Soccer World Cup

Advertisement
Honestly, that’s been the word w/in the Futbol community. I was reading comments & ppl were giving scores & situations b4 the game began, stating it was set for Messi & for FIFA to have an incredible WC Final so ppl will take their attention of the mess & problems that’s been leaking.

I dunno; all I know is that was a great game & rigged or not, I had no dog in the fight so it was good for me.
Yeah I’m sure it was a Qonspiracy. Qrazy

Fantastic game, absolutely. If Argentina was going to win it, I would've rather it been at the foot of Messi in regulation. Great player, respect his game, how can you not, but I'm not crazy about him like many are.

Game should've been over in regular time though. First PK, Messi took and scored on, should've never been. That was a dive as much as Thuram's dive late on the second half that wasn't called.

Hate seeing games come down to a shootout, but that's the game. Both teams deserved to win.

Mbappe is and was the best player on the field. LMAO at people saying he doesn't create. You literally have to group defend him with two or three defenders. That frees up so much space for everyone else. Watch how when he gets the ball the defenders flow that way and of there's a sliver of space he'll waste them.

Him and Haaland will be this generations Ronaldo and Messi.

Fantastic game, absolutely. If Argentina was going to win it, I would've rather it been at the foot of Messi in regulation. Great player, respect his game, how can you not, but I'm not crazy about him like many are.

Game should've been over in regular time though. First PK, Messi took and scored on, should've never been. That was a dive as much as Thuram's dive late on the second half that wasn't called.

Hate seeing games come down to a shootout, but that's the game. Both teams deserved to win.

Mbappe is and was the best player on the field. LMAO at people saying he doesn't create. You literally have to group defend him with two or three defenders. That frees up so much space for everyone else. Watch how when he gets the ball the defenders flow that way and of there's a sliver of space he'll waste them.

Agreed.

Also Di Maria was borderline dominant today and taking him out changed a lot for Argentina that would have ended it earlier.

Also more minor but I thought the ref missed a card when Lloris was hit in the stomach on the jump ball. That looked deliberate to me.

Advertisement

Bro, that save in extra time to send it to PK was epic. France was inches away from winning it in the last second, & the Goal Keeper made a sick split save.

Dembele is fine as a player, but that a bad match up back there. Di Maria should win that most of the time.

France has to be crushed by this loss. They shouldn't be, they gave it their all. Both teams had a lot of opportunities that didn't go. Still, they had a lot of firepower out with injuries before the Cup started.

As for GOAT player of all time. Too many differences between positions and eras. A lot of the sport today are super teams facing off against normal human teams. It'd be like a high school team going up against the collegiate winner or even lower tier MLS team.

What a game though. Sensational really.

Advertisement
Bro, that save in extra time to send it to PK was epic. France was inches away from winning it in the last second, & the Goal Keeper made a sick split save.

No doubt. Even when he made his PK, you could just tell he was still thinking back to that moment. Kid runs like a gazeele, long legs, fluid, and fast. Had that shot slotted bottom right corner and the Argentine keeper snuffed it out. Was literally an inch away from heading home the Mbappe cross at the end as well.

The one thing most casual observers don't understand about this sport is how it is literally defined by fractions of an inch. Every touch, you've gotta account for the rotation of the ball, how to hit it, and how you'll follow through or curl your foot, etc. So many factors and the amount of time professional soccer players put into their craft is insane compared to most sports.

both teams deserved to win?

You must've missed the first 80 minutes...

This was the most ball dont lie finish in the history of ball dont lie

No doubt. Even when he made his PK, you could just tell he was still thinking back to that moment. Kid runs like a gazeele, long legs, fluid, and fast. Had that shot slotted bottom right corner and the Argentine keeper snuffed it out. Was literally an inch away from heading home the Mbappe cross at the end as well.

The one thing most casual observers don't understand about this sport is how it is literally defined by fractions of an inch. Every touch, you've gotta account for the rotation of the ball, how to hit it, and how you'll follow through or curl your foot, etc. So many factors and the amount of time professional soccer players put into their craft is insane compared to most sports.

I would lying if I said I was the biggest futbol enthusiast or understand all of the intricacies of the game. Frankly, the dives, flops, & fake injuries every 5 mins irk the chit out of me. However, skill wise? Condition wise? These r some of the premiere athletes in any sport. I’ve tried to play just pick up soccer & it takes any incredible amount of skills, coordination, accuracy, agility, and wits to play this game, especially at that level.

Advertisement
37B159A9-7B71-44AD-A7B3-EE8577260727.jpeg

both teams deserved to win?

You must've missed the first 80 minutes...

This was the most ball dont lie finish in the history of ball dont lie

One goal lead in a big game is usually a winner. There's a reason there's only been one team (Argentina prior) to go down a goal and come back to win the final. France chases at that point Argentina just plays keep away like Spain did when they won 8 years ago.

France didn't panic. Argentina was doing magnificent, but they ran themselves out going for all those 50 / 50 balls. They were out hustling France, but France knew they (Argentina) couldn't keep that pace up all game. They went down and then came the subs to pick Frances pace up. Argentina isn't as deep as France, so they played the long game.

Both coaches coached their asses off. They traded blows back and forth. I'd say 60 minutes was the turning point or thereabouts. France leveled it off and then became the threat. That's literally half the game. Did you watch it or do you understand it?

Advertisement
I would lying if I said I was the biggest futbol enthusiast or understand all of the intricacies of the game. Frankly, the dives, flops, & fake injuries every 5 mins irk the chit out of me. However, skill wise? Condition wise? These r some of the premiere athletes in any sport. I’ve tried to play just pick up soccer & it takes any incredible amount of skills, coordination, accuracy, agility, and wits to play this game, especially at that level.

I like it when players play through a foul, but the idea behind all that is you've lost your advantage or step and been pushed off your line, maybe even lost a step or three, so you drop. The imaginary fouls, I don't like them at all, but I understand them.

There's sports toy can pick up and get good or even elite pretty fast. This isn't one of them.

Honestly, that’s been the word w/in the Futbol community. I was reading comments & ppl were giving scores & situations b4 the game began, stating it was set for Messi & for FIFA to have an incredible WC Final so ppl will take their attention of the mess & problems that’s been leaking.

I dunno; all I know is that was a great game & rigged or not, I had no dog in the fight so it was good for me.
I've seen rigged games, this was far from it lol

That's what has made me appreciate Messi more over time. He's an amazing scorer in his own right. But what a distributor and team player. Been a privilege to watch him play over the years.

He's not so much forward now like before. More of an CAM (center attacking midfielder) as he'll drift wide as well, and his passing ability is off the chain. Modric is the best distributor of the ball IMO through the last decade or so, but Messi is easily his equal when he's playing the role in the twilight of his career.

Advertisement
Back