Win loss scenarios - CMD

Would you rather:

• Total voters
You can click on it and see each idiot. Lmao at thinking any good comes from winning or keeping Manny. Lets win 10 games so we can lose by 30 everytime we play a ranked team. Some fans yoy are. NC state GA Tech VTech Pitt UNC are Ls with Manny team has quit.
Wanting to win and predicting to win are very different things. Please. When has losing put Miami in a good position? I have been screaming Diaz was Shannon 2.0 since BEFORE he got the job. I want Miami to win every game, I know we won’t and the problem lies deeper than Manny Diaz.

We need an athletic dept that understands athletics. That’s step 1.
Step 2 is hire coaches that understand the challenges (yes challenges) of coaching in South Florida and how to overcome them.

The coaches, players and fans are all entitled underachievers.

Advertisement
As a fan of this program, would you rather us lose several more games and end the season with a head coaching vacancy or see Manny try and turn it around knowing that if he wins, he stays.

Losing a handful of games might put us in a place to get a better coach OR we could end up like Tennessee/FSU. Not to mention, we could also end up with a large number of transfers and decommitments. I don't think Manny is the guy but instability might hurt more then it helps. What are your thoughts?
Respectfully, I don’t believe we have to concern ourselves with this question. This team will be lucky to be 1-4 in our first five ACC games. We won’t finish the season over 500. It’s over… Manny’s as gone as can be. Coaches have slowed recruiting. They’re blaming the kids and the kids in turn have started checking out. Next man up

Wanting to win and predicting to win are very different things. Please. When has losing put Miami in a good position? I have been screaming Diaz was Shannon 2.0 since BEFORE he got the job. I want Miami to win every game, I know we won’t and the problem lies deeper than Manny Diaz.

Step 2 is hire coaches that understand the challenges (yes challenges) of coaching in South Florida and how to overcome them.

Well maybe the issue is you didn't read the choices. 9-3 and keep Manny for next season was your vote. Winning 9 games and getting face stomped in Conference game and bowl game are worse than going 4-8. No possible way 9-3 gets Manny fired its just delaying the inevitable for Texas A&M to hang 50 on him next year.

Well maybe the issue is you didn't read the choices. 9-3 and keep Manny for next season was your vote. Winning 9 games and getting face stomped in Conference game and bowl game are worse than going 4-8. No possible way 9-3 gets Manny fired its just delaying the inevitable for Texas A&M to hang 50 on him next year.
There's no way Manny is winning the coastal, and there's no guarantee he's getting fired in any scenario either.

After watching many a coaching change the one thing that cannot be considered but is stated all the time is
“Recruits will leave or decommit”

This should never be a consideration. The recruits will leave anyway. And the next coach will get his guys anyway. Yes it means that we have a down class, but please do not think about keeping MD, simply for fear of recruits leaving or transferring.

That is all
Agree 100%.
We did that in '18. Part of the thinking was to keep Manny (actually get him back) and keep the class in tact.
We wound up with the # 8 ranked class which included Rousseau and Jordan. Other than those two, well....i'll say no more.

Advertisement
I'll choose the heart breaking unraveling loss on Thursday to UVA and then get blown out in Chapel Hill for the nail in the coffin.

Fired on Monday, whoever can be the interim coach, and then Shoop takes the job as the 10th assistant and calls the defense and see what happens the last 6 games.

If we lose against UVA and UNC we'll be out of the Coastal race and there will be nothing left to play for and will be the perfect time to send Diaz packing. Retaining the players from the 20/21 classes should be the focus. Simpson can be interim HC and Robinson DC. They seem like no nonsense guys who will ceremoniously trash the jewelry and might have us playing decent ball by season's end if Rhett ******* gets his house in order.

I would never wish losses for my alma mater but anyone with eyes can see that his regime is over at Miami. I have never seen such an unprepared and unmotivated team. He needed to be fired yesterday.

I am a true Miami fan so I want what is best for the team to win. ACC championships and being a year in and year out contender for the National Title. We are not going to do that with Coach Diaz. I wish we were! I liked him, I wanted him to succeed here. But he is not. I want whatever scenario that makes a Diaz firing at the end of year unquestionable. So I want the losses to be so bad that he has to be let go at the end of year. And then we are in the hunt for another coach.

That being said.....I have no confidence in the University to hire someone to make that happen. BUT at least there is a chance to get a good staff. If he wins then there is no chance of an upgrade.

Advertisement
Agree 100%.
We did that in '18. Part of the thinking was to keep Manny (actually get him back) and keep the class in tact.
We wound up with the # 8 ranked class which included Rousseau and Jordan. Other than those two, well....i'll say no more.
Yep.
Just accept that we are in a holding pattern as a program. Know that a new coach is just around the corner. Get excited for that coaching search process. Hope that better coaching, game play and recruiting classes are ahead. Not everyone can do that I guess.

It becomes far easier to stomach the inevitable recruit losses and media slander knowing that it should feel better in a few months.

I won’t root for losses and I don’t feel I have to they will more than likely come organically regardless of how I watch/cheer on Saturdays. I also have zero faith in our AD to hire someone competent to replace Diaz.
The sad thing is there’s isn’t even a point in watching/cheering anymore. Nobody directly involved gives a shlt. And if they do, they’re incompetent enough to warrant not watching

We expect our coaches to be tough and the players to be tough but now its time for us as fans to be tough and "fans" are hoping for losses? smh This toughness thing is obviously more systemic than I thought.

Hoping we lose games in the off chance that we may win later is scared thinking after 3 games. Its not easy to muster up hope after the start of the season. Its still our job. Nobody ever said being a Cane fan was easy.

Hoping for losses is really about punishing Manny for disappointing you. Snap out it.

Let go Canes!!

Advertisement
If Miami ends up 9-3, Diaz will be the first living candidate eligible for canonization, because that would be a miracle. 8-4 is what I thought would happen, and that’s looking unlikely. I didn’t realize that the foundation had so many cracks in it. And 8-4 isn’t leaving it up to chance. His fate will still be in the hands of the guy who hired him, which is the bigger issue. Even 7-5 is blind optimism at this point. We’ll be fortunate to go .500 in ACC play. I’m an alum and would never “hope” or cheer for my team to lose so that a coaching change could be made. Again, Manny is a symptom of larger issues. I mean, no way does Miami have the balls to hire a kick *** AD, a football czar, and buy out Oregon for Mario.

Last edited:

Don’t call the fans underachievers. We won 5 national championships. Have some respect.

The sad thing is there’s isn’t even a point in watching/cheering anymore. Nobody directly involved gives a shlt. And if they do, they’re incompetent enough to warrant not watching
It would appear they don’t care at this moment. I just can’t bring myself to not watch or care. As long as we have a team I will have the hope that we can be brought back to life. We all know it’s possible with the right leadership, but will the people calling the shots pull their heads out of their *** and do what needs to be done.

Advertisement
I want to see Garcia or TVD take the reins and perform like we've seen other young QB's perform. Clemson isn't the same without Trevor Lawrence plus he gave them 4 years. Sam Howell has made NC an incredible offense and started young. How many freshmen QB's started against us and cleaned our clocks. It took an injury for Tom Brady to play QB at Michigan....so just maybe tomorrow dawns a new star for the U...we can hope, can't we!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back