Soccer World Cup

Advertisement
I think the talk came after that phantom first PK to put Argentina up 1-0. Clearly dude tripped over himself w/ no contact. Regardless, I’m not here for all of that; the game was absolutely fascinating & captivating.
Phantom?

No. No, no, no.

You want to know the first telling sign that it was a penalty? When the player who committed the foul does not protest.

Dembele didn't protest. He ran into the back of his heel and caused the trip.

Recency bias? Pele played in the 1960s.

Messi is playing in an era where players run 12 km per game and defenses are 5000x more sophisticated.
That’s what happens in any sport, the game changes. Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have players like Maradona and Pele up there with Messi. I’d be cool with any order of those 3.

That’s what happens in any sport, the game changes. Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have players like Maradona and Pele up there with Messi. I’d be cool with any order of those 3.
Well, if you put Messi in the era of Pele, it wouldn't even be close. Recency bias is bull****, the game changes and develops into something that goes so far beyond what former players could do.

Let me put it this way, Pele ran as much in a 90 minute soccer game as amateur soccer players are doing right now.

There are levels to this madness.

Advertisement
Not the biggest soccer fan but presented with opportunity to watch a world cup final with these story lines and two of the biggest stars of the sport and they both deliver the performances that they did, it was amazing especially that late 2nd half on. Have always heard about Messi and respect his greatness so cool to see what he achieved but Mbappe putting team on his back late and just goin on that all out assault was impressive as **** also.. To see what he has accomplish at young age is dope..

The passion the world has for sport anybody who is into sports can respect. Dope to see the high level of play and top players play their best with Legacies on the line.. INSANE ending

Regardless of any GOAT discussions, which I won't continue because I'm right and everyone else is stupid (I am kidding, its a joke, don't get upset at me), here's my personal highlight:

20221218_213255.jpg

@Dr.L.ThugU this guy has the biggest cojones on the pitch. Told my dad Argentina will win because of him.

Advertisement
I hear you , man. Right now I’m in heaven . Don’t mind me . Been an Argentina fanatic for almost 40 years .
Was Roy Williams a guest coach??

Low blow I know. We hurt those we love the most.

Incredible grit with no quit by Argentina.

Congrats on the W amongst the world's biggest stage.

Well he's already had a better career in the World Cup than Messi and that's the biggest stage in the world
Messi had two Ballon d'Ors at the age of 22, was a two time Champions League winner at 24 and won another two Ballon d'Or whilst Mbappe is currently running around.

Don't talk to me about better careers. Don't even attempt it.

Messi had two Ballon d'Ors at the age of 22, was a two time Champions League winner at 24 and won another two Ballon d'Or whilst Mbappe is currently running around.

Don't talk to me about better careers. Don't even attempt it.
Who does MBappe play for professionally??

Advertisement
Let’s not kid ourselves. A France team with Benzema, Pogba, and Kante are vastly superior to Argentina. Even without those three, they are a phantom penalty and a world-class save in the 120th minute from repeating as champs. I’m happy that the stars aligned for Messi to finally win one, but France should be equally proud of what they accomplished.

Last edited:
Phantom?

No. No, no, no.

You want to know the first telling sign that it was a penalty? When the player who committed the foul does not protest.

Dembele didn't protest. He ran into the back of his heel and caused the trip.

Hmmm, I saw it from multiple angles & slow mo. I didn’t see contact, & if it was, very minimal. And that’s my problem w/ the sport.

Advertisement
Who does MBappe play for professionally??
The same team Messi plays for.

And Messi has more goal contributions than Mbappe in this season as we speak.

I really don't think people get how much Messi and Ronaldo have raised the game to a standard where elite professional players have absolute bonkers of a season and will never be able to reach what Messi and Ronaldo have done.

Mbappe is the next guy in line because Neymar couldn't hold the standard up. And we'll see where he will go. But Mbappe needs to raise his game even further to get where these two are.

Hmmm, I saw it from multiple angles & slow mo. I didn’t see contact, & if it was, very minimal. And that’s my problem w/ the sport.
You can jog in front of me and I give you a light tap of the ankle.

You'll fall and then you'll try to punch my face in. Believe me. I've been in this situation so many times...

Advertisement
Back