Soccer World Cup

Advertisement
Pelé and Maradona are a level above Mbappe …as is Messi in his prime
Always difficult to compare the greats of different eras in all/ sports tbh
I hear you , man. Right now I’m in heaven . Don’t mind me . Been an Argentina fanatic for almost 40 years .
Congrats man. Right team won. Had the France staff not subbed b4 the half, it might have been 3 nill you guys in the first 45 minutes.

Messi had two Ballon d'Ors at the age of 22, was a two time Champions League winner at 24 and won another two Ballon d'Or whilst Mbappe is currently running around.

Don't talk to me about better careers. Don't even attempt it.
I won't because you apparently can't even read what I wrote to begin with

I won't because you apparently can't even read what I wrote to begin with
I read what you wrote. And I countered.

Congrats on Mbappe having a better career than Messi at the WC so far. Doesn't mean **** at all, so...

Advertisement
Agreed.

Also Di Maria was borderline dominant today and taking him out changed a lot for Argentina that would have ended it earlier.

Also more minor but I thought the ref missed a card when Lloris was hit in the stomach on the jump ball. That looked deliberate to me.
Di Maria had a great day indeed. I think he was subbed at least partly because he has a nagging injury

Di Maria had a great day indeed. I think he was subbed at least partly because he has a nagging injury
Di Maria had a hamstring injury all WC. I was surprised he played at all and thought it was a mistake. He proved me wrong lol

As for that thing with Lloris, well, shouldn't have been a foul called in the first place. Upamecano pushed the attacker into Lloris.

He's like, "I'm gunna slay so much *** in Buenos Aires that I need an actual glove..."

Screenshot_20221218_162041_Fox News.jpg

Screenshot_20221218_162048_Fox News.jpg

Advertisement
Well, if you put Messi in the era of Pele, it wouldn't even be close. Recency bias is bull****, the game changes and develops into something that goes so far beyond what former players could do.

Let me put it this way, Pele ran as much in a 90 minute soccer game as amateur soccer players are doing right now.

There are levels to this madness.
Nobody knows the greatest ever it’s hard to compare…except MJ.

With that, the true greats would have adapted which is why they were the greatest of their era to begin with.

Hmmm, I saw it from multiple angles & slow mo. I didn’t see contact, & if it was, very minimal. And that’s my problem w/ the sport.

There was contact at the end, but the Argentine player was already initiating his dive. His body posture was falling forward. It was a weak as **** foul, there's worse stuff that goes on every corner or set piece. He sold the foul, dove, but that wasn't a PK foul in any game, let alone a WC Final. I'm not blaming the guy, he acted it out as he should at that spot. Dembele was in utter shock at the call.

Advertisement
Plus Messi creates for others and isn’t strictly a scorer
You’re my boy, but Messi is the GOAT. tell me you don’t watch a lot of European soccer without telling me you don’t watch European Soccer.

MBappe had had 28 goals and 17 assist last year for PSG. He’s a forward and sometimes plays in the wing.

Different position than Messi. A more fair comparison is MBappe and Ronaldo in terms of the style of play.

Advertisement
Honestly, that’s been the word w/in the Futbol community. I was reading comments & ppl were giving scores & situations b4 the game began, stating it was set for Messi & for FIFA to have an incredible WC Final so ppl will take their attention of the mess & problems that’s been leaking.

I dunno; all I know is that was a great game & rigged or not, I had no dog in the fight so it was good for me.
I dislike Argentina but they took it to France today from the get go

That first penalty should not have been awarded. That was bull crap but it was made up later in the match with the first France PK.

Argentina since they reached the knockout stage have earned it. Two PK wins. Their keeper is a beast and they converted their kicks.

Credit where it’s due.

Bro, that save in extra time to send it to PK was epic. France was inches away from winning it in the last second, & the Goal Keeper made a sick split save.
That was the game. You had the momentum. You absolutely have to score on a breakaway.

Fvkk around and find out was the result.

Advertisement
Back