Wish we had fsu crowd

Advertisement
Having the Walk ons stunt on us was the icing on the cake. The let down of next year is going to really shock some people on here

Having the Walk ons stunt on us was the icing on the cake. The let down of next year is going to really shock some people on here

I'm not sure how even that crowd would be shocked watching the product that is currently being put out there. A more veteran team running our trash would not fare that much better.

Advertisement
Let me comment on FSU’s attendance...

This is a program that might be the most “on the rise” program in the country. Coming off b2b elite 8 appearances and this year looks like a top 5 squad (regardless of ranking). Their pulling in elite classes with a great head coach and assistants that know how to plug the right pieces to play their style. They are here to stay and their fan base understands that. Hence the great attendance the last few years. If Virginia doesn’t get their act together FSU might be replacing them as a blue blood in ACC

Why does our fan base love to blow FSU so much, regardless of the sport, so weird.
Now their BB program is replacing Virginia!?!?

...they have 3 times more students that live on campus than we do. and WTF is to do on a Saturday afternoon in the trailer park known as Tallahassee? our college kids are out at the beach or hanging out in the city.
Weak excuse. Our facility has 40% less seats.

Advertisement
Why does our fan base love to blow FSU so much, regardless of the sport, so weird.
Now their BB program is replacing Virginia!?!?
They can recruit at a much much higher level than Virginia if they continue their success.

and lmao at “blowing them” They are coming off b2b elite appearances. Something this program has never done. They also are a top ten team in the nation right now. I like Hamilton and wish he never would have left here. These are facts, not the fan base “blowing them”

...they have 3 times more students that live on campus than we do. and WTF is to do on a Saturday afternoon in the trailer park known as Tallahassee? our college kids are out at the beach or hanging out in the city.

Not trying to be a d!ck but I would seriously bet it's way more than three times on campus. Miami is a commuter school -- most undergrads don't live on campus.

Not trying to be a d!ck but I would seriously bet it's way more than three times on campus. Miami is a commuter school -- most undergrads don't live on campus.
I'd say it's more than that. The whole **** city is the University. Just a sliver of even Coral Gables is dedicated to the school. You don't even really see students living more than a few blocks off campus. It's night and day. Their undergrad enrollment is 32K+. Ours is 11K. So your guess actually nails it, before even figuring in how many kids commute from like Kendall and Miami Shores.

Let me comment on FSU’s attendance...

This is a program that might be the most “on the rise” program in the country. Coming off b2b elite 8 appearances and this year looks like a top 5 squad (regardless of ranking). Their pulling in elite classes with a great head coach and assistants that know how to plug the right pieces to play their style. They are here to stay and their fan base understands that. Hence the great attendance the last few years. If Virginia doesn’t get their act together FSU might be replacing them as a blue blood in ACC
Hamilton is their coach. They will always fold in the tournament.

Advertisement
They can recruit at a much much higher level than Virginia if they continue their success.

and lmao at “blowing them” They are coming off b2b elite appearances. Something this program has never done. They also are a top ten team in the nation right now. I like Hamilton and wish he never would have left here. These are facts, not the fan base “blowing them”
Five straight 20 win seasons now for FSU.

The attendance issue again? We suck therefore nobody is going to show up. End of story. Worse than that, the season was thrown away before it even started.

The attendance issue again? We suck therefore nobody is going to show up. End of story. Worse than that, the season was thrown away before it even started.
IIRC, attendance wasn't anything to write home about even when we won the ACC reg season and Tourney championship, or in other seasons when we were good! Attendance was not nearly as bad as now but ... we've never really drawn.

Lame excuses: students and fans all at the beach on weekend afternoons, a student "activity day" with frisbee tossing and free pizza at the same time as the Saturday PM game time, evening games are either too early or too late, parking is bad, weather is too hot or too chilly, etc etc. In earlier years, it was -- we need an on-campus facility, which will solve all attendance issues. Not!

Advertisement
We're never going to be Duke, but if we started having sweet 16 type seasons every year, most games against quality opponents would be sold out. Seasons like this one kill the next 3 seasons for attendance.

We're never going to be Duke, but if we started having sweet 16 type seasons every year, most games against quality opponents would be sold out. Seasons like this one kill the next 3 seasons for attendance.
How do you define "quality opponents?" All ACC teams, or just the blue bloods in the Conference and around the nation. If it's the latter, you're only talking about a couple sellouts a season. When the BUC opened, I really expected all ACC games to sell out. That hasn't come close to happening.

Yup. It also doesn’t help that we have a walking corpse on our sideline.

Advertisement
Back