Wooga Poplar

Advertisement
Agreed. He’s a very big piece of the puzzle.

In before, CIS medical history review starts…

“ I fell off a ladder once from that height and ruptured my whole body, but I was 46, hopefully with the advanced orthopedics and modern medicine Wooga’s age and athleticism will pull him through… it was at least a 4-6 week recovery”….

“The way he landed didn’t look good …”

“when he came back he had a limp… could be paralysis…”

“when I had that, I needed acupuncture, massage therapy and a witch doctor… still 8-12 weeks”

Greatest Of All Time Baseball GIF by Mason Report

:ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Maudes: Please forward this post directly to the CIS Hall of Fame.

Most explosive guy on the team. He has all american all over his future. The better his handles get the more of a problem he is going to be. I am already excited about next year and we still in it to win it. Pop is going to posterize dudes next year. I think Joseph can be a smaller version of WP too, just doesn't know how good he can be. Future is bright.
I hope you're right though I don't see Wooga in quite that exalted light (All-American). He's already a very nice player for us and I agree he still has plenty of upside.

As for Ben Joseph, I see him as continuing to play a reserve role and being our defensive stopper in the backcourt. He's a streaky outside shooter but has trouble doing anything with the ball when he tries to penetrate a defense and get to the rack or kick the ball back out (unlike Wong, who has always been a master at that). I think our starting PG for next season (assuming Wong leaves) may still be out there in this year's Portal.

Advertisement
Long and short is we need every single player to be ready for the next 1-4 games. Every team we play will be really good, and we start with the toughest test maybe of all in Houston. And we will desperately need Wooga’s athleticism in this game. We have to be able to rebound from the guard position and finish at the rim. Wooga was made for a game like this.

Advertisement
I hope you're right though I don't see Wooga in quite that exalted light (All-American). He's already a very nice player for us and I agree he still has plenty of upside.

As for Ben Joseph, I see him as continuing to play a reserve role and being our defensive stopper in the backcourt. He's a streaky outside shooter but has trouble doing anything with the ball when he tries to penetrate a defense and get to the rack or kick the ball back out (unlike Wong, who has always been a master at that). I think our starting PG for next season (assuming Wong leaves) may still be out there in this year's Portal.
I think Wooga is just scratching the surface. Just elevate his game the next two years and I think AA is a legit possibility. The 3 in bold are impressive.

STATS
2022-23
2021-22

GPMINFG%3P%FT%REBASTBLKSTLPFTOPTS

Last edited:
I think Wooga potentially has the ability to best the best player on the team. Of course Omier is improving too big time. He is incredibly athletic and a tough defender. When you put his tenacity together with his shooting ability along with his flare no one on the team compares and he has more years to develop. He need to play or else it will be a tough game to upend Houston.

Advertisement
He’s a good player but there is a reason he is our 7th man. He doesn’t have the consistency to bring it every game. But next game he might score 15 because he has some real talent.
He doesn’t have a healthy back, that’s why he’s the 7th man. You never know what he’s going to do because his back is a wreck.

Advertisement
He doesn’t have a healthy back, that’s why he’s the 7th man. You never know what he’s going to do because his back is a wreck.
Fair enough but the results are that he is inconsistent. So when someone complains about his inconsistent production, as happened here, I will argue that his role on the team as 7th man is indicative of the inconsistent production. It’s not a knock on him as much as it is a fact.
And as you noted, if his back feels good he might give us a lot.
Even against IU he only hit 1 shot, a 3 pointer, but it was important He definitely has skills and talent.

Was this back issue from a prior injury (as opposed to the fall a few days ago), or a general back issue he’s had for a while? I had not noticed during the regular season that there were any issues, granted he’s the second or third guy off the bench, so it’s not like he was playing 20 to 30 minutes a game before.

Advertisement
Back