Willis out for Pinstripe Bowl

Guy was a monster this year and I wish him well, but didn't he just make a comment about finishing what he started with his brothers?

Advertisement
I can’t even take a nap without more bad news for Miami.

-decommits left and right.
-flip an App state commit
-Diaz leaves and it happens to be right before biggest recruiting weekend of the year.
-our best player is out for the bowl game

Advertisement
“I just would like to start off by saying that God is awesome and that without Him and His favor over me, I could not and would not be at this point in my life,” Willis said. “After the trials and challenges I experienced early on in my college career I am blessed to have experienced triumphs and successes this past season. Unfortunately, I suffered a hand injury and I have been advised to start rehab.

“I would like to thank my amazing and supportive family, especially my parents. Thank you to Coach Al Golden for giving me a second chance. Thank you to Coach Mark Richt for never giving up on me, but investing in me and my emotional and mental health; while also being an incredible mentor, coach and friend to me. I also have to thank Coach Manny Diaz, and of course Coach Jess Simpson, for putting a lot of time and effort into helping me get to where I am today.

“To the U Family – the staff, faculty, and the greatest fans in college football -- I’m very honored, humbled but also excited to get started on the next phase in the journey of football. I look forward to representing my family, teammates, coaches and most importantly myself as I transition from being a student-athlete to a professional athlete. Thank you all again, it will forever and always be about The U!”

My preseason prediction of him being the best DT we have had since Warren Sapp came true.

He owes us nothing more. This is a “meaningless game”. If it was the national title game I’m sure he would slug it out. He’s come too far to risk injury for this game.

Get Ford and Nesta ready.

Advertisement
If I remember correctly, he came out of the Pitt game for a few plays after injuring his hand.

Thats smart because he definitely has not been 100% and he should not mess with his money like that. Also, I think this is good for us. He wont be here next year and we have to see what we are going to be left with.

Advertisement
Not a fan of sitting out the bowl game in general and Willis specifically stated he would not do that.

Do you ever say anything positive on here you ignorant fvck?

Anyway, time for nasty Nesta to show out.

When you're pretty sure the kid would play if this game meant anything at all then I have no problem giving a pass here. Not to mention it's absolutely the right move if it's even remotely a real hand issue.

Advertisement
I've heard he has a legit injury. If he didn't fix it now, he wouldn't be able to participate in the Senior Bowl (which is critical for a player like him).

Best DT we've had in 15 years.

Kareem Brown was pretty darn productive his senior year. That being said Gerald should go first day.

My preseason prediction of him being the best DT we have had since Warren Sapp came true.

He owes us nothing more. This is a “meaningless game”. If it was the national title game I’m sure he would slug it out. He’s come too far to risk injury for this game.

Get Ford and Nesta ready.
At this point the HC is in a don’t care mode. Why should these guys risk their career with a possible injury to play in a meaningless game? Like you said get the next guys up.

Advertisement
Back