Word is, M. Richt will hire an OC

Has Whoop confirmed this?

If it's true, it only cost UM $12,000,000 for someone to come to the realization that UM - like all other teams in the nation - needs an Offensive Coordinator - who will probably be up in the box so he can see what the **** is going on!

Advertisement
How realistic is it that Richt goes out and hires somebody to help him modernize and revamp his playbook, but, in the end, chooses to continue to call the plays?

What high level offensive guy is going to come here and just help create a playbook and then just stand around? Where in the staff does someone even fit? Unless Brown, Dugans or lil Richt leave, we don’t have room for another coach/co OC on offense. The only way I see it playing out is if we bring in someone to be an off field assistant similar to what Saban has been doing at Bama with all the coaches recently who have been fired. We bring in an “analyst” who helps with game planning.

Has Whoop confirmed this?

If it's true, it only cost UM $12,000,000 for someone to come to the realization that UM - like all other teams in the nation - needs an Offensive Coordinator - who will probably be up in the box so he can see what the **** is going on!

But bro we have Jon Richt in the booth reading defenses with all that knowledge dropped on him from his days ballin’ at Mars Hill

There’s no way even if this were true that some poster at 247 posts it and everyone els we know to have sources hasn’t heard anything. This wouldn’t be discussed mid season with board of trustee meetings or with boosters. This type of discussion would happen December at earliest or sometime after the season.
Not really. We were quick to fire Golden after the Clemson beatdown. Now I don't see us firing Richt, nor should we, but we need to go pay for a real OC. We've thrown OC money and titles at people that don't do much of any OCing, and if we were winning and moving the ball no one would care. The fact we have three OCs and the O looks like crap, I guarantee you people care. Those guys are stealing money by having a title they don't deserve.

By discussing this mid season, OCs know we are looking now, instead of finding out about the opening after they just signed a deal with someone else.

Advertisement
If we have to make room on the coaching roster, maybe it's Diaz getting a HC slot and Rekt take over defensive playcalling and we get Bobo.....

Ha.. He should be nominated for father of the year if he pulls that one off.

Doesn't Jon have a young child? Mark the dad & grandfather isn't sending his son & grandchild somewhere else. Especially when Jon wouldn't be immune to being fired in any hypothetical position elsewhere. Cmr knows Jon would have to produce anywhere else. He won't do that him.

I agree he won’t do it for the reasons you stated.....and this is why nepotism rules are there. But I guess we don’t have them.

Advertisement
I'll believe it when I see it in regards to Richt hiring an OC.

This is the exact same administration that kept telling Golden he needed to get rid of his buddy at DC. And Golden dug his heels every time.

But they're going to force Richt to hire an OC and update his philosophy in year 3? Richt who has by far more cache and a much better resume than Golden.

Yeah......this isn't happening, fellas. If Richt does hire an OC, then there's hope as he recognized his current philosophy and scheme doesn't work anymore. But it won't be because Blake James suddenly grew a pair over night.

Just like everyone else, I hope he hires an OC.

What I don’t get is the whole point of him leaving UGA and coming home was for him to call plays and be re-invigorated, regain that passion he once had. So why the **** is his offense so vanilla and bland. That’s not fun for anyone, not for the players and certainly not for him.

He didn’t leave UGA
He was fired by UGA
He didn’t voluntarily leave UGA and came here because we would let him call plays.

Advertisement
Time will tell. But, we simply cannot afford yet another year end collapse. Must beat BC and Duke. VT might be excuable.................

By discussing this mid season, OCs know we are looking now, instead of finding out about the opening after they just signed a deal with someone else.

I highly doubt any successful OC is reading the Miami boards or browsing the few groups on Facebook. Outside of that no one knows anything about this.

Miami fans stay living in the past.

W3LJcfa7xCWpa.gif

Advertisement
Tiny update. So everybody is asking dude to pm them, he told them he can't give out the information but concerning the issue about the coaching spots, is that it's being worked out and maintains that everyone is gonna love who the possibilities are

Tiny update. So everybody is asking dude to pm them, he told them he can't give out the information but concerning the issue about the coaching spots, is that it's being worked out and maintains that everyone is gonna love who the possibilities are

Seems legit!

Let lil Richt go or groom him in an analyst role. Big Richt can then be head coach and quarterbacks coach. Now we have room for a real OC.

Advertisement
Back