Winners keep score at TNM......

This is enough to scratch my off-season itch, but I know that until I see how a Diaz coached team responds to getting punched in the mouth by the other team, it all means nothing.

The energy, the workouts, the staff, the honeymoon of it all - prove it in September.

Same stuff I've heard from every new hire, honestly. All of a sudden, we are treated to good nutrition, conditioning, and accountability.

Advertisement
So Manny has turned EVERYTHING into a competition !!!! I know you guys heard awhile back when Manny said he was going to be selecting “Team Leaders” and they would each have a group of players they would be responsible for. Well that’s alive and well & they are competing & keeping score on literally everything. Leader boards & rankings are posted and the competition is legit. Things getting scored:
  • Workouts
  • Training Table
  • Study Hall
  • Tardiness
  • Meetings
  • Effort
  • Attendance
.....just to name a few.

THE PLAYERS LOVE THE NEW STAFF !!!!!!

The energy in the building is COMPLETELY different & Manny hit a HR with the S&C coach. The players love this dude. He will stay ALLLLLLL **** DAY if players want to get in a personal workout session with him after group sessions. TNM isn’t just a hashtag, it’s legit different in **** near every way. Speaking of S&C the weight room is getting a facelift as we speak.
I love it 👍

I hope the players love the S&C coach for the right reasons. Everyone loved Swasey. Personally I want a S&C coach the players fear not love.

Love the optimism tho. Manny absolutely seems to get it.
There is a fine line. Gus was literally fighting players. That shouldn’t happen.

I don’t want to speak for Tweed, but I think he’s saying that the kids love the new S/C staff because they respect them and know they will get them ready to play, not because they are buddy-buddy with the players. That’s why Swasey was popular. Different kind of popularity.

I appreciate all of Diaz's efforts, but Imo leadership should not have to be assigned, it should come naturally from the players. no one assigned anything to Reed, or greats of the 80's. They were just naturally leaders. I'm just sayin
He’s trying to instill the mentality of accountability amongst your teammates and create a more player led team including discipline as well. The “fear” of not letting your teammates down

So Manny has turned EVERYTHING into a competition !!!! I know you guys heard awhile back when Manny said he was going to be selecting “Team Leaders” and they would each have a group of players they would be responsible for. Well that’s alive and well & they are competing & keeping score on literally everything. Leader boards & rankings are posted and the competition is legit. Things getting scored:
  • Workouts
  • Training Table
  • Study Hall
  • Tardiness
  • Meetings
  • Effort
  • Attendance
.....just to name a few.

THE PLAYERS LOVE THE NEW STAFF !!!!!!

The energy in the building is COMPLETELY different & Manny hit a HR with the S&C coach. The players love this dude. He will stay ALLLLLLL **** DAY if players want to get in a personal workout session with him after group sessions. TNM isn’t just a hashtag, it’s legit different in **** near every way. Speaking of S&C the weight room is getting a facelift as we speak.

Tweed thank you for sharing

Advertisement
Same stuff I've heard from every new hire, honestly. All of a sudden, we are treated to good nutrition, conditioning, and accountability.
My prior post about this doesn't take away from the confidence I have in Diaz. It's just.... I guess if you want me to be excited, tell me nobody is saying a word. That everybody is militant about their jobs. Coaches and players. That'd excite me because it's a clear contrast from the typical talking points that circulate every time there's a new staff.

He’s trying to instill the mentality of accountability amongst your teammates and create a more player led team including discipline as well. The “fear” of not letting your teammates down
I fully understand what he's trying to do. but I've never seen or heard of it being "assigned" before

I appreciate all of Diaz's efforts, but Imo leadership should not have to be assigned, it should come naturally from the players. no one assigned anything to Reed, or greats of the 80's. They were just naturally leaders. I'm just sayin

That’s the thing, It wasn’t coming from the players. At that point there are different possible approaches. Some just sit back and see what happens or hope things change, and others—like Manny, who are assertive and proactive and insist on moving the needle—make a move to foster change.

My prior post about this doesn't take away from the confidence I have in Diaz. It's just.... I guess if you want me to be excited, tell me nobody is saying a word. That everybody is militant about their jobs. Coaches and players. That'd excite me because it's a clear contrast from the typical talking points that circulate every time there's a new staff.

How? How is any of this a clear contrast from Randy Shannon's accountability? From Al Golden's U Tough? Mark Richt's training table?

Have we forgotten about Kyle Bellamy changing the diet of our players? This little gem from 2012:

https://www.stateoftheu.com/2012/3/...ugh-program-whats-been-missing-under-previous

Randy Shannon and his new rules:

Last edited:
Advertisement
He's having to artificially encourage it - down the line it will become a natural thing when the culture changes.

Advertisement
How? How is any of this a clear contrast from Randy Shannon's accountability? From Al Golden's U Tough? Mark Richt's training table?
The contrast would be we wouldn't hear about what cliche quote they put on the wall or, don't rise to the occasion, but fall back on your training. The contrast would be that unlike before, Miami is done talking and is gonna prove it on the field.

That's unrealistic to even imagine, I'm just illustrating how little these changes and nuances matter to me until the product matches the sales pitch.

Advertisement
Manny has been here three years already so he has a feel for who the leaders are. To be clear, I’m not sure if Manny “assigned” the leaders or if the groupings selected the leaders amongst themselves. I was just wording it that way based off of what Manny said in a previous interview.

The contrast would be we wouldn't hear about what cliche quote they put on the wall or, don't rise to the occasion, but fall back on your training. The contrast would be that unlike before, Miami is done talking and is gonna prove it on the field.

That's unrealistic to even imagine, I'm just illustrating how little these changes and nuances matter to me until the product matches the sales pitch.

"The New Miami" is not a cliche quote posted to the wall? Al Golden was quoted "Don't rise to the occasion, fall back on your training."

Advertisement
Back