEC) levels. Lol
Main........I always thought that it must be a **** of a task to do the "maintenance on a bag athlete" to keep him tuned in. If he was a good prospect, (and is not playing) would it reflect on the school and Coaches if the said player has plans for the next year, and prevent his jump to the portal..... and the bag is increased in order for him to stay, and that is looked on as a maintenance cost?.....curious.

Advertisement
Main........I always thought that it must be a **** of a task to do the "maintenance on a bag athlete" to keep him tuned in. If he was a good prospect, (and is not playing) would it reflect on the school and Coaches if the said player has plans for the next year, and prevent his jump to the portal..... and the bag is increased in order for him to stay, and that is looked on as a maintenance cost?.....curious.

I would think so

Advertisement
Back