Winston...

Its obvious to see the ones crapping on Winston without np context. I keep seeing Winston has more than Mariota to work with. Wtf does Winston have? Vjax has hit that stage in his career where he can no longer stay healthy, Evans leads the league in dropped balls, the rest of our WRs are practice squad players on any other roster, our oline sucks, and we have to use max protection just to keep Winston standing in the pocket.

LMAO at this dumbass post. Mariota's best WR is Kendall Wright, who would be the 3rd best WR on the Bucs and has missed more games than VJax anyway. Mariota's #2 WR is DGB who is a Pop Warner version of Evans...probably the most unreliable WR in the league. Harry Douglas is their slot and he's an old washed up version of Adam Humphries who you deem a "practice squad player". Titans have the worst run game in the NFL - it doesn't even exist - while Bucs have the best RB tandem in the NFL. Both OLs are bad but Jeremiah turnstyle Poutasi is much worse than any Bucs OL, so that's the tiebreaker.

It's not even close. Replace Mariota with Winston and the Titans would have the worst offense of all time.

Advertisement
JW is immature, impulsive, and acts like a spoiled child. He did so again last night and I suspect it is only a matter of time before he does something stupid in a club or party..................

Oh, he is leading his team to 6-10 after they looked improved against some of the weakest competition in the NFL.

What are your thoughts on Johnny manziel then ? I'll wait hmmm...

JM is a drunk who has no self-control. He will achieve third string status next year.

Been to every Bucs game this year, and those who are only looking at his stats don't know what they don't know. Aside from the first 2 games, the guy has been playing excellent football. His maturity, anticipation, accuracy, and leadership, are off the charts for where he is in his career and for his age. His Oline is weak at pass protection, and he's had 1 Wr who has been up and down. The Bucs lead the league in drops and penalties which has dramatically affected his stats.

Regardless, the team has most definitely rallied around him. DMart has had a nice year, but there is clearly and only 1 boss on that team at this point- Jameis. There is not one single doubt in my mind that this is now his team. He's the most impressive rookie QB I've seen in years. As far Marcus M, he's also had a fantastic year. Both franchises got the right guys for their respective teams. The league needed better QB play and got it with these two.

Advertisement
Been to every Bucs game this year, and those who are only looking at his stats don't know what they don't know. Aside from the first 2 games, the guy has been playing excellent football. His maturity, anticipation, accuracy, and leadership, are off the charts for where he is in his career and for his age. His Oline is weak at pass protection, and he's had 1 Wr who has been up and down. The Bucs lead the league in drops and penalties which has dramatically affected his stats.

Regardless, the team has most definitely rallied around him. DMart has had a nice year, but there is clearly and only 1 boss on that team at this point- Jameis. There is not one single doubt in my mind that this is now his team. He's the most impressive rookie QB I've seen in years. As far Marcus M, he's also had a fantastic year. Both franchises got the right guys for their respective teams. The league needed better QB play and got it with these two.

Wait...so you think he played well on Thursday night? If you do you weren't watching the **** game. He was horrible. Probably 8 overthrows. His yards all came in garbage time against soft zone in the 4th. Then he used his "leadership skillz" to rally his team only to seal the game with a sweet INT.

He has had some good games and some ****** games. Overall for you to say he has had a nice year make you look like a Winston sack-sniffer.

There a top of QBs in the NFL that had a great "year one" and now are carrying clip boards
- The league eventually figures out what you do well and they take it away from you and make you adjust and develop your weaknesses

Lets see if Jamis will do the work to get better .... I am not sold at this point

Wait...so you think he played well on Thursday night? If you do you weren't watching the **** game. He was horrible. Probably 8 overthrows. His yards all came in garbage time against soft zone in the 4th. Then he used his "leadership skillz" to rally his team only to seal the game with a sweet INT.

He has had some good games and some ****** games. Overall for you to say he has had a nice year make you look like a Winston sack-sniffer.

Depends what you mean by good year. Good year for an NFL Veteran starter? then no but for a rookie hes had a good year. Thats the problem with most of you guys. You forget hes a rookie and in that Rams game Winston couldnt even set his feet. Donald was constantly on him like there was no one blocking him. At times it looked like a Madden glitch were the defender comes through untouched.

Its obvious to see the ones crapping on Winston without np context. I keep seeing Winston has more than Mariota to work with. Wtf does Winston have? Vjax has hit that stage in his career where he can no longer stay healthy, Evans leads the league in dropped balls, the rest of our WRs are practice squad players on any other roster, our oline sucks, and we have to use max protection just to keep Winston standing in the pocket.

LMAO at this dumbass post. Mariota's best WR is Kendall Wright, who would be the 3rd best WR on the Bucs and has missed more games than VJax anyway. Mariota's #2 WR is DGB who is a Pop Warner version of Evans...probably the most unreliable WR in the league. Harry Douglas is their slot and he's an old washed up version of Adam Humphries who you deem a "practice squad player". Titans have the worst run game in the NFL - it doesn't even exist - while Bucs have the best RB tandem in the NFL. Both OLs are bad but Jeremiah turnstyle Poutasi is much worse than any Bucs OL, so that's the tiebreaker.

It's not even close. Replace Mariota with Winston and the Titans would have the worst offense of all time.

Lol at you comparing Humphries to a WR that has produced in the league.

We can go on and on about which offense is *******. Point is Winston dosent have much help.

Advertisement

He has had some good games and some ****ty games. Overall for you to say he has had a nice year make you look like a Winston sack-sniffer.

Nah. Just call it like I see it. Clearly, you missed how he was hit nearly every time he dropped back to pass, especially in the first half, perhaps missed the drops for a team leading the league in drops, missed the 9 penalties with over half on the offense including the one on ASJ on the Stl 1 yd line which led to a fg instead of a td, and missed the fact that the porous Bucs def once again allowed the Rams to race out to such a lead that the Bucs became one-dimensional.

His stats wouldn't be slightly better if the Bucs had a receiving corps that could actually catch the ball or a team that was more disciplined, they would be substantially better.

Don't let the numbers fool you on JW. Dude is legit. The question is, as someone mentioned, can he continue on this trajectory. As it stands, his numbers for this year compare nicely to some of the all-time greats. In fact, they're better.

As are all passing numbers in this decade.

dude on 620Wdae said there were 8 teams that had a legit chance to win the Super Bowl due to their QB position and listed the Bucs as one of those teams. Everyone needs to pump the ******* brakes.

Jameis has looked really good at times and really bad others as any rookie would. Josh Freeman had a couple of good years for the Bucs at QB too.

If I had to bet on it, I would put my money on Jameis being pretty good as a pro. But how fast the whole Tampa Bay area has been to anoint him is hilarious.

dude on 620Wdae said there were 8 teams that had a legit chance to win the Super Bowl due to their QB position and listed the Bucs as one of those teams. Everyone needs to pump the ******* brakes.

Jameis has looked really good at times and really bad others as any rookie would. Josh Freeman had a couple of good years for the Bucs at QB too.

If I had to bet on it, I would put my money on Jameis being pretty good as a pro. But how fast the whole Tampa Bay area has been to anoint him is hilarious.

This.

You speak some truth but please don't compare Winston to Freeman. Not saying Freeman was the reason why Schiano was fired but he did play a big role in it. He was also the reason why that offense was complete trash, refused to study to play book and study film, and couldn't stay off the powder with and out the strip clubs with his boy Morris. If he had half the motivation that Winston has, we wouldn't be talking about Jameis with the Bucs right now

Last edited:
Advertisement

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/677501608645799936

Oddly I don't see Winston's name on this list. Bucs fans love their narratives though...

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/677501608645799936

Oddly I don't see Winston's name on this list. Bucs fans love their narratives though...

Bucs are 15th...right in the middle. However, Jameis is so unjustly plagued by dropped passes...so unfair!

Too bad for Mike Glennon. JW was handed the job on draft day and Glennon isn't an UFA until 2017. I can't imagine he fits in well socially in that locker room.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This kind of reminds me of his first year as a starter. Some of us pegged him as a star while others said they needed to see him more. Leading up to our matchup, the debate was almost comical. Even after he won a MNC, people still doubted him, some even going so far as to say BK was better.

You don't need to like him as a person, but he's got talent. He's a rookie and doing pretty good by all accounts and as back then, it's apparent some are letting personal feelings get in the way of what they're seeing.

This kind of reminds me of his first year as a starter. Some of us pegged him as a star while others said they needed to see him more. Leading up to our matchup, the debate was almost comical. Even after he won a MNC, people still doubted him, some even going so far as to say BK was better.

You don't need to like him as a person, but he's got talent. He's a rookie and doing pretty good by all accounts and as back then, it's apparent some are letting personal feelings get in the way of what they're seeing.

That's exactly it. He'll end up 1/2 in ROY voting.

Too bad for Mike Glennon. JW was handed the job on draft day and Glennon isn't an UFA until 2017. I can't imagine he fits in well socially in that locker room.

what was the biggest issue was josh mcCown being gifted the job after glennon had a decent rookie year under a bad coaching staff.

Advertisement
Back