Wiltfong on the portal....

Advertisement
Not sure why everyone thinks we are targeting Nolan. Not that he's not a take. Just could be someone else...
When I hear things like this it’s probably a florida kid which would point to Stewart, but who knows. Hopefully it’s Anthony Hill so if the Orlando backer flips ( he’s saying some **** I hate ) we have a replacement plus he’s a star

Advertisement
In this order:
  1. DT
  2. LB
  3. CB
  4. OL (got a nice crop coming in, but a couple really good portals would be great)
  5. WR ( got 2 speed guys coming. Need more)
  6. QB (Hopefully Emory shocks the world. Can't blame Rashada with this offense)
  7. RB (now we know depth is very necessary)
Lmao @ DT being number one! Our DTs would be all conference if we won more games and if they weren’t rotated so much. They’re both top notch. The game we got ran all over, FSU; they ran counter with Two pullers all night and the other side crashed down on the DTs whole night. Good way to neutralize them and since our LBs can’t fill and scrape they could not stop it. The pullers are taking on our play side DE and LBs not there to turn it back inside. We good there I think with many young beasts. We could take rotational guy but it’s a luxury not a need. But at the other three spots you listed.. sheesh we need help there!!!!

All this talk about the backdoor got @JG13 fired up
lisa kudrow valerie cherish GIF by The Comeback HBO

Advertisement
" If you're not backdoor recruiting the portal you could never get a swing on a big-time player going in."

That's not pointing out the obvious to me. That's basically saying if you aren't doing it you're screwed
Okay. I assume there are back-door channel communications in the transfer portal.

So it’s obvious, to me.

Lmao @ DT being number one! Our DTs would be all conference if we won more games and if they weren’t rotated so much. They’re both top notch. The game we got ran all over, FSU; they ran counter with Two pullers all night and the other side crashed down on the DTs whole night. Good way to neutralize them and since our LBs can’t fill and scrape they could not stop it. The pullers are taking on our play side DE and LBs not there to turn it back inside. We good there I think with many young beasts. We could take rotational guy but it’s a luxury not a need. But at the other three spots you listed.. sheesh we need help there!!!!
FSU took that from UNC's playbook. I studied it from Lincoln Riley offensive scheme at OU when i called plays as OC. Its called the GT counter with a down blocking scheme backside. They leave the playside DE free in order to kick him out or let him over committ and it also causes confusion with LB's in terms of play flow. We was lost in space all game.

FSU took that from UNC's playbook. I studied it from Lincoln Riley offensive scheme at OU when i called plays as OC. Its called the GT counter with a down blocking scheme backside. They leave the playside DE free in order to kick him out or let him over committ and it also causes confusion with LB's in terms of play flow. We was lost in space all game.
Our edge guys on the GT counter ran up field like idiots every time and got kicked out instead of plugging the pullers before they can kick out which would disrupt the counter

This was the one issue that has always given me an uneasy feeling about the portal existing at the same time with the one time transfer rule. Elite players jumping ship. At that point its officially free agency.

Miami is a big name school. So is Oklahoma. So is (holding my nose) UF. I could obviously go on. None of them are immune to losing their top kids to bigger names. NIL and school loyalty won't be an antidote forever.

Probably not this year and maybe not even in the next 5 years.. but eventually.. we're going to see the best players - All American level players - all try to go to one team in an attempt to form their own super team. Its inevitable. Its already happened on every other level, in pretty much every other sport. They won't even need NIL guarantees before hand because once they form their super team, everyone will want a piece of them anyway.
…they can always do that. And don’t need the portal to do it.

Advertisement
Our edge guys on the GT counter ran up field like idiots every time and got kicked out instead of plugging the pullers before they can kick out which would disrupt the counter
Yeah running up field is the worse thing to do againts the GT counter because it creates the lane for the counter and gives the GT one less guy to block lol. I was smh everytime we defended it like **** what are they doing? Lol

Its a beautiful play go witness when blocked to perfection.

It makes you scream and cry tho when you can not stop it.

Advertisement
Doesn't help with our box is so light. The way our LB's would shift with RB motion, it would pretty much leave us with a 4-1 box. If we keep this same strategy DJ might run for 380.

Its a beautiful play go witness when blocked to perfection.

It makes you scream and cry tho when you can not stop it.

Better learn to stop it, it’s become to the most popular power run in college football.

Yeah running up field is the worse thing to do againts the GT counter because it creates the lane for the counter and gives the GT one less guy to block lol. I was smh everytime we defended it like **** what are they doing? Lol
Yup was like how do I know this and they don’t smh

Advertisement
Back