Winston...

Advertisement
As are all passing numbers in this decade.

dude on 620Wdae said there were 8 teams that had a legit chance to win the Super Bowl due to their QB position and listed the Bucs as one of those teams. Everyone needs to pump the ******* brakes.

Jameis has looked really good at times and really bad others as any rookie would. Josh Freeman had a couple of good years for the Bucs at QB too.

If I had to bet on it, I would put my money on Jameis being pretty good as a pro. But how fast the whole Tampa Bay area has been to anoint him is hilarious.

That is so true. Slurping isn't descriptive enough for how they drool over this clown.

I've lived here a long time, and this is the first year I can't root for the team.

Its obvious to see the ones crapping on Winston without np context. I keep seeing Winston has more than Mariota to work with. Wtf does Winston have? Vjax has hit that stage in his career where he can no longer stay healthy, Evans leads the league in dropped balls, the rest of our WRs are practice squad players on any other roster, our oline sucks, and we have to use max protection just to keep Winston standing in the pocket.

This. People looking at a opening day roster and thinking he had weapons all year? VJax and ASJ were essentially hurt the entire season. Evans has had more drops then I have ever seen from a WR in a season.

He was throwing to a couple practice squad guys and a harvard TE for most of the year playing behind a overachieving, yet still average/bad pass pro line.

Not sure the need to compare to mariota. It is possible for both to be good at the same time. Mariotta progressed more then most people thought in year 1 but his lack of ability to throw it down field limits his ceiling IYAM. Plus a lot of dual threat QBs have had good rookie years until teams adjusted (RGIII, VY). Cam is the exception and MM is no Cam.

Winston had a great year. Take away what college he went to and 95% of the people ITT would agree with that statement.

Advertisement
Back