Winners keep score at TNM......

Manny stated everyone had a clean slate. He probably assigned leaders based on past performance and past leadership experience. Not going to speculate whether it was voluntary or not. Maybe @Tweed can elaborate. I've seen instances like this where new leaders excel and others emerge as well. It's all about creating a culture of accountability to your team mates. Great philosophy for performance improvement and team building.

Advertisement
I hate the Manny Hire.

It was LAZY.

That's what I said when it was announced and Manny is still the same guy who i thought was not right for the job. But dam, the guy has done everything I wanted to see done and I can't point to one thing I cant support. I was not a fan of the Enos hire and the O coaches he brought with him, But it seems like it has been a good move thus far. We will really see when we face off with the turds. What he has done with adding a DC, strength coach who walks the walk, upending the recruiting department, social media, recruiting, portal....now this scoreboard concept, I love it.

I hope the players love the S&C coach for the right reasons. Everyone loved Swasey. Personally I want a S&C coach the players fear not love.

Love the optimism tho. Manny absolutely seems to get it.
You can fear and love a leader at the same time if they are doing their job correctly. It's the exact same thing in the military. I love what I am hearing. If you want to put in the extra work he will be there with you the whole way...hopefully if you ***** up there is real accountability as well.

Advertisement
How? How is any of this a clear contrast from Randy Shannon's accountability? From Al Golden's U Tough? Mark Richt's training table?

Have we forgotten about Kyle Bellamy changing the diet of our players? This little gem from 2012:

https://www.stateoftheu.com/2012/3/...ugh-program-whats-been-missing-under-previous

Randy Shannon and his new rules:

Not defending those coaches but...

Randy did clean up what was beginning to snowball into a thug image and out of control lockeroom

Golden did tweak the diets and we all saw how fat and big we got as that’s how golden wanted his team

I hope the players love the S&C coach for the right reasons. Everyone loved Swasey. Personally I want a S&C coach the players fear not love.

Love the optimism tho. Manny absolutely seems to get it.

It’s a fair observation. I’m encouraged by the comment that he is available all day for extra workouts if the players want them.
Ultimately we time will tell.

You can fear and love a leader at the same time if they are doing their job correctly. It's the exact same thing in the military. I love what I am hearing. If you want to put in the extra work he will be there with you the whole way...hopefully if you ***** up there is real accountability as well.

I didn't love my drill instructor until I graduated boot camp. Just saying. Like the news tho

Come on Brock. No mention of the locker room facelift.
What I get is there is competition at all levels. When u hear from the irvin's, Reeds Vilmas etc. It was about competition against each other so that when they got to the game it was a breeze. Competition breeds excellence. Accountability leads to players (not player) holding others accountable for their actions. Manny wants these guys to love each other as a family and hold all to the same standards.
GO 80161

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not defending those coaches but...

Randy did clean up what was beginning to snowball into a thug image and out of control lockeroom

Golden did tweak the diets and we all saw how fat and big we got as that’s how golden wanted his team

I'm with you, but we ran them out of here. Now, I do think Manny is doing as good a job as any of us can expect him to do, I'm just numb to the hype at this point.

This is enough to scratch my off-season itch, but I know that until I see how a Diaz coached team responds to getting punched in the mouth by the other team, it all means nothing.

The energy, the workouts, the staff, the honeymoon of it all - prove it in September.

These type of posts kill me. Of course he needs to win when the season starts, Captain Obvious but excitement surrounding our program is a positive and if you think these things are just par for the course then you haven't been paying attention.

I love everything Manny is doing, there's a different energy with him and this staff. Of course that needs to translate to ws on the field but why whenever someone posts something positive do people like you have to be that guy and temper expectations. Let us feel good about what's going on.

If things don't work out I'm sure you and your ilk will be here to **** in everyone's cereal. Until then I'm gonna hope and expect great things from Manny and co.

Thanks for the info Tweed. Great stuff.

Last edited:
I didn't love my drill instructor until I graduated boot camp. Just saying. Like the news tho
I can somewhat agree with that...but if you go into boot camp understanding that it's just a mind game and preparation for something much worse than boot camp itself...you could love and fear at the same time.

So Manny has turned EVERYTHING into a competition !!!! I know you guys heard awhile back when Manny said he was going to be selecting “Team Leaders” and they would each have a group of players they would be responsible for. Well that’s alive and well & they are competing & keeping score on literally everything. Leader boards & rankings are posted and the competition is legit. Things getting scored:
  • Workouts
  • Training Table
  • Study Hall
  • Tardiness
  • Meetings
  • Effort
  • Attendance
.....just to name a few.

THE PLAYERS LOVE THE NEW STAFF !!!!!!

The energy in the building is COMPLETELY different & Manny hit a HR with the S&C coach. The players love this dude. He will stay ALLLLLLL **** DAY if players want to get in a personal workout session with him after group sessions. TNM isn’t just a hashtag, it’s legit different in **** near every way. Speaking of S&C the weight room is getting a facelift as we speak.
Turn everything into a competition among kids...sounds like The Hunger Games....

Advertisement
So Manny has turned EVERYTHING into a competition !!!! I know you guys heard awhile back when Manny said he was going to be selecting “Team Leaders” and they would each have a group of players they would be responsible for. Well that’s alive and well & they are competing & keeping score on literally everything. Leader boards & rankings are posted and the competition is legit. Things getting scored:
  • Workouts
  • Training Table
  • Study Hall
  • Tardiness
  • Meetings
  • Effort
  • Attendance
.....just to name a few.

THE PLAYERS LOVE THE NEW STAFF !!!!!!

The energy in the building is COMPLETELY different & Manny hit a HR with the S&C coach. The players love this dude. He will stay ALLLLLLL **** DAY if players want to get in a personal workout session with him after group sessions. TNM isn’t just a hashtag, it’s legit different in **** near every way. Speaking of S&C the weight room is getting a facelift as we speak.
How are they making the groups? Is it based off size since they are mixing offense and defense?

Advertisement
While I understand what some are saying in this thread by not sipping all of the koolaid pouring out of Hecht, you have to admit the early returns are much more encouraging that recent regime changes.

In the past, we would here about changes and old players being resistant to the changes and cutting dead weight...we haven't heard that. We have heard about older players feeling reinvigorated and that's EXACTLY what we needed to hear! In the past, guys like Pinck or Shaq would have bolted for the NFL, but instead we didn't have any surprise defections this off-season (everyone who left we either advocated for or knew it was coming).

I think the biggest difference in this change has been unlike past coaching changes, we will not be relying on Freshman to step up and lead as Manny had a plain to address the roster issues he inherited. No MNW 6 out front before their time, No Duke Johnson as our only game breaker.....

Can some of you just shut up and simply be excited when an insider tells you our team is totally revitalized from this coaching change? Or do you always have to find something to complain about, no matter what the news is?

I agree with what you say. But the reality is 15+ of mediocrity will do that to you. LOL.

Advertisement
Back