Wiltfong on the portal....

Advertisement
no he wasn’t.

He played everywhere under Mario. Here’s the stat line.

C701C0B5-EAE3-4871-A886-D934CC3C192C.jpeg

I hope buddy doesn’t come here simply because he will be unfairly compared to the FSU back from Oregon and I will have to hear the remedial community of this board talk about that and complain that he isn’t him and I am already tired of hearing about it.

Advertisement
What happened to him this season?
I don’t really know but my guess would be with a new offense he switched positions thinking he would find a way on the field and didn’t work out the way he thought. He doesn’t have the college tape to show but he is a great talent to bring into the program

This was the one issue that has always given me an uneasy feeling about the portal existing at the same time with the one time transfer rule. Elite players jumping ship. At that point its officially free agency.

Miami is a big name school. So is Oklahoma. So is (holding my nose) UF. I could obviously go on. None of them are immune to losing their top kids to bigger names. NIL and school loyalty won't be an antidote forever.

Probably not this year and maybe not even in the next 5 years.. but eventually.. we're going to see the best players - All American level players - all try to go to one team in an attempt to form their own super team. Its inevitable. Its already happened on every other level, in pretty much every other sport. They won't even need NIL guarantees before hand because once they form their super team, everyone will want a piece of them anyway.
I don't see that happening for multiple reasons.

1. Any given team will have to back up a Brinks truck on top the money spent on the existing roster.

2. AtM has already shown that you can't just buy a bunch of elite players, throw in them in the pot, and get championship soup.

3. You'll have a tough time building culture if the majority of the roster are short term players. You can wind up with a revolving door of portal players each year never establishing a culture.

Advertisement
Is he playing inside for TAMU because he made it clear as a recruit he was only willing to play DE

Not sure honestly. I assumed inside but they also run a 3 man front so who knows. Kid has 3T ability but the build of a 0-1 at 6’5 300+ (similar to Darrell Jackson), in other words exactly what we need.

Advertisement

Took an official June 2021 and an OV Sept 2021

Were him and Mario close?

He was in contact with him at Oregon

I'd take Lucas in a heartbeat. I loved that kid as a prospect and he is still fresh. That's instant competition there and another able body to push 56 and add quality depth.

What's Lucas's situation at TAMU? Is he one of the kids that was smoking a fatty in the locker room?

Advertisement
Back